Page 6 of 20 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast

Thread: Ruger-57. No Longer Just Internet Rumor

Should have spent their energy coming up with P365 competitor!

Quote Originally Posted by Caballoflaco View Post
    I can’t find it, but out there on the internets is a video of a cop with a p90 putting a couple of bursts into a guy’s torso and after the end of the second burst the shootee basically says something along the lines of “ok ok please stop shooting me” without much of a physical reaction at all.
    I think I saw that but Im pretty sure the guy was wearing Level III body armor.

Quote Originally Posted by Polecat View Post
    Should have spent their energy coming up with P365 competitor!
    That's in the works I'm sure.

No inside info. But how can they not be?

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

Ruger-57...

Okay. I guess it'll be popular with civilians who envision themselves getting into high volume gunfights with drug cartels.

For the rest of us, I guess I never could figure out what 5.7 does the .22 Hornet doesn't do, except I guess hold lots of bullets...Even .22 Hornet is cheaper and easier to reload.

Kinda would have preferred Ruger Built a Single-Seven in .22 Hornet.

Quote Originally Posted by RevolverRob View Post
    Ruger-57...

Okay. I guess it'll be popular with civilians who envision themselves getting into high volume gunfights with drug cartels.

For the rest of us, I guess I never could figure out what 5.7 does the .22 Hornet doesn't do, except I guess hold lots of bullets...Even .22 Hornet is cheaper and easier to reload.

Very few people born after 1960 have ever heard of the .22 Hornet. Every GenXer, Millenial, and whatever the one is after that that have played any COD or other FPS game knows what the 5.7 is. Like it or not that in large part pushes current firearm sales. Companies are marketing to the those with disposable incomes not those on fixed incomes. Compaines are looking forward not backward to the 22 Hornet and cap and ball muskets. Does Federal load American Eagle 22 Hornet or do I have to get that ammo from Old Western Scrounger?
    Last edited by Nightvisionary; 12-31-2019 at 07:47 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by RevolverRob View Post
    Ruger-57...

5.7 isn't particularly difficult to load for.

More regarding my earlier comment about the Ruger not being a serious duty gun:

I haven't verified it yet the sight dovetails appear to be Novak. The issue is the rear dovetail is located farther back on the slide. A standard Novak rear should fit but it'll overhang the back.

A shame since being able to slap a set of Novak suppressor sights to use in conjunction with a red dot would have been nice.

How hard would it have been to build the thing to take Glock sights?

Last edited by Tokarev; 12-31-2019 at 07:47 PM.

This thread has turned into one of the best "new gun reviews" ever. Thanks to Tokarev for sharing his experience and answering questions about a brand new firearm that literally just hit the market. This thread reinforces what is great about this forum.

Tokarev

Will you buy one?

Quote Originally Posted by Navin Johnson View Post
    Tokarev

Will you buy one?
    I don't know. It is fun to play with but ultimately not very practical.

User Tag List