Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Superb Ruger Customer Service Support

Superb Ruger Customer Service Support

A few days ago, when re-zeroing my 1979-vintage Security Six, I noticed that while it adjusted, my windage screw was without any discernible click detents. While Ruger technically no longer supports the -Six series revolvers, in this case the adjustable rear sight is the common one that they use for most of their adjustable-sight revolvers. Basically, they suspected that wear or accumulated dust/grime/shavings/GSR were inhibiting the adjustment screw's performance, and while likely repairable, it was easier simply to replace the entire rear sight assembly. They were kind enough to immediately send me a complete rear sight assembly, gratis.

Ruger has long been noted for exceptional aftermarket support, and its good to see that exceptional support still exists.

Best, Jon

Site Supporter
    Kool! And good to know as well. (smile)

Dave
    Last edited by Dave T; 04-16-2019 at 02:29 PM.

Site Supporter
    I may contact Ruger about one of my security six revolvers. One of the chambers seems to exhibit a more gritty trigger pull than others, and I was getting more blow back on one chamber than others. Would this be a timing issue?

Quote Originally Posted by TheNewbie View Post
    I may contact Ruger about one of my security six revolvers. One of the chambers seems to exhibit a more gritty trigger pull than others, and I was getting more blow back on one chamber than others. Would this be a timing issue?
    It could be an endshake, worn or out of spec trigger or pawl, or timing. I would call Ruger, but since they're no longer supporting or servicing the -Six revolvers, you'll probably need to have a gunsmith resolve. Rick Devoid, Karol Sokol, or Cylinder & Slide would be my recommendations. Best, Jon

Quote Originally Posted by JonInWA View Post
    It could be an endshake, worn or out of spec trigger or pawl, or timing. I would call Ruger, but since they're no longer supporting or servicing the -Six revolvers, you'll probably need to have a gunsmith resolve. Rick Devoid, Karol Sokol, or Cylinder & Slide would be my recommendations. Best, Jon
    It also could be as simple as some unburned powder under the extractor star.
    The first indication a bad guy should have that I'm dangerous is when his
    disembodied soul is looking down at his own corpse wondering what happened.

Quote Originally Posted by LtDave View Post
    It also could be as simple as some unburned powder under the extractor star.
    Yup. A toothbrush is your friend...

Best, Jon

Ruger P-90 magazine release spring

Just needed a spare magazine release spring for my P-90 for "just in case" I needed one. I called and asked if they had one in stock. Was asked for my pistol serial number. The nice lady said she was going to send a free one my way, including postage. Got it within a week. Can't ask for better!

Site Supporter
    I emailed Ruger, let's see what they say.

Quote Originally Posted by TheNewbie View Post
    I emailed Ruger, let's see what they say.
    I'd recommend personally calling, but let us know how the email route goes.

Best, Jon

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by JonInWA View Post
    I'd recommend personally calling, but let us know how the email route goes.

Best, Jon
    You’re right about calling, but I sent it last night just to see what they said.

Got a reply today.

RUGER’S REPLY-

“Unfortunately, we no longer offer parts and service for this model. You may send in your firearm to our NH facility and we will offer you a replacement model of your choice at a discounted price. Please contact our Customer Service Department for further information at 336-949-5200 and one of our representatives will be happy to assist you.

For older parts you can check with Jack First at 605-343-9544, Moyer's Gun Repair at 208-587-6408 or Numrich Arms at 845-679-4867 or 845-679-3500.

Please be advised, Newport Customer Service will be closed on Friday April 19th , 2019. We will do our best to respond to emails and voicemails as quickly as possible upon reopening on Monday April 22nd , 2019. Thank you for your patience and understanding.”

User Tag List