Page 1 of 15 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Beretta M9-22

Beretta M9 22LR

I picked this firearm up late last night and had a chance to shoot it this morning, so I'd call this a very initial impression.

First things first... this is NOT a Chiappa. The weight, grip, fit, finish, and overall feel is extremely close to a regular M9/92 series... except it eats .22lr food.

The box says Beretta, the grips have the Beretta trident, the take down is the same, the trigger feels the same, all the controls are the same, even the recoil spring and barrel come out the same. The only give away it's NOT actually made by Beretta is the dust cover marking "Made in Germany by Umarex." The firearm comes with only one magazine, but unlike the conversion kit it will take 15 rounds. No idea what extra magazines cost yet.

On to a bunch of pictures.

This morning's outing allowed me to put about 150 rounds down range, and I can that I'm extremely happy with this purchase. I've been hunting for a full sized .22lr to practice with, and being a lefty I have certain "needs" for the controls. I've been kicking myself since last Christmas as I was going to pick up the .22lr conversion kit from Beretta when the price was heavily discounted, but I chose not to at that time. Now i'm glad I procrastinated. When I found it it wasn't actually made by Beretta I was a little nervous, but after holding it last night at the dealer I could tell my concerns were unfounded.

If you're at all a Beretta 92 series fan and want something chambered in .22lr, you should give this a look. My cost was, as my dealer said, "5 shekels under 400, all included." I think it's worth every penny.

Comparative specs:
    Code:
    Model			M9 22LR		92G
    Action			Single/Double	Single/Double 
    Barrel length (in)	4.9"		4.9"
    Caliber			.22 LR		9x19
    Grip Width		1.3"		(not listed)
    Magazine		15		15
    Overall height (in)	5.5		5.4
    Overall length (in)	8.5		8.5
    Overall width (in)	1.52		1.5
    Sight radius (in)	6.1		6.1
    Weight unloaded (OZ)	26.08		33.3
    Last edited by hufnagel; 11-17-2015 at 08:43 PM. Reason: Reflect the actual designation of the firearm, now that it's on Beretta's site.
    Rules to live by: 1. Eat meat, 2. Shoot guns, 3. Fire, 4. Gasoline, 5. Make juniors
    TDA: Learn it. Live it. Love it.... Read these: People Management Triggers 1, 2, 3
    If anyone sees a broken image of mine, please PM me.

Sweet. I've been reading about these from very limited sources, none of which are firsthand customers. Wish it came with a threaded barrel from the factory. Is the barrel solid, in that it can be threaded? I'd buy the Beretta 22lr conversion if it came with a 4.9" barrel that could be threaded. Thanks for the write-up and pics. Looking forward to seeing how these perform as they get some rounds through them.

I can tell you that I see no indications that the barrel is anything but one solid mass. It's the same diameter as a regular 9mm barrel and has the same amount of protrusion from the front of the slide. I would say if it's possible to thread a stock 92 barrel to accept a silencer, then the chances are very good you could do the same to the M9 22LR.

I'll keep people apprised as I shoot it more... and I plan on shooting it ALOT more.
    Last edited by hufnagel; 11-17-2015 at 08:44 PM.
    Rules to live by: 1. Eat meat, 2. Shoot guns, 3. Fire, 4. Gasoline, 5. Make juniors
    TDA: Learn it. Live it. Love it.... Read these: People Management Triggers 1, 2, 3
    If anyone sees a broken image of mine, please PM me.

Quote Originally Posted by hufnagel View Post
    I can tell you that I see no indications that the barrel is anything but one solid mass. It's the same diameter as a regular 9mm barrel and has the same amount of protrusion from the front of the slide. I would say if it's possible to thread a stock 92 barrel to accept a silencer, then the chances are very good you could do the same to the M9 22LR.

I'll keep people apprised as I shoot it more... and I plan on shooting it ALOT more.
    It has been indicated that threaded barrels will be available for the M9-22 in the not too distant future.

Site Supporter
    Edit-wrong thread
    Last edited by TheNewbie; 11-17-2015 at 09:31 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by hufnagel View Post

The barrel is 4.9", like the standard M9, so it's long enough to thread, but I didn't know if it was solid or sleeved.

Quote Originally Posted by stimpee View Post
    It has been indicated that threaded barrels will be available for the M9-22 in the not too distant future.
    Good to know. Thanks

Neat, thanks for posting. I wasn't aware Beretta was making these.

Cool. I'll pick one up when a threaded variant comes out.

I didn't know they offered this. How long has this been around?

I just got one. The double action trigger pull is hard. I tried a "D" spring, but had some light hits. Very reliable with original hammer spring - fed all sorts of hollow points and round nose .22s.

User Tag List