Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 78910 LastLast

Thread: Mayberry?

I use to live in a mayberry town myself I thought anyhow. 10 years ago I was out in my front yard working out with my heavy medicine ball when a car full of so called men 3 of them called me many names and stopped the car at the corner and asked me what I thought of that. My reply was ok have day, they replied they were backing up and the passage was going to kick the shit out of me. I thought they were only kidding. They did exactly what they said they would, at least I was able to get into my house before it came to throwing punches. I now know that there is no safe places.

I live about an hour northeast of Orlando. Technically, my quiet (now semi-)rural town has a population of 765 people, but it borders two others, one 13,000, the other 20,000. Seven days ago we had two people shot in our local Walmart parking lot. I've probably been to that Walmart five times or less in the six years we've lived here, one of those times was last week to pick up a pair of Ozark Trail Tumblers I purchased on Walmart.com because they were on sale for $6.00ea and Amazon wanted $14ea.

You just never know, and all you can do is be as attentive as possible, as often as possible, and carry your gun even when it's a lot more fun to kick back and "feel" safe.

Quote Originally Posted by Robert Mitchum View Post
    Attachment 18217Attachment 18218
    2 Low life weak clowns .. I had the pleasure of bouncing one of them off a wall once.
    Too bad you didn't crack his skull open.

In most residents minds it was Mayberry until these scumbags went to work.

Their handy work was perpetrated about one mile from my house. My wife and kids were in the same supermarket that afternoon when they marked their victims.

Just over 10 years now. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cheshi...vasion_murders

Quote Originally Posted by blues View Post
    Subject is still at large. Large areas of the National Forest have been evacuated while they continue searching. Tough on men and dogs in this heat and unfortunate for those who have traveled to the area to enjoy the forest.

As an aside: Capt. Jeremy Queen of the Transylvania Co. Sheriff's Office who gave the briefing on the news tonight is the officer who happens to conduct my annual LEOSA qualifications and who was kind enough to meet me at the range for a one on one session a couple weeks back just to accommodate my schedule despite my protestations. Makes a fella proud.
    I reckon the best way to capture such miscreants in the woods is to set up a strategically-situated campfire, and keep it going all night while boiling coffee and frying bacon. The whole "catch more flies with honey than vinegar" thing.

Do bring night vision (for the cover officer) and portable tactical early warning devices, too, of course.
    Last edited by Rex G; 07-29-2017 at 08:11 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Rex G View Post
    I reckon the best way to capture such miscreants in the woods is to set up a strategically-situated campfire, and keep it going all night while boiling coffee and frying bacon. The whole "catch more flies with honey than vinegar" thing.

Do bring night vision (for the cover officer) and portable tactical early warning devices, too, of course.
    I failed to update the thread, Rex, but Stroupe was apprehended and taken into custody in McDowell County. The sad part is that he was driving a vehicle belonging to a man from Mills River who hasn't been seen in several days since the vehicle was stolen. Clearly, the chances of his being alive are slim at best.
    There's nothing civil about this war.

Read: Harrison Bergeron

I failed to update the thread, Rex, but Stroupe was apprehended and taken into custody in McDowell County. The sad part is that he was driving a vehicle belonging to a man from Mills River who hasn't been seen in several days since the vehicle was stolen. Clearly, the chances of his being alive are slim at best.
    Thanks for the update. Time to pray for the missing man, and his family.

Quote Originally Posted by fatdog View Post
    That, I also think HipHop, the constant poisonous garbage amoral cultural rot messages from Hollywood and television contributed too.
    God, if Ed Sullivan had just kept Elvis off the air none of this ever would have happened...

Quote Originally Posted by JohnO View Post
    Too bad you didn't crack his skull open.

In most residents minds it was Mayberry until these scumbags went to work.

Their handy work was perpetrated about one mile from my house. My wife and kids were in the same supermarket that afternoon when they marked their victims.

Just over 10 years now. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cheshi...vasion_murders
    I did this years before the Home invasion .. both of them where nothings and had zero balls as inmates.
    Jail House cockroaches is the best way to describe them.
    Name:  american-cockroach-1.jpg
Views: 321
Size:  15.3 KB

Quote Originally Posted by Rex G View Post
    Thanks for the update. Time to pray for the missing man, and his family.
    Save your prayers for his family and friends now, Rex. Apparently, his body was found over the weekend.

A sad but not expected ending to this affair.

I hope Stroupe rots in everlasting hell.
    There's nothing civil about this war.

Read: Harrison Bergeron

Save your prayers for his family and friends now, Rex. Apparently, his body was found over the weekend.

A sad but not expected ending to this affair.

I hope Stroupe rots in everlasting hell.
    As is far too often the case, the really decent people in this world suffer as a result of the misdoings of thugs like Stroupe.

My next door neighbor is a native of Henderson County and all three of her children still live in the area. One of them is good friends with many members of the Bryson clan and she told me they are all just good mountain people that are generous with all they have. A sad ending indeed.
    The path of least resistance will seldom get you where you need to be.

User Tag List