Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Thoughts on this 2" S&W Model 10

It appears to have been refinished as the markings show evidence of polishing. The hammer has some corrosion showing. It is most definitely not worth the $900 BIN price.

Quote Originally Posted by farscott View Post
    It appears to have been refinished as the markings show evidence of polishing. The hammer has some corrosion showing. It is most definitely not worth the $900 BIN price.
    I agree $900 for a used 10-7 is several hundred too high, but I've looked at the pics closely and I'm not seeing the re-blue that you are; the stamps are crisp, the screws aren't dished, lines are straight not wavy, there's a visible turn line. What leads you to think it's been refinished?

Also, I believe what you think is corrosion is actually what remains of the case hardening colors.
    Hain’t we got all the fools in town on our side? And ain’t that a big enough majority in any town?

I don't see any evidence of a refinish, or corrosion. There's hardly a turn line evident so I doubt issues like end shake or push off are a concern, but those are good questions to ask.

The buy it now price is in the smoking crack arena. Personally, I wouldn't pay more than $500 for it. If it was an earlier pinned barrel, or half moon front sight variant maybe more, but it's not.

I have one like it in nickel finish and it's my favorite "roscoe".
    Last edited by Trooper224; 07-13-2019 at 06:32 PM.
    We may lose and we may win, but we will never be here again.......

Quote Originally Posted by Trooper224 View Post
    The buy it now price is in the smoking crack arena.
    Ha, you think that's bad? There's someone here trying to sell a 2.5" Model 19 for $1800....TC215 didn't even pay that much for his 3" Model 66 Karl Sokol...
    "Are you ready? Okay. Let's roll."- Last words of Todd Beamer

It's real purty! But square butts are way harder to conceal than round butts. For me anyway that little bit of curve makes the diff between printing and not printing.

You can buy a 3" K-frame round butt for in the $500-$800 range and those are a lot more rare. For me a 3" round butt hides easier than a 2" square butt. Plus is easier to shoot and gets most any bullet going fast enough to expand.

Sorry, I posted a link for some 2” model 12s that are out of stock now.
    Last edited by KPD; 07-14-2019 at 11:37 PM.

Has that soft look of an aggressive buff and blue job. Not like new.

User Tag List