Page 44 of 194 FirstFirst ... 3442434445465494144 ... LastLast

Thread: Minneapolis PD Suspect Dies On Video While Handcuffed. FBI Investigating.

Quote Originally Posted by Borderland View Post
    Personally, I don't think this is 100% about BLM.
    Neither do I.

I'll break it down to 25% BLM, 25% unemployment or under employment, 25% divisive politics and 25% MSM. It's like a perfect storm because all of these things are contributing to civil unrest. There was a lot of social change trying to work itself out in the 60's and 70's. I saw all of it and actually viewed the destruction in Watts (LA) about 2 months after the riots. I was a sophomore in HS.

I'm thinking this is going down in the same fashion as the 60's riots. Totally out of control with no leadership anywhere to be found.
    Your guess about the underlying causes/actors pretty matches mine. Until the local/regional governments give up with the 'limp dick' response we've seen so far, this'll get worse. One of the local TV channels here just published a piece on line that basically reads like a ''How to'' manual for anarchy complete with a list of ''rights'' these criminals can use to ''protect'' themselves. No wonder these thugs feel free to riot. They're being given a tacit ''go ahead'' with a ''wink & a nod'' by our idiot media.
    ''Politics is for the present, but an equation is for eternity.'' ―Albert Einstein

Full disclosure per the Pistol-Forum CoC: I am the author of Quantitative Ammunition Selection.

Aw jeez, not the hippies again.
    Some of us here are too young to have any 'love beads''.

Can I borrow some?
    ''Politics is for the present, but an equation is for eternity.'' ―Albert Einstein

Full disclosure per the Pistol-Forum CoC: I am the author of Quantitative Ammunition Selection.

Quote Originally Posted by the Schwartz View Post
    Some of us here are too young to have any 'love beads''.

Can I borrow some?
    I gave mine away to some hairy legged blond goddess on a beach somewhere. That was right before I burned my draft notice at some protest. I don't recall where either of those things happened but I'm pretty sure I was there.
    In the P-F basket of deplorables.

I gave mine away to some hairy legged blond goddess on a beach somewhere. That was right before I burned my draft notice at some protest. I don't recall where either of those things happened but I'm pretty sure I was there.
    I still remember my draft card number...don't ask me why.
    There's nothing civil about this war.

This is worth sharing Name:  D92EFA25-B6E5-4C94-B221-098A300A8A15.jpg
Views: 411
Size:  37.1 KBName:  5A1D7EB8-4BD9-491D-8296-4AF6522AC44F.jpg
Views: 440
Size:  34.4 KB
    "Shooting is 90% mental. The rest is in your head." -Nils

Waaaay OT, but you just reminded me of an old music biz joke.

Q: what has 6 hairy legs and sounds great?

A: The Dixie Chicks

Personally, I don't think this is 100% about BLM. I'll break it down to 25% BLM, 25% unemployment or under employment (Covid), 25% divisive politics and 25% MSM. It's like a perfect storm because all of these things are contributing to civil unrest. There was a lot of social change trying to work itself out in the 60's and 70's. I saw all of it and actually viewed the destruction in Watts (LA) about 2 months after the riots. I was a sophomore in HS.

I'm thinking this is going down in the same fashion as the 60's riots. Totally out of control with no leadership anywhere to be found.
    https://twitter.com/@twitter/status/1266529704703639557
    " La rose est sans pourquoi, elle fleurit parce qu’elle fleurit ; Elle n’a souci d’elle-même, ne demande pas si on la voit. » Angelus Silesius
    "There are problems in this universe for which there are no answers." Paul Muad'dib

Quote Originally Posted by blues View Post
    I still remember my draft card number...don't ask me why.
    I don't remember that # but I remember my service #. I didn't get drafted, moved to fast for them.

The majority of MN rioter arrests are from outside the state.

https://www.startribune.com/walz-we-...ors/570892512/

Shaken by another night of chaos that overwhelmed law enforcement, Gov. Tim Walz said Saturday he will fully mobilize the National Guard to combat what he called a “tightly controlled” group of outside agitators, some of them from out of state, who have turned city streets into scenes of looting and arson.

The struggle to control the mayhem could bring another 1,000 National Guard soldiers into the cities, supplementing a force of 700, already the largest civil policing authority in the state’s history. Law enforcement officials said it would be the first full mobilization of the Guard in Minnesota since World War II.

“Our cities of Minneapolis and St. Paul are under assault,” Walz said, suggesting that a growing number of rioters are coming from outside the city, and possibly outside the state, in what he called “an organized attempt to destabilize civil society.”

Walz said as many as 80% of the people causing destruction and fire in the cities could be from elsewhere.

Make of this what you will. I personally feel that Yogi Berra’s comment about looking applies.

Quote Originally Posted by Sidheshooter View Post
    Waaaay OT, but you just reminded me of an old music biz joke.

Q: what has 6 hairy legs and sounds great?

A: The Dixie Chicks
    I liked those and paid to see them.

User Tag List