Page 18 of 22 FirstFirst ... 81617181920 ... LastLast

Thread: Trijicon SRO--Anyone else had problems?

Between the 509 and acro I want to go acro. Half of that is for ownership of the company not being a Chinese one. 509 price and size are both sweet though.

Quote Originally Posted by Quantrill View Post
    My carry gun has an rmr but my gamer gun has an SRO. if my rmr died today, I’d likely replace it with an SRO based on my experience. The low sun angle hasn’t been an issue for me. Maybe luck, or that I shoot only shoot local matches and it hasn’t been exposed.

My SRO also lives with a TFT on it full time for the past year. YMMV and such
    You know, that running it occluded prevents false dot…

But I prefer to run my carry optics with a visible window.

Because eye injuries happen, especially in a fight.

Try running an occluded dot with monocular vision….

I think the Acro works well for field/duty type use. There are definitely better optics for competition. The shape of the Acro makes concealment harder for that application.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Quote Originally Posted by newyork View Post
    Between the 509 and acro I want to go acro. Half of that is for ownership of the company not being a Chinese one. 509 price and size are both sweet though.
    $500 for the 509t2 vs. $600 for the Acro? Not that much difference in the big picture, when you factor in milling costs. I'd pay $600 for a 509t2.

I have an ACRO on my G20, and it's a perfect fit for that gun. On a G19 size gun, I'd way rather have a 509 or EPS.
    “There is no growth in the comfort zone.”--Jocko Willink
    "You can never have too many knives." --Joe Ambercrombie

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    I think the Acro works well for field/duty type use. There are definitely better optics for competition. The shape of the Acro makes concealment harder for that application.
    George, you like Clusterfrack, prefer the 509t overall for carry/defense for civilians?

Sounds like you’re making a decision. I understand and mostly sympathize on your Chinese point. But there are Americans who have jobs due to Holosun and other companies, say…Apple.

I forgot to mention Steiner. We have one guy running a 1st gen Steiner. He likes it. Battery life will have to be considered. But the ACRO and Trij offerings run 2032s. My personal ACRO is about 11 months on 1st battery, but I have not run it on all the time. If nothing goes down, I’ll change batteries New Years.

“Ya pays ya money,” etc.

Add editnot George) I conceal a 19MOS w/ACRO P-2 in a JMCK IWB holster. Can’t say enough good things about Tony’s creations. But I don’t feel real badly about running other sights. I have an EPS “Carry” on a 43X and like it. Still, forced to pick one= ACRO.
    YMMV
    Last edited by 1Rangemaster; 11-25-2022 at 12:59 PM. Reason: Concealment comment

Quote Originally Posted by JCN View Post
    You know, that running it occluded prevents false dot…

But I prefer to run my carry optics with a visible window.

Because eye injuries happen, especially in a fight.

Try running an occluded dot with monocular vision….
    There was actually a video on Instagram that Mike Pannone posted a little while back where he was teaching an LE optics class. He was discussing occluded optic shooting and then demonstrated it. I was impressed because he doesn’t have binocular vision due to the loss of his right eye.

POI shifts while shooting occluded is also the big clue I’ve seen that someone might not have binocular vision even if they have two eyes and they might not know they have a vision issue.
    My posts only represent my personal opinion and do not necessarily reflect the opinions or official policies of any employer, past or present. Obvious spelling errors are likely the result of an iPhone keyboard.

Quote Originally Posted by WobblyPossum View Post
    There was actually a video on Instagram that Mike Pannone posted a little while back where he was teaching an LE optics class. He was discussing occluded optic shooting and then demonstrated it. I was impressed because he doesn’t have binocular vision due to the loss of his right eye.
    I tried it just now and it’s easy to do monocular…. For about out to 7 yards.

Past that and it gets harder to do when the target is small.

Quote Originally Posted by Clusterfrack View Post
    $500 for the 509t2 vs. $600 for the Acro? Not that much difference in the big picture, when you factor in milling costs. I'd pay $600 for a 509t2.

I have an ACRO on my G20, and it's a perfect fit for that gun. On a G19 size gun, I'd way rather have a 509 or EPS.
    I can get a 509t x2 for like $340 shipped. Holosun/trijicon hook up at the moment. Not aimpoint unfortunately.

I can get a 509t x2 for like $340 shipped. Holosun/trijicon hook up at the moment. Not aimpoint unfortunately.
    Wow, that’s an awesome price.
    “There is no growth in the comfort zone.”--Jocko Willink
    "You can never have too many knives." --Joe Ambercrombie

User Tag List