Page 28 of 51 FirstFirst ... 18262728293038 ... LastLast

Thread: Glock 43X/48 Range reports

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Larry Sellers View Post
    My 19.5 and 45 do the same thing.

They both have over 1k through them without issue and have extremely good ejection patterns.

Are you using plastic or brass cased dummy rounds?

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk
    Good to know. Aluminum snap caps and brass cased dummy rounds.

Quote Originally Posted by Up1911Fan View Post
    Haven't live fired my 48 yet, but when dryfiring everything seems to be fine if the chamber is empty, add a dummy round or snap cap and the slide locks up after you pull the trigger. It doesn't want to cycle at all, I had to grip the slide and pretty much slam my strong hand into the web of the frame to knock it loose. Not sure if I even want to shoot it first or just call Glock to send it in.
    My brother has a G43X that does the same thing. He told me about it and I didn’t believe him so he showed me and sure enough, a dummy round locks it right up. The dummy rounds he has have an empty primer pocket. I think what happens is that once the trigger is pulled, the striker protrudes into the space where the primer should be. With the striker protruding like that, when you try to manually eject the dummy round, the striker catches the lip of the primer pocket causing the gun to feel “locked up.” If you depress the trigger while trying to eject the dummy round it should be easier to move the slide. I believe this is because it depresses the plunger (I don’t know the proper term for it) allowing the striker to move a little bit.

I am not a Glock armoror or a gunsmith so take that for what it’s worth. Hopefully someone knowledgeable will come around and be able to clarify.

Quote Originally Posted by jws View Post
    My brother has a G43X that does the same thing. He told me about it and I didn’t believe him so he showed me and sure enough, a dummy round locks it right up. The dummy rounds he has have an empty primer pocket. I think what happens is that once the trigger is pulled, the striker protrudes into the space where the primer should be. With the striker protruding like that, when you try to manually eject the dummy round, the striker catches the lip of the primer pocket causing the gun to feel “locked up.” If you depress the trigger while trying to eject the dummy round it should be easier to move the slide. I believe this is because it depresses the plunger (I don’t know the proper term for it) allowing the striker to move a little bit.

I am not a Glock armoror or a gunsmith so take that for what it’s worth. Hopefully someone knowledgeable will come around and be able to clarify.

Try dry firing without a dummy round and if the slide works it is the dummy round you are using that needs to be changed.

Quote Originally Posted by JBP55 View Post
    Try dry firing without a dummy round and if the slide works it is the dummy round you are using that needs to be changed.
    That was our conclusion. The gun functions fine in both live and dry fire. The dummy rounds with an open primer pocket seem to cause the problem. I plan on trying a different brand of dummy round next time I get a chance.

I called Dawson Precision earlier today to inquire about G48 sights. They said that the G43 sights should regulate correctly, but I have my doubts. I'll report back once I get it to the range with them on, likely this weekend.

Quote Originally Posted by einherjarvalk View Post
    I called Dawson Precision earlier today to inquire about G48 sights. They said that the G43 sights should regulate correctly, but I have my doubts. I'll report back once I get it to the range with them on, likely this weekend.
    I believe you are right to doubt. IIRC, the G48 should have a .020" taller front than the G43.

They told me that the G34.5 MOS sights would work on my 19x, even though the G34 had a shorter front than back, and the G19x sights they list have a taller front than back. Taking advantage of their Perfect Impact" policy, it took 4 weeks to have a proper front sight made.

If you already know what heights to order, I would consider just ordering those to begin with to save time. You may lose the benefit of the perfect impact policy in doing so, though.
    Last edited by cornstalker; 03-18-2019 at 05:03 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by cornstalker View Post
    I believe you are right to doubt. IIRC, the G48 should have a .020" taller front than the G43.

They told me that the G34.5 MOS sights would work on my 19x, even though the G34 had a shorter front than back, and the G19x sights they list have a taller front than back. Taking advantage of their Perfect Impact" policy, it took 4 weeks to have a proper front sight made.

If you already know what heights to order, I would consider just ordering those to begin with to save time. You may lose the benefit of the perfect impact policy in doing so, though.
    Unfortunately I've already placed my order, but I'm thinking it shouldn't have too much of a difference considering how much smaller of a barrel length difference there is between the G48 and G43 compared to the G19X and G34. I've seen other people using G43 sights on the G48 with mixed success, and Kyle Defoor has been using G19 sights on his G43/43X/48 with great success at 25 yards, so I think this may just be a YMMV sort of situation on these smaller guns.

Quote Originally Posted by einherjarvalk View Post
    Unfortunately I've already placed my order, but I'm thinking it shouldn't have too much of a difference considering how much smaller of a barrel length difference there is between the G48 and G43 compared to the G19X and G34. I've seen other people using G43 sights on the G48 with mixed success, and Kyle Defoor has been using G19 sights on his G43/43X/48 with great success at 25 yards, so I think this may just be a YMMV sort of situation on these smaller guns.
    Could be. Good luck.

Quote Originally Posted by Ndbbm View Post
    Anyone found a flat trigger that works correctly with a SCD?

Jason
    Flat-ish, Apex Action Enhancment Trigger.
    Name:  C7FCD1C9-75FD-414A-8BD4-0C18E8E5AEFD.jpg
Views: 795
Size:  79.9 KB

Quote Originally Posted by octagon View Post
    https://youtu.be/_-Hh3zlsP1Q. Video of the 15 round Shield arms mags. Sounds promising.
    Just got on the availability notification list for these. If these work reliably the G19 will become a designated nightstand gun.

User Tag List