Page 29 of 37 FirstFirst ... 192728293031 ... LastLast

Thread: Acro battery life thread

The trick is paralleling cells. If one of the cells is lower voltage than the other, the high will try to balance the low. Charging lithium primaries is a Bad Idea.

Designs with two stacked coin cells have them in series to get to a higher v. We don’t want v, we want ah.
    Ignore Alien Orders

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by JAD View Post
    The trick is paralleling cells. If one of the cells is lower voltage than the other, the high will try to balance the low. Charging lithium primaries is a Bad Idea.

Designs with two stacked coin cells have them in series to get to a higher v. We don’t want v, we want ah.
    I thought Tom was referring to an adaptor that runs a single 2032 on the outside that interfaces with the existing cr1225 contacts so you avoid the whole battery stacking problem.

It seems likely; I'm pretty out of my depth on this one except in being able to read a ruler.

That would make a hell of a case for the 2032s. It still seems like it'd be plausible to achieve that without having the same silhouette as the T-1's rheostat, which would seem a fair trade for the increase in battery capacity.
    Last edited by runcible; 09-29-2019 at 10:52 AM.
    Jules
    Runcible Works

Don’t we have an Aimpoint rep on the board? Wonder if his absence in this discussion is because they haven’t figured out a fix? I’m very interested in getting an ACRO but am willing to wait for version 2.0.

Hi everyone and sorry to bring up a old thread, but I just received my Aimpoint ACRO through work today and directly from Aimpoint (Shipped from them on 12/31/19). I just installed the Ventra battery tonight at 8:00 pm AZ time and right now it is on level 6. I am going to sight it in tomorrow and will let you know when it is time to change the battery and what kind of numbers I have been running it on.

I appreciate the willingness to test it and share the information. Question is, though, what level 6 brightness is good for. Based on my readings, very few people, if anyone, find that level useful. From what I've read, people run it anywhere from 7 to 10.
    Last edited by YVK; 01-11-2020 at 01:25 AM.
    Doesn't read posts longer than two paragraphs.

Murder Machine, Harmless Fuzzball TCinVA's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by YVK View Post
    I appreciate the willingness to test it and share the information. Question is, though, what level 6 brightness is good for. Based on my readings, very few people, if anyone, find that level useful. From what I've read, people run it anywhere from 7 to 10.
    Setting 6 would be useful in my house at night with the lights off. But other than that I get nothing on that setting. Turn on a light, no dot. Use a WML, no dot.

I'm sure people with better eyes than mine (I have trouble seeing red lasers in daylight, too) can use it, but not me.
    3/15/2016

Bump.
    #RESIST

I am about a week into a test of a “new” Acro. Instead of turning it on to a fixed setting, and waiting for it to die, I am just going to use it as a carry gun, turning intensity up and down based on conditions, sometimes off it not carrying it that day, and see how long until the battery dies. I have good BUIS on this 19 and a TLR-8, so I have alternative sighting methods.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

If Tom carries on with the T-hat adapter I will have to make him listen to me about contact methods.
    Ignore Alien Orders

User Tag List