Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3111213

Thread: RFI: Coffeemakers

Quote Originally Posted by LittleLebowski View Post
    I've had this in my cart at Amazon forever, pondering cold brew.
    I've been considering something similar without the spout (jar not included)

Quote Originally Posted by rob_s View Post
    Alright someone explain this Cafe Bustelo thing...

As far as I can tell, Cafe Bustelo is designed to be brewed in something like a Moka Pot. Add sugar and milk and you have a Cubano. The "espresso" in the name probably means that the roast/ground size is optimized for espresso, so it will be too finely ground to make for a good pour over. If you're limited to grocery store coffee, Cafe du Monde or Chock Full O Nuts are my go to. For whole beans, Costco's Mayorga coffee is my go to, amazing deal at like $6.50/lb.

Quote Originally Posted by orionz06 View Post
    I didn't have a long enough attention span to mess with the stock Aeropress. The Prismo is totally worth it, really save the thing for me.
    Will it work with regular drip coffee? I'm too lazy/cheap/alltheabove to grind coffee.
    “If you know the way broadly you will see it in everything." - Miyamoto Musashi

Quote Originally Posted by MGW View Post
    Will it work with regular drip coffee? I'm too lazy/cheap/alltheabove to grind coffee.
    Good question. I do not know, I've always ground a little finer for the Prismo. I'll have to give it a shot and report back.
    Think for yourself. Question authority.

I despise cold coffee. I like my coffee hot with a dark soul. Does cold brew taste different than brewed coffee that's cold?
    “If you know the way broadly you will see it in everything." - Miyamoto Musashi

RFI: Coffeemakers

Quote Originally Posted by orionz06 View Post
    There was alleged to be a coffee shortage coming, but it's only impacting grocery store brands. I heard from someone close to a Nestle employee. At the time, and most recently, there is no shortage of coffee beans for smaller roasters.
    The local grocery store had a lot of coffee, but all pre-ground, even in the places they normally had whole bean. I figured it was something to do with the corvids, not letting people grind it in store.

I’ve been ordering from Pine Coffee Supply out of Pinedale, WY. They have some really good offerings if you like the heirloom/exotics.

The other thing is that it’s summer, so time to bust out the Toddy. Even if you don’t like to drink it cold, you can add 1:1 boiling water and it’s a good alternative to drip.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by MGW View Post
    I despise cold coffee. I like my coffee hot with a dark soul. Does cold brew taste different than brewed coffee that's cold?
    Yes, and it’s delicious. Huge difference in flavor between “iced coffee” & cold brew.

Sometimes one needs to be a purist. Coffee, sugar, cardamom, filtered water, and close attention to heat for about 7 minutes.

Name:  IMG_20200531_103354616~2.jpg
Views: 131
Size:  64.5 KB

Yes, that is a double dose.
    "If I ever needed to hunt in a tuxedo, then this would be the rifle I'd take." - okie john

"Not being able to govern events, I govern myself." - Michel De Montaigne

Banned
    holding the head of Perseus in my support hand
    Quote Originally Posted by Lex Luthier View Post
    Sometimes one needs to be a purist. Coffee, sugar, cardamom, filtered water, and close attention to heat for about 7 minutes.

Name:  IMG_20200531_103354616~2.jpg
Views: 131
Size:  64.5 KB

Yes, that is a double dose.
    That looks and sounds delicious.

User Tag List