Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast

Thread: What do you think about the SIG P226 SAO?

I'm always interested to hear about the guns that great shooters actually carry. Especially if those guns are what they actually shoot in competition, or at least very similar. Surely there are at least a few who carry and compete with a stock-ish Glock, or 1911 or something?
    Technical excellence supports tactical preparedness
    Lord of the Food Court
    http://www.gabewhitetraining.com

Quote Originally Posted by OrigamiAK View Post
    I'm always interested to hear about the guns that great shooters actually carry. Especially if those guns are what they actually shoot in competition, or at least very similar. Surely there are at least a few who carry and compete with a stock-ish Glock, or 1911 or something?
    I'd be very, very surprised if Vogel didn't daily-carry something of the 17/19/34 family. And I think we've all seen what he can do with a G34.

Quote Originally Posted by TheTrevor View Post
    I'd be very, very surprised if Vogel didn't daily-carry something of the 17/19/34 family. And I think we've all seen what he can do with a G34.
    I would think that too about Mr. Vogel and Mr. Sevigny. I don't actually know though. I have read Vogel referencing some kind of J-frame type revolver in a pocket (351PD I think?) I thought the implication was that that was what he carried off-duty and outside of competition, but I don't think he directly said he didn't carry something else too.
    Technical excellence supports tactical preparedness
    Lord of the Food Court
    http://www.gabewhitetraining.com

Quote Originally Posted by OrigamiAK View Post
    I would think that too about Mr. Vogel and Mr. Sevigny. I don't actually know though. I have read Vogel referencing some kind of J-frame type revolver in a pocket (351PD I think?) I thought the implication was that that was what he carried off-duty and outside of competition, but I don't think he directly said he didn't carry something else too.
    http://www.vogeldynamics.com/gear/

Law Enforcement Use

Glock 35 40cal Sevigny sights; Glock light; 135gr Corbon Powerballs
    S & W 340 PD 357 Magnum; Back-up & Off duty; 125gr Hornady XTPs

Thanks, Skintop. You would have been perfectly justified in posting that as a lmgtfy.com link, BTW.

Now I have this yearning to see Vogel compete against Jerry M at next year's BUG Nationals...

When talking "carries" are we talking concealed everyday?

If concealed everyday, I would think the numbers are far statistically smaller that anyone carries a full size double stack of any maker. Numbers would more than likely be in favor of the Sigs vs say a 2011 double stack. I would guess that traditional 1911 #'s might come closer in numbers to a full size Sig. While many people do it, I am sure overall majority numbers would show that most conceal carry something other than a full size anything. I will add that I do plain clothe carry a P226 when necessary.

I will note that I only own 1 2011 pistol. An STI Tac 5.0 .40 S&W which I couldn't pass up at the price it was offered NIB. I was skeptical at first, but that damn pistol is one of, if not THE most accurate, nice in the hand, overall performing pistol I own and has done nothing but run and run with everything I have thrown at it. Of course it is mag sensitive but with the correct mags it runs like a champ. Now I am no one special, and don't even shoot competition but for a duty carry pistol, I would have no problem carrying my sample of 1 STI 2011.

Quote Originally Posted by caleb View Post
    Lol.

Name a top level shooter that actually carries a 2011. Because I can name a dozen that don't. And mine are actual GM level national champions.
    Start by naming a top level shooter who carries anything. After carving those out, name the few left who carry, who use something bigger than a Kahr, J frame or LCP?

As to magazine sensitivity with a 2011 -- nope, nope, I have never heard of a 1911, especially the 9mm ones, being magazine sensitive before.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Murder Machine, Harmless Fuzzball TCinVA's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Alaskapopo View Post
    Both and it seems you just can not accept the fact that some people may not agree with your anti 1911/2011 stance. Frankly no one cares what some video blogger carries. Its funny how you bash 2011's when your favorite company Sig has had such a shitty reputation of late with lowering quality control. I am sure if STI threw some money your way for reviewing guns your tune would change.
    Unless you're sitting on some pretty strong evidence that you can pony up, I strongly suggest you refrain from ever throwing that sort of accusation out again on this forum. We're not going to tolerate that nonsense.

Lots of people have industry ties of one sort or another. You don't get to question their motives or honesty on that basis alone.
    Last edited by TCinVA; 01-17-2014 at 08:25 AM.
    3/15/2016

THE THIRST MUTILATOR Nephrology's Avatar
    I have been on the internet for some time, and this was one of the dumber arguments I think I've ever read.

Somehow, I shoot Colt 1911s for an entire year, but I'm anti-1911.

User Tag List