Page 22 of 24 FirstFirst ... 122021222324 LastLast

Thread: Biden has a 'big lead' on Trump in Polls

Quote Originally Posted by RJ View Post
    Holy Shit.

Former Vice President Joe Biden remarked in an interview released Thursday that “unlike the African American community, with notable exceptions, the Latino community is an incredibly diverse community.”

He must be talking about Cuban and Mexican Latinos living in the same community.
    In the P-F basket of deplorables.

Quote Originally Posted by Zincwarrior View Post
    Yes LL and I disagree on politics but unlike other boards we can disagree without problems.

Mods here are still shit though.
    Well that is the difference between the right and the left today in general. We are eager to engage in debates while the left is the ones who want to ban and burn books, movies, declare every option that's different from them as hate speech. It is the left who became extremely rigid, judgemental, and close minded today. If you disagree with them, they are not interested in any debate, they want to shut it down and destroy your personally. Just look at all those riots in colleges for the last years when conservative speakers showed up or at firing journalists from NYT and ABC. Contemporary left are no longer liberals.
    This guy said that better than me:

https://taibbi.substack.com/p/the-le...tm_source=copy

"We laughed at the Republican busybody who couldn't joke, declared war on dirty paintings, and peered through your bedroom window. Now that person has switched sides, and nobody's laughing"

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by RJ View Post
    Holy Shit.

Former Vice President Joe Biden remarked in an interview released Thursday that “unlike the African American community, with notable exceptions, the Latino community is an incredibly diverse community.”
    Translation: We can count on the Black vote but some of those Latinos might actually vote for Trump.
    "No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms." - Thomas Jefferson, Virginia Constitution, Draft 1, 1776

Quote Originally Posted by cheby View Post
    Well that is the difference between the right and the left today in general. We are eager to engage in debates while the left is the ones who want to ban and burn books, movies, declare every option that's different from them as hate speech. It is the left who became extremely rigid, judgemental, and close minded today. If you disagree with them, they are not interested in any debate, they want to shut it down and destroy your personally. Just look at all those riots in colleges for the last years when conservative speakers showed up or at firing journalists from NYT and ABC. Contemporary left are no longer liberals.
    This guy said that better than me:

https://taibbi.substack.com/p/the-le...tm_source=copy

"We laughed at the Republican busybody who couldn't joke, declared war on dirty paintings, and peered through your bedroom window. Now that person has switched sides, and nobody's laughing"
    How quickly the pipe bomber guy is forgotten.

How quickly the pipe bomber guy is forgotten.
    The pipe bomber was sentenced to 20 years as he should. And how many pipe bombers are out there? Antifa, on the other hand, is beating people up and blowing shit up on a daily basis for years and non stop for the last two months without any consequences. Characters like Angela Davis and Bill Ayers are treated as heroes by the left.

Quote Originally Posted by cheby View Post
    The pipe bomber was sentenced to 20 years as he should. And how many pipe bombers are out there? Antifa, on the other hand, is beating people up and blowing shit up on a daily basis for years and non stop for the last two months without any consequences. Characters like Angela Davis and Bill Ayers are treated as heroes by the left.
    I am responding to the spurious argument that this is a one sided thing.

Is that video real or a deep fake?

Quote Originally Posted by RoyGBiv View Post
    Translation: We can count on the Black vote but some of those Latinos might actually vote for Trump.
    Inorite?

Yeah, I was so absolutely blown away I could not really react to this imbecilic statement at first.

I mean, either he isn't aware of what he said (possible, dementia?) or he really believes it. Either or both are possible, and scary as hell. Let's insert some other terms, and see how it appears, shall we?

...unlike Native Americans, with notable exceptions, the Italian Immigrant community is an incredibly diverse community...

...unlike men, with notable exceptions, women are an incredibly diverse community...

...unlike the Jews, with notable exceptions, Catholics are an incredibly diverse community.

Yeah...no. Not gonna lie, this is probably one of the stupidest things he's ever said, and I'm 61, so I've been watching him a long time.

Guy has the intellectual capacity of a turnip.

The argument that this is on both sides is disingenuous because the violence (Very infrequent, btw)on the right is condemned by basically everyone and prosecuted. Also people are not losing their jobs and careers because they are leftist. You can't say the same about the left. Not a single Democrat criticized antifa. Don Lemmon and others
    justified their violence. Not even close.
    Last edited by cheby; 08-06-2020 at 01:54 PM.

When it comes to talking about left-wing violence, you tend to pop up with this sort of equivocating. In a way, you're kind of like the guy who says "all lives matter" when the black lives matter thing pops up (with the understanding that the counter argument to "all lives matter" is -- according to the movement's proponents -- "yeah, and right now black folks are dealing with [racist murders, police killing blacks disproportionately with seeming impunity, etc. etc. etc.], and since that's an immediate concern maybe we ought to pay more attention there.").

McVeigh was nearly a generation ago, and the 80s bands like the Covenant, Sword, and Arm of the Lord are virtual unknowns today outside of those who've done some research into extremism in this country. Depending on how you want to count the bodies, I'm sure a case can be made that right wing extremists have killed a lot more people than left wing extremists (and I'm virtually certain that a well-reasoned counter argument to that can be made, and I highly doubt the left-vs-right score is settled science).

The guy who shot up the Congressional GOP baseball team wasn't a generation ago. That was three years ago. Neither was the guy who threw pipe bombs at the ICE facility. That was two years ago. But, at the top of the list, as with the BLM example, the immediate, probably-ought-to-be-the-top-of-the-triage-list problem is a group of leftist radicals who have been literally burning shit down for two and a half straight months with virtual impunity and tacit support from a mainstream political party and certain local governments populated by members of said party.

Guy lights up a GOP baseball team? I listen to NPR on the way to work and hear what is in effect victim blaming, asserting this ultimately falls at the feet of Trump and his culture of violence or whatever the hell it is he's up to. Meanwhile, an organized mob holds a city hostage for two months straight? The chair of the House Judiciary committee gets on TV and tells me it's a myth.

And yes, I'm well aware that Atomwaffen is a recent phenomenon and the guy who drove his car into the Charlottesville crowd isn't ancient history. Those recent phenomenons also regularly have the living shit prosecuted out of them, and you don't see Tucker Carlson or Mitch McConnell getting up on TV defending them.
    Last edited by ssb; 08-06-2020 at 06:35 PM.

User Tag List