Page 10 of 15 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast

Thread: Duty-Grade LPVO at a Budget

Curious about the Steiner 1x4. Seems to be what I need but Ive seen a few remarks in other places about failures. Anybody have any feedback as far as durability of these scopes?
    It seems the original scope didnt have the yardage lines on it and thats what I would preferred but that model is not available anymore.
    I'll wager you a PF dollar™ 😎
    The lunatics are running the asylum

Quote Originally Posted by UNK View Post
    Curious about the Steiner 1x4. Seems to be what I need but Ive seen a few remarks in other places about failures. Anybody have any feedback as far as durability of these scopes?
    It seems the original scope didnt have the yardage lines on it and thats what I would preferred but that model is not available anymore.
    The Stiener is a great little scope. In it's price point it kill's Trijicon. Next to SWFA it's my favorite in the $400-$700 price point before you get into $1200+ optics. They're definitely not as bright, but one thing the Steiner and SWFA have over Primary Arms, Sig, Trijicon, and Vortex (even in their higher dollar offerings) is a really generous eyebox. That red dot like parallax performance is more important to me than ultra HD glass.

As far as durability, it's not a $1200+ scope. When you look to save money, your going to sacrifice some performance. Mine has come off of zero twice after running around the farm on the ATV with it in a boot. That said, my SWFA has not.

The ATV test isn't really a realistic test.... running around the range definitely isn't equal to bouncing threw the woods, tractor ruts and erosion tracks on a cattle farm, but there's a reason there's definite teirs in scope pricing.

Quote Originally Posted by UNK View Post
    I'm currently banging away with one in an ADM mount on top of a Kimber 8400 Talkeetna in .375 H&H. My round count is right at 52 today and no loss of zero within the accuracy of me and the rifle. Rifle is getting bounced around in my truck and on my wheeler between my 5 shots a day. I will likely stop at 100 rounds as that should be enough to make me happy as far as using the scope for hunting.

Quote Originally Posted by Krausewerks View Post
    The Stiener is a great little scope. In it's price point it kill's Trijicon. Next to SWFA it's my favorite in the $400-$700 price point before you get into $1200+ optics. They're definitely not as bright, but one thing the Steiner and SWFA have over Primary Arms, Sig, Trijicon, and Vortex (even in their higher dollar offerings) is a really generous eyebox. That red dot like parallax performance is more important to me than ultra HD glass.

As far as durability, it's not a $1200+ scope. When you look to save money, your going to sacrifice some performance. Mine has come off of zero twice after running around the farm on the ATV with it in a boot. That said, my SWFA has not.

The ATV test isn't really a realistic test.... running around the range definitely isn't equal to bouncing threw the woods, tractor ruts and erosion tracks on a cattle farm, but there's a reason there's definite teirs in scope pricing.
    The Steiner has gone up in price in the last few months, and it's getting hard to find. That being said, I'm eyeing up a Vortex Viper PST Gen II 1-6x24.
    From Older Offspring after a discussion of coffee:

"If it doesn't come from the Kaffa province of Ethiopia, it's just hot roasted-bean juice."

I have been very happy with my p4xi. It has gone through many rifle classes in a variety of weather conditions as well as personal training at the range. No loss of zero or other parts breakage.
    Name:  20200702_201240.jpg
Views: 1475
Size:  100.2 KB
    Come, mother, come! For terror is thy name, death is in thy breath, and every shaking step destroys a world for e'er. Thou 'time', the all-destroyer! Come, O mother, come!

Quote Originally Posted by Krausewerks View Post

If a scope won’t stay zeroed on a 4 wheeler in a boot, it has no place on a rifle.

My Trijicons’s, SWFA’s and even Leupolds have all held zero mounted in a rack on front of my 4 wheeler and I’m not easy on gear. I’d send that scope back for inspection or check your mounts.

My money is on the mount...

Quote Originally Posted by shane45 View Post
    My money is on the mount...
    Can you expound on that?
    I'll wager you a PF dollar™ 😎
    The lunatics are running the asylum

Meaning that, given an optic of higher quality, when looking into problems, I have found it was the mount or the method in which it was mounted to be the issue. Not the optic its self. Im not saying it isnt possible. But I would look at the mount and mounting method first.

There is a sale on Bushnell scopes here:

https://www.eurooptic.com/Bushnell-E...-Specials.aspx

User Tag List