Page 17 of 23 FirstFirst ... 71516171819 ... LastLast

Thread: LAW folder

Site Supporter
    What's the trick to getting this to just latch shut without having to push the button at the same time? Oil, degrease, Cherrybalmz, working the button and riding the 'hitch' to smooth things out, etc., haven't worked. Functions fine otherwise. Any pointers?

Quote Originally Posted by jeep45238 View Post
    What's the trick to getting this to just latch shut without having to push the button at the same time? Oil, degrease, Cherrybalmz, working the button and riding the 'hitch' to smooth things out, etc., haven't worked. Functions fine otherwise. Any pointers?
    SHUT, meaning in the locked, firing position? It should just snap into place with light pressure. if it doesn't, I think something is wrong

Quote Originally Posted by jeep45238 View Post
    That doesn't sound normal at all. While both of mine are a nice tight fit, the button shouldn't be required. Have you checked to see if there's a bur or something on the latch?

I wondered the same thing before installing the buffer tube. The buffer tube acts as a lever and makes it much easier to close. There’s resistance from the latch but it will close without pressing the button if the gun needed to be employed.

Mine was pretty stiff with a lot of resistance from the latch and I was pressing the button to get it closed, then I convinced myself to close it with some degree of force and never ease it shut. That worked and it has become easier with use. I think the latch pin was sorta tight in its channel and had a lot of resistance at first.

I just bought the second to last one from OP Tactical. They only have FDE though. Now if people would stop hoarding A5H2s... in the meantime we’ll see how the MK18 runs with it and a A5H3 I guess.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Wake27 View Post
    I just bought the second to last one from OP Tactical. They only have FDE though. Now if people would stop hoarding A5H2s... in the meantime we’ll see how the MK18 runs with it and a A5H3 I guess.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Nick from VLTOR said a while back that they were swamped filling contract orders hence the shortage. This was pre COVID so I don't know how much worse that made things.

You could always remove weight from the A5H3 if it's too much.

Quote Originally Posted by Casual Friday View Post
    Nick from VLTOR said a while back that they were swamped filling contract orders hence the shortage. This was pre COVID so I don't know how much worse that made things.

You could always remove weight from the A5H3 if it's too much.
    I know they're always hard to find. But I'm a member of a FB group that has had I think two or three separate posts over the past two or so months with people showing off the 8-12 A5 buffers they had just bought... I also have no desire of screwing with the buffers. I know you can, but I had a hard enough time remember which lowers had green springs and which had standard until I consolidated them all to the same one. Either way, a member here reached out so I'm good.

I backordered with Brownells. Discount code SAE saves you $15 and will work in conjunction with any mil / LE / other discount you already have at sign in (at least appears to). I believe Brownells does not charge your card until they ship.

Quote Originally Posted by Wake27 View Post
    I know they're always hard to find. But I'm a member of a FB group that has had I think two or three separate posts over the past two or so months with people showing off the 8-12 A5 buffers they had just bought... I also have no desire of screwing with the buffers. I know you can, but I had a hard enough time remember which lowers had green springs and which had standard until I consolidated them all to the same one. Either way, a member here reached out so I'm good.
    Geez. That's just people hoarding them to sell later when they're OOS.

User Tag List