Page 60 of 121 FirstFirst ... 1050585960616270110 ... LastLast

Thread: New CZ P-07 = Mind Blown

New CZ P-07 = Mind Blown

@holmes168, here are a few thoughts. Hopefully they will be helpful.

If the question is what gun, Glock 19 is probably the answer. I could be happy carrying a G19 with a Gadget.

I have come to like the P-07 better for a few reasons. First, I compete with Shadow2s, so the P07 feels very natural in my hands. The index is very similar. I also like the TDA action for carry for reasons that have been discussed at length here. The P07 is simple and well designed. It’s easy to detail strip. It’s the Glock of TDAs. Lastly, with a ProGrade kit, I can shoot the P07 measurably better than a stock G19.

Mags (P10c) and parts are easily found, and are cheap. The Prograde kit isn’t cheap, and is not a must. However, it makes a great gun into a truly outstanding one. Given the modest price of a P07, an additional $250 might not be that bad?
    “There is no growth in the comfort zone.”--Jocko Willink
    "You can never have too many knives." --Joe Ambercrombie

Site Supporter
    I just rented a P07 at the local range...and after shooting it a bit, I've found it to be superior to the G19 for me. The unmodified gun, when being used with ammo it likes, is stupidly accurate. The stock trigger is certainly not as good as a LTT tuned up 92G...but it was stock. And despite that, it was an easy gun to control, and easy to shoot very accurately with the stock sights (which weren't great).

I think the DA first shot has some huge benefits, and many times I've found I get a better first shot from a TDA than I do from my 1911s even. If I draw from a holster ten times at the same speed (say 1.1 seconds), I'll have one or two fliers from my 1911. When I did the same with my 92G there wasn't a single flier in 17 rounds.

So uh....is the CGW kit something you can install DIY or is it a gunsmith thing?

Sent from my moto g(6) using Tapatalk

The kit can be done by yourself with a couple of punches. I understand that CGW does some additional polishing if they install it. Since I use Federal And Fenix ammo (light primers too, I think), I’m biased towards lighter Competition Only springs for everything.

I have about 500 *flawless* rounds through a P-09 with CGW kit and their 11.5# hammer spring.
    Last edited by David S.; 06-14-2020 at 04:08 PM.
    David S.

Yes, I installed the Prograde kits in my P-07s. There are videos, and the armorers manual is a help as well.

If you think a detail strip on a Glock is super easy, this should be doable for you. If you think it’s challenging, I recommend having CGW do it. Or if you don’t like doing stuff like this. Their charge for the install is reasonable, and you can buy the gun from them.

Site Supporter
    I'm liking this more and more then.

CGW parts are ordered.

.74 from AIWB is smoking fast! Nice work! Great looking P07 setup.

Quote Originally Posted by Clusterfrack View Post
    My JMCK holsters for CZ P-07 with TLR-8ga arrived yesterday. The fit, function, quality, and design are superb. I actually think the AIWB Wing Claw 2.5 light bearing holster is more comfortable, and draws better than my regular AIWB 2.5. I compared the fit and function to another major vendor’s Kydex holster, and the JMCKs are superior in every way, but not more expensive. Note the rounded corners, and detailed fitting.

I tried a few one-shot draws from AIWB, and already think this is my new EDC. Happy to answer questions.

OWB 2

Quote Originally Posted by David S. View Post
    The kit can be done by yourself with a couple of punches. I understand that CGW does some additional polishing if they install it. Since I use Federal And Fenix ammo (light primers too, I think), I’m biased towards lighter Competition Only springs for everything.

I have about 500 *flawless* rounds through a P-09 with CGW kit and their 11.5# hammer spring.
    Nice. I’ve settled on the 13# hammer spring because it gives a 6.75lb DA and fires every primer I’ve tried, and will fire military rifle primers on the 1st or 2nd strike.

Quote Originally Posted by 45dotACP View Post
    I just rented a P07 at the local range...and after shooting it a bit, I've found it to be superior to the G19 for me. The unmodified gun, when being used with ammo it likes, is stupidly accurate. The stock trigger is certainly not as good as a LTT tuned up 92G...but it was stock. And despite that, it was an easy gun to control, and easy to shoot very accurately with the stock sights (which weren't great).

I think the DA first shot has some huge benefits, and many times I've found I get a better first shot from a TDA than I do from my 1911s even. If I draw from a holster ten times at the same speed (say 1.1 seconds), I'll have one or two fliers from my 1911. When I did the same with my 92G there wasn't a single flier in 17 rounds.

So uh....is the CGW kit something you can install DIY or is it a gunsmith thing?

The CGW kit is DIY capable for sure. The one thing you need to plan out correctly is the DA roller. CGW will help you get the size you need based on the size of the stock one in your gun.

New CZ P-07 = Mind Blown

Quote Originally Posted by claymore504 View Post
    The CGW kit is DIY capable for sure. The one thing you need to plan out correctly is the DA roller. CGW will help you get the size you need based on the size of the stock one in your gun.
    Right. I forgot to mention that. The 0.220” CGW roller was the right one on both of my guns.

I like the stainless guiderod and 15# flat wire recoil spring.

The tool steel sear pin is a good addition as well.

Heading to the range tonight - 3 guns to be rented!
    The P-07, P365 and a G-19 are on the docket. Really like the P-07 and G-19, but as I’m starting my pistol life over want to make sure I get a gun that fits my small hands a bit better.

Can’t wait- and thanks for all the input on this thread!
    This country needs an enema- Blues approved sig line

User Tag List