Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: How Do Criminals Carry?

Banned

How Do Criminals Carry?

I don't know if I've ever seen this question asked on the internet before if it has been I apologize.

So when you arrest a criminal with a gun do they carry in their pocket? Do they shove it in their waistband? Do they hide it in their sock? Do any of them use a holster? What has been your experience.

D - all of the above.

In my area it’s typically stashed in a pocket, waistband with no holster, or off body in a backpack.

But I’ve also locked a guy carrying a sig AIWB in a kydex holster.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "I want to see someone running down the street with a sims-gun shrieking 'I am the first revelation' " - SouthNarc

About a 1/3 in a holster. The rest just stick in in their pants or some other method.
    Formerly known as xpd54.
    The opinions expressed in this post are my own and do not reflect the opinions or policies of my employer.
    www.gunsnobbery.wordpress.com

Last guy we got had a Taurus 40 and a MAC10 clone in a backpack.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Lon View Post
    About a 1/3 in a holster.
    Quote Originally Posted by SamuelBLong View Post
    But I’ve also locked a guy carrying a sig AIWB in a kydex holster.

I'm not sure how you would find out but did these guys have training?

I'm mean I can't imagine little Dindu deciding to carry AIWB in Kydex without somebody telling him about it.
    Last edited by Cypher; 06-13-2018 at 02:10 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Cypher View Post

I'm mean I can't imagine little Dindu deciding to carry AIWB in Kydex without somebody telling him about it.
    I'm not sure, but a WHOLE lot of guns I've found over the years have been appendix carry "Mexican" style.

Carrying a handgun at or in front of the hip - with or w/o a holster and inside and outside of the waistband - has been a common practice as long as there have been handguns. It's simply a matter of practicality - not necessarily critical thought.
    The path of least resistance will seldom get you where you need to be.

Quote Originally Posted by Cypher View Post

YouTube. They post stuff so I'm sure they look at videos just like everybody else.

I don't recall anyone wearing a holster. We would sometimes find them in a Uncle Mike's or similar in cars or apartments, which probably came with the gun when it was stolen.
    "Gunfighting is a thinking man's game. So we might want to bring thinking back into it."-MDFA

Beware of my temper, and the dog that I've found...

Site Supporter
    Cypher:

Who or what is a "little Dindu?"

How Do Criminals Carry?

We just arrested a "Felon in Possession" this morning to assist the ATF. Guy had the guns in hard plastic cases inside the SUV.

He had a Stoger Cougar 8040, but it was in a Canick hard case that still had the Canick accessories inside. He had a piece of shit AT polymer AR in a hard case in the back of the Suburban. It was literally in pieces. Looks like he may have tried to replace the handguard and did not know what to do, so he pulled the gas block off...

Most of the guys we arrest just have the gun suck in their waistband. I have seen holsters, but they are few and far between, and I assume they were stolen with the gun is the only reason the suspect had them.

Last edited by Gadfly; 06-13-2018 at 03:22 PM.
    “A gun is a tool, Marian; no better or no worse than any other tool: an axe, a shovel or anything. A gun is as good or as bad as the man using it. Remember that.” - Shane

User Tag List