Page 334 of 373 FirstFirst ... 234284324332333334335336344 ... LastLast
Results 3,331 to 3,340 of 3727

Thread: LE UOF Video thread

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by kwb377 View Post
    That's a new term for me.

Watched it a couple of times...looks like a sympathetic squeeze as he simultaneously pulled the door handle with his strong hand.
    So would that make it a Tactical unintentional Reflexive Discharge or T.U.R.D. ?

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Utm View Post
    Looks like all Holosun 509t's
    The Utah Highway Patrol issues glocks with 509Ts so it’s likely.

Quote Originally Posted by kwb377 View Post
    That's a new term for me.

Watched it a couple of times...looks like a sympathetic squeeze as he simultaneously pulled the door handle with his strong hand.
    Also trying to not MMQB this, but, is it standard procedure to draw your sidearm and transfer to support hand before opening the cruiser door? Seems like a recipe for TURDs (TM pending). Kinda like having pistol and Taser out simultaneously.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by psalms144.1 View Post
    Also trying to not MMQB this, but, is it standard procedure to draw your sidearm and transfer to support hand before opening the cruiser door? Seems like a recipe for TURDs (TM pending). Kinda like having pistol and Taser out simultaneously.
    My take is that they're probably a rookie based on the fact the driver was prompting him with streets/directions to relay on the radio and he seemed flustered as he initially ordered the suspect to "Get off the bike!" as he's running away.

Quote Originally Posted by psalms144.1 View Post
    We had a guy do that, shoot himself in the leg, while exiting the passenger side door of an unmarked vehicle, while myself and a co-case agent from DEA were taking a door on a location where we knew a large quantity of cocaine to be stashed.

We thought we were being shot at by the bad guys, only couldn't figure out where it was coming from.

(Don't worry, not only did he survive, he was hired away from our agency over to DEA, and eventually promoted to supervisor. )
    There's nothing civil about this war.

I’m guessing that maybe they mean a n unintended discharge in the field in action as opposed to a negligent discharge in the office, home, or elsewhere?

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by BobM View Post
    I’m guessing that maybe they mean a n unintended discharge in the field in action as opposed to a negligent discharge in the office, home, or elsewhere?
    TURDs vs Desk Pops ?

We had a guy ND into his leg in the office while re-holstering after checking his guns serial number for annual inventory.

Quote Originally Posted by blues View Post
    We had a guy do that, shoot himself in the leg, while exiting the passenger side door of an unmarked vehicle, while myself and a co-case agent from DEA were taking a door on a location where we knew a large quantity of cocaine to be stashed.

We thought we were being shot at by the bad guys, only couldn't figure out where it was coming from.

(Don't worry, not only did he survive, he was hired away from our agency over to DEA, and eventually promoted to supervisor. )
    Classic DEA.

Quote Originally Posted by TC215 View Post
    Classic DEA.
    To be fair, the best directly in-line supervisor I ever had in my career was a DEA supervisor when I was in the Task Force. I'd have gone to hell for him.

But yeah...they had some real winners. (The guy who replaced him, unfortunately, was so friggin' inept and stupid, I had to reassemble his pistol for him while blue lighting it to an entry. You can't even make this shit up. (I have more but will spare anyone the embarrassment.)

(I forgot to mention...I was driving. )
    Last edited by blues; 03-17-2023 at 05:38 PM.
    There's nothing civil about this war.

Quote Originally Posted by Caballoflaco View Post
    Tactical Unintentional Discharge is a combination of words I don’t think I’ve ever seen written in that order before. Is that a standard LAPD definition?

Is that a Beretta 92 at the 2:22 mark? I thought those things were long gone.

User Tag List