Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Weapon lights with integral lasers

Quote Originally Posted by RevolverRob View Post
    Rob - there is the Steiner DBAL-PL - https://www.steiner-optics.com/laser-devices/dbal-pl - For pistols and the DBAL-RL - https://www.steiner-optics.com/laser-devices/dbal-rl-v2

I haven't tried either of these, just some other options. They have an advantage of putting the laser above the light, so when flipped upside down for 12 o'clock mounting, the laser would be closer to the bore.

These are sort of interesting,e gen if the pricing outs them kind of out of range. Appears again to be both white/IR illuminations and colored/IR laser modules, which gives me hope that if you were to offer a model that was just white light and colored laser we could get something that was a least maybe 75% of this size. And hopefully far less expensive.

And, if Steiner is doing it at this price, hopefully we’ll get a knockoff/copy/Chinese version that’s 1/3 the price.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by rob_s View Post
    That’s actually sort of interesting. May be a little larger than the pictures would first lead one to believe.

It appears that the laser comes right out of the light bezel?
    Not sure, the body does not look overly large compared to the pressure pad from what I can see. I am also assuming the laser is incorporated into the bezel/reflector.
    Polite Professional

Quote Originally Posted by PD Sgt. View Post
    Not sure, the body does not look overly large compared to the pressure pad from what I can see. I am also assuming the laser is incorporated into the bezel/reflector.
    Yeah I more meant the head. The battery tube seems pretty compact based on the pic with the rechargeable battery, but the same pic has me thinking the head/bezel are pretty large compared to other solutions.

Name:  4FF0A58E-C4DF-42BB-AFE4-D4626CEC1011.png
Views: 567
Size:  85.7 KB

Quote Originally Posted by misanthropist View Post
    I had been asking about the Olight one - some people ordered them but I don't know if anyone's had a chance to try one out yet.
    I've been playing around with it BALDR Pro (green laser). I've found that for usability of both light and laser, I prefer it at 6:00 or 7:30 on a rifle. From that position it's pretty easy to operate from my left hand grip using index finger for either ON or momentary and also switch between modes. At 7:30 it becomes a 45 degree cc shift that I'm already accustomed to using. From these two positions the left/right offset is mitigated.

The mode switch is a separate switch and is also exposed so it could be unknowingly 'bumped' to a different setting. Standard three settings - light, light/laser, laser, and then strobe mode is activated by pressing both activation switches simultaneously.

I have it sighted in at .9 in low at 25 yds using a bore laser which should keep it reasonably on target out to 200yds (or as far as I can see it without a magnified optic which is probably quite a bit less)

Right now this is all theoretical because I haven't been able to get out and bang it.

ETA: I no longer have a pistol large enough on which BALDR can properly fit so it's limited to rifle.
    Last edited by critter; 05-10-2020 at 08:43 AM.
    You will more often be attacked for what others think you believe than what you actually believe. Expect misrepresentation, misunderstanding, and projection as the modern normal default setting. ~ Quintus Curtius

These are sort of interesting,e gen if the pricing outs them kind of out of range. Appears again to be both white/IR illuminations and colored/IR laser modules, which gives me hope that if you were to offer a model that was just white light and colored laser we could get something that was a least maybe 75% of this size. And hopefully far less expensive.

And, if Steiner is doing it at this price, hopefully we’ll get a knockoff/copy/Chinese version that’s 1/3 the price.
    They do - the SBAL. Still expensive even compared to SF. The TOR is a smaller option too. Never seen one in person.

https://www.steiner-optics.com/pistol-lasers-and-lights

And a friend has one, the HLX is larger than pics would lead one to believe.
    Last edited by El Cid; 05-10-2020 at 09:35 AM.

I realized last night cruising Steiner's lineup - they actually have something cheaper -

The Tor Fusion - https://www.opticsplanet.com/v/7001-...ion-laser.html

Which has the laser from the same bezel as the light. 350 lumens is normal, but it has a "burst mode" feature giving 470 for 1-minute, before it runs down back to 350. It's still kind of tall - but certainly much smaller than the DBAL.

I don't know if it runs on RCR123s or only a standard CR123.

Quote Originally Posted by El Cid View Post
    They do - the SBAL. Still expensive even compared to SF. The TOR is a smaller option too. Never seen one in person.

https://www.steiner-optics.com/pistol-lasers-and-lights
    Good to know!

SBAL-PL looks like it’s pretty bulky, but at least the laser is between the light and the bore. Switching doesn’t really look like it would really be viable on a carbine.

Name:  32A7F34B-4D59-40AF-B417-EE90ADB2CE11.png
Views: 538
Size:  81.0 KB

Looks like the TOR Fusion, the one I assume is the light/Laser, is “coming soon”. I’m guessing the laser comes out of here?

Name:  57E33ABA-7060-4773-AA01-7570435EA554.jpeg
Views: 521
Size:  28.5 KB

Switching, for a carbine setup, also looks like it my not be ideal
    Name:  193C1A14-6C94-46D6-BAC3-6A3D18CEDF85.jpg
Views: 518
Size:  14.1 KB

Good to know!

SBAL-PL looks like it’s pretty bulky, but at least the laser is between the light and the bore. Switching doesn’t really look like it would really be viable on a carbine.

Name:  32A7F34B-4D59-40AF-B417-EE90ADB2CE11.png
Views: 538
Size:  81.0 KB

Looks like the TOR Fusion, the one I assume is the light/Laser, is “coming soon”. I’m guessing the laser comes out of here?

Name:  57E33ABA-7060-4773-AA01-7570435EA554.jpeg
Views: 521
Size:  28.5 KB

Switching, for a carbine setup, also looks like it my not be ideal
    Name:  193C1A14-6C94-46D6-BAC3-6A3D18CEDF85.jpg
Views: 518
Size:  14.1 KB
    They have an RL version for long guns. Most pistol lights aren’t going to be ideal for a rifle. And in Steiner’s case they offer a variety of DBAL options. The A4 has a white light but is obviously on the larger side.

https://www.opticsplanet.com/steiner...ght-combo.html

Do any of the non-SF options offer a DG style setup? I bought a DG switch a long time again planning to pick up a X400 for the nightstand gun based on Craig and AMIS but I have never completed the purchase.

Back on topic. As mentioned I haven’t had time to really test them except dry fire. Switches push inward which I don’t consider optimum but they’re easier to use than the original TLR-7 switches.

User Tag List