Page 9 of 22 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast

Thread: Cancel Culture Goes Conservative: Black Rifle Coffee Company

Quote Originally Posted by RoyGBiv View Post
    The only downside is that if you want to store your coffee in whole bean form, you have to get a spendy grinder to make proper espresso grind. The cheapo "appliance" grinders don't do the job.
    I've got two years and hundreds of bean miles on one of these:
    https://amazon.com/gp/product/B013R3...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

$44 and well made.

Quote Originally Posted by Oldherkpilot View Post
    Any chance that coffee is a regifted Valentine gift?
    No, she buys it for several family members.

I go teach a few classes, and I come back to find that the sky has opened and is raining folgers man-tears all over.

Christ almighty, am I the only guy with a plethora of local roasters to buy my coffee from? Some of them are even vets, no shit.
    Buy local; keep your money close, in your own community. JMO.

Quote Originally Posted by Yung View Post
    Does any here do handmade mugs or personally know somebody who does? I will pay two hundred dollars if someone could do something similar to one of their black mugs but with a 92 and the LTT logo instead of an M4 and the BRCC logo.

I will take some pictures later when I can stop at home to show what I am talking about.
    I know an award-winning potter who does ceramic mugs and can customize. I can ask him. He’s even conservative, relatively speaking.

Quote Originally Posted by RoyGBiv View Post
    The only downside is that if you want to store your coffee in whole bean form, you have to get a spendy grinder to make proper espresso grind. The cheapo "appliance" grinders don't do the job.
    Copy. I was at the Mercado the other day and seemed to recall seeing some bricks of Bustelo. (I do live in Tampa, pretty sizable Cuban/Cigar demographic.)

I will look further into this. I’m a reformed coffee snob (whole bean Gevalia, grinder, etc.) but these days it’s a Kuerig and whatever Kirkland brand is cheap. I think this month it’s “Pacific Bold”. It’s not bad. I am not firing on all synapses at 6AM when the Mini-Schnauzer bark alarm goes off, so simple / hot / black / highly-caffeinated is best. Blasphemy, I know.

Modding this sack of shit BehindBlueI's's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by HCountyGuy View Post
    Hell. Yes.

Oh and up yours BBI, I like iced coffee and cold brew! A heathen I am, I know.
    Prometheus still loves and values you, despite your odd proclivities.
    Sorta around sometimes for some of your shitty mod needs.

Quote Originally Posted by RJ View Post
    All of a sudden now I want one of these.

There wasn't a home with an Italian that didn't have an espresso maker in the kitchen. They were all from Italy and nobody knew what brand they were.
    There's nothing civil about this war.

Quote Originally Posted by Totem Polar View Post
    I go teach a few classes, and I come back to find that the sky has opened and is raining folgers man-tears all over.

Christ almighty, am I the only guy with a plethora of local roasters to buy my coffee from? Some of them are even vets, no shit.
    Buy local; keep your money close, in your own community. JMO.
    We have local roasters. Or at least one that comes to mind. Meh. These folks only think they know what a good cup of coffee tastes like.
    There's nothing civil about this war.

Site Supporter

Today I learned...

that even though I claim to like coffee, I really don't because I'm just not that wound up about it.

My "daily carry" is Maxwell House Columbian.

I also like BRCC Blackbeard's Revenge. Partly because I was a Blackbeard fan as a kid and partly because I actually like the flavor. I don't care about the marketing (other than to find it amusing) because I'm not former military, nor do I harbor Mittyesque fantasies about being an operator (closer to a telephone operator than a special ops one).

I'll even drink Maxwell House through my grandparents' ancient stovetop percolator that is now part of my camp kitchen kit. There's something greater than the sum of its parts when you make a big pot of black coffee in an old percolator on an equally ancient Coleman camp stove. Give it a splash of Bailey's and settle down by the fire while you contemplate fixing breakfast and mock your fellow campers' snores the night before.

Chris

Quote Originally Posted by blues View Post
    We have local roasters. Or at least one that comes to mind. Meh. These folks only think they know what a good cup of coffee tastes like.
    I do have the advantage of #1, living in the PNW, and, #2, knowing a metric ton of coffee people as a byproduct of professional activity. I literally can’t afford to patronize all the amazing roasters that I’m on a first name basis with. It’s dozens of roasteries. I tend to bias towards the brands within walking distance, or the beans roasted by people that I’ve seen naked.

Quote Originally Posted by mtnbkr View Post
    that even though I claim to like coffee, I really don't because I'm just not that wound up about it.

My "daily carry" is Maxwell House Columbian.

I also like BRCC Blackbeard's Revenge. Partly because I was a Blackbeard fan as a kid and partly because I actually like the flavor. I don't care about the marketing (other than to find it amusing) because I'm not former military, nor do I harbor Mittyesque fantasies about being an operator (closer to a telephone operator than a special ops one).

I'll even drink Maxwell House through my grandparents' ancient stovetop percolator that is now part of my camp kitchen kit. There's something greater than the sum of its parts when you make a big pot of black coffee in an old percolator on an equally ancient Coleman camp stove. Give it a splash of Bailey's and settle down by the fire while you contemplate fixing breakfast and mock your fellow campers' snores the night before.

Chris
    There's coffee fanciers, and then there's the addicts. I'm an addict.
    "You win 100% of the fights you avoid. If you're not there when it happens, you don't lose." - William Aprill
    "I've owned a guitar for 31 years and that sure hasn't made me a musician, let alone an expert. It's made me a guy who owns a guitar."- BBI

User Tag List