Page 18 of 53 FirstFirst ... 8161718192028 ... LastLast

Thread: The 43X/48 and 365/365XL are EDC game changers

Quote Originally Posted by Speederlander View Post
    What's your holster for that 45?
    Red 1 Shivworks
    See thread: https://pistol-forum.com/showthread....d-short-review
    "And for a regular dude I’m maybe okay...but what I learned is if there’s a door, I’m going out it not in it"-Duke
    "Just because a girl sleeps with her brother doesn't mean she's easy..."-Blues

Quote Originally Posted by LittleLebowski View Post
    Dang, from .200 to .165? How long did it take to get done?

Yes from taller to the shorter. He ordered the wrong one. Then when he got the shorter one, he over tightened and sheared off the hex bolt and they swapped out that one too! But time to getting the first one exchanged he says took about a week.
    “Remember, being healthy is basically just dying as slowly as possible,” Ricky Gervais

Quote Originally Posted by JHC View Post
    Probably not unless you are frequently reaching for a smaller pistols some days which is sounds like you are not. Recall that earlier post from GJM where he said these slimlines are more for upgrading from a smaller gun vs downgrading from a service pistol?

Well when I started, that's what I was after. A 10/11 shooter that was more shootable and better performing for me than my 43 when I couldn't fit the G45. And formatted like a shrunkin' G45 what with the full grip and shorter slide.

But along the way I decided to shoot 1911s a lot for the joy and precision but mine are all full size steel and tough for me to pull off EDC. Then the 43X shot so well for me that it became too easy to EDC. My standard frame Glock shooting performance incl the G45 degraded as the weeks past of just shooting 1911s and slimlines. That's a very particular circumstance I got myself into. One which I'm happy as a pig in shit about FWIW.

Hopefully that puts it into perspective re YMMV.
    Thanks for the help man. In my case just seems like a solution looking for the problem. If I get in a position where I can't carry the G45, a 43x is going to be a no-go anyhow. At that point it's LCR in the pocket and a fixed blade .

The G45 is nice because I can move between it to the LCR, or my 3" DAO K-frame and back without much pain. Having a trigger I can pull through vs having to stage seems to be the key.

My local guy has really good pricing on the silver slide 48's, cause he can't move them. But, In my case that money is probably better spent on training ammo instead of a cool new gat.
    Last edited by wvincent; 08-13-2019 at 12:14 PM.
    "And for a regular dude I’m maybe okay...but what I learned is if there’s a door, I’m going out it not in it"-Duke
    "Just because a girl sleeps with her brother doesn't mean she's easy..."-Blues

Quote Originally Posted by LittleLebowski View Post
    Following up on this, I made some measurements and while a .150 height front sight would be ideal, I reckon that a .165 one will work as it's the shortest one that Ameriglo sells.
    .165 hits to the top of the front sight with 124+P in my G48.

Colt Commander came out about 1950.

M&Pc (12 rounds in mag) in what 2008?
    M&P compact

Beretta Storm Compact (15)

XD Compact (13)

So whats so special about the Glock and Sig? I don't understand.
    Last edited by Zincwarrior; 08-13-2019 at 03:22 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Zincwarrior View Post

Have you shot either a G43X/G48 or a P365/XL?

Quote Originally Posted by RJ View Post
    Have you shot either a G43X/G48 or a P365/XL?
    Or handled one?

They’re completely different classes of pistols.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The 43X/48 and 365/365XL are EDC game changers

M&P compact

XD Compact (13)

Sorry but the fact that you compared full sized compact guns to slim single stackish guns is telling enough for me. They are NOTHING alike. Thickness/weight/conceal ability is massively better for the g43x/p365. They are also quite a bit smaller then the Colt commander in a reliable package. Less maintenance and very much less expensive.

I had to edit. You are Trolling right? Just trying to get a rise? This shit has been covered to death.

Last edited by Trukinjp13; 08-13-2019 at 09:38 PM.

M&P compact

XD Compact (13)

Name:  03470392-B6EF-41E2-A80C-D27FEB18B605.jpg
Views: 873
Size:  44.4 KB

Quote Originally Posted by Trukinjp13 View Post
    Sorry but the fact that you compared full sized compact guns to slim single stackish guns is telling enough for me. They are NOTHING alike. Thickness/weight/conceal ability is massively better for the g43x/p365. They are also quite a bit smaller then the Colt commander in a reliable package. Less maintenance and very much less expensive.

I had to edit. You are Trolling right? Just trying to get a rise? This shit has been covered to death.

Width is 1.1in per 1.3 for the double stacks. Height and length are the same. I've worn an M&Pc under a fully tucked in dress shirt. I know officers who carry one under their vest as a backup to their M&P.

I am not trolling. I don't understand why asking a question is trolling.
    Last edited by Zincwarrior; 08-14-2019 at 07:31 AM.

User Tag List