Page 36 of 38 FirstFirst ... 263435363738 LastLast

Thread: NFA group therapy thread

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by HeavyDuty View Post
    CA had a sale at their shoot today, so I have a Sandman-S coming too.
    Yes they did.

Started the clock on a Rugged Alaskan 360 Ti as a light weight hunting can.
    Last edited by HCM; 03-05-2023 at 12:11 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by HCM View Post
    Yes they did.

I should have checked if any others were going to be there.
    Ken

BBI: ...”you better not forget the safe word because shit's about to get weird”...
    revchuck38: ...”mo' ammo is mo' betta' unless you're swimming or on fire.”

Quote Originally Posted by HCM View Post
    Yes they did.

Did you get a chance to shoot it and see what kind of poi shift it gave if any?

For the past year and a half or so my entire Focus with suppressors has been finding one for hunting. Right now I'm using the TBAC ultra 7 and it seems to work well. However always looking for something better if it's out there.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by ccmdfd View Post
    Did you get a chance to shoot it and see what kind of poi shift it gave if any?

For the past year and a half or so my entire Focus with suppressors has been finding one for hunting. Right now I'm using the TBAC ultra 7 and it seems to work well. However always looking for something better if it's out there.
    Shoot it - yes - but checking POI shift is not something you can do a an “open range day” with a dozen manufacturers and hundreds of people lined up to shoot at plastic targets. Think suppressor - palooza.

You’d have to define “better.”

I’m not taking hunting shots greater than 200 in most instances and 100 is more common.

I’m not really concerned about POI shift either as long as it’s repeatable.

Thunder beast was at the event, and they have a great reputation for long range cans but none of their offerings fit my needs.

I’m not getting any younger and so wanted something that I could still shoot offhand 20 years from now when I’m in my 70s.
    Last edited by HCM; 03-05-2023 at 12:47 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by HeavyDuty View Post
    CA had a sale at their shoot today, so I have a Sandman-S coming too.
    Congrats on the purchase! You put a lot more effort into it than I did for my first can lol. I basically had a buddy push me into a single direction. Not that it was bad, not by any means, it just would have been better if I went with what I wanted in the first place is all.

What deals did they have going on? I wanted to get down there but was too busy yesterday to make it. That would've been a good enough reason as any to get a new can.

Quote Originally Posted by DpdG View Post
    Appreciate it. I have the email from back in August saying my application had been submitted and marked submitted/in process.

Edit- Did they mail you an actual paper stamp? My form 1s from last year were emailed PDFs of the approval/stamp, but they never mailed a paper copy.
    My E-filed form 1(SBR lower) and my E-filed form 4 (omega 9k), I only received a photocopy of the stamp on the approved form which is rather annoying since the text in that box goes over the stamp rather than under it like it does on my approved paper form 4 for my 36M since it is a physical stamp. I have no idea if that was temporary or the way of the future...I would guess the latter though.
    Last edited by Not HighSpeed; 03-05-2023 at 03:16 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Not HighSpeed View Post
    Congrats on the purchase! You put a lot more effort into it than I did for my first can lol. I basically had a buddy push me into a single direction. Not that it was bad, not by any means, it just would have been better if I went with what I wanted in the first place is all.
    Thanks! I are an analyst, I can’t help but to put a lot of effort into it. Plus, as my SPED teacher wife likes to point out, I has a touch of the autiz.

What deals did they have going on? I wanted to get down there but was too busy yesterday to make it. That would've been a good enough reason as any to get a new can.
    They were offering 5% off their already discounted prices. I saved an additional $50 by not taking the brake that is usually included, I already have KeyMo and KeyMicro FHs on almost everything and had no need for a 1/2x28 brake. We had other things to do in Austin (Evangeline’s!) so it was worth the trip.
    Ken

BBI: ...”you better not forget the safe word because shit's about to get weird”...
    revchuck38: ...”mo' ammo is mo' betta' unless you're swimming or on fire.”

Site Supporter
    It looks like June approvals are now happening on Reddit.

I’m end of November on my Dead Air Mask.
    God Bless,

Brandon

I submitted 2 form fours on June 9, 10 minutes apart. One was approved last Thursday. Waiting on the second one.

Second one approved yesterday. Picking up today: SOCOM Mini in 5.56 and SOCOM 7.62 RC2.

Quote Originally Posted by Andy T View Post
    Second one approved yesterday. Picking up today: SOCOM Mini in 5.56 and SOCOM 7.62 RC2.
    Jealous, I really need to order a Mini 5.56.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

User Tag List