Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Not to put too fine a point on it...CA...WTF?

Quote Originally Posted by Hambo View Post
    Why stop there? With no means to protect themselves they won't need cars to respond. Just have a few officers at the station to take reports. Better yet, get a webmaster and put the report forms online. Of course after the dystopia that follows no police, there won't be a functional government to report crimes to.
    Lord Humongous takes offense at the implication that his government isn't functional.
    "You win 100% of the fights you avoid. If you're not there when it happens, you don't lose." - William Aprill
    "I've owned a guitar for 31 years and that sure hasn't made me a musician, let alone an expert. It's made me a guy who owns a guitar."- BBI

Quote Originally Posted by Drang View Post
    Objection! Stipulates facts not in evidence, i.e., whether they have a functional government now.
    There's nothing civil about this war.

Quote Originally Posted by Drang View Post
    Objection! Stipulates facts not in evidence, i.e., whether they have a functional government now.
    Sustained. The jury will disregard the final part of Mr. Hambo's statement referring to "functional government".
    "Gunfighting is a thinking man's game. So we might want to bring thinking back into it."-MDFA

Beware of my temper, and the dog that I've found...

Quote Originally Posted by Hambo View Post
    Why stop there? With no means to protect themselves they won't need cars to respond. Just have a few officers at the station to take reports. Better yet, get a webmaster and put the report forms online. Of course after the dystopia that follows no police, there won't be a functional government to report crimes to.
    Doesn't really matter whether it's a functional government. With a bought and paid for media, disarmed citizens lacking meaningful education, befuddled my the substance dejour, heads down in their iPhone XXV or, should Google's founders get their way -the iImplant, the government will function spectacularly!

If you've never watched a movie called, "The President's Analyst" from 1967, you owe it to yourself. It's right up there with 1984, except with boobies and LSD.

Name:  download (2).jpeg
Views: 446
Size:  6.2 KB
    Last edited by FNFAN; 04-06-2018 at 02:31 AM.
    -All views expressed are those of the author and do not reflect those of the author's employer-

Folks, is this proposed California bill actually out yet? Can anyone post a link?

Quote Originally Posted by Mas View Post
    Folks, is this proposed California bill actually out yet? Can anyone post a link?
    No, it has an Assembly Bill number but no one has the text as of earlier today.

In addition to the switch from Objective Reasonableness Based On The Totality Of The Circumstances to Necessary, media reports claim they want commands that cover "POLICE, Drop the [fill in the blank]! Or you will be shot!" Merely saying Drop The Knife (as in Kisela) or Don't Move will no longer be acceptable.

Quote Originally Posted by Angus McFee View Post
    No, it has an Assembly Bill number but no one has the text as of earlier today.

In addition to the switch from Objective Reasonableness Based On The Totality Of The Circumstances to Necessary, media reports claim they want commands that cover "POLICE, Drop the [fill in the blank]! Or you will be shot!" Merely saying Drop The Knife (as in Kisela) or Don't Move will no longer be acceptable.
    Brilliant move. The lengthy discourse required should give the felon ample time to shoot, stab, kill, injure or otherwise maim the responding officer(s).
    There's nothing civil about this war.

Looking at the silver lining: at least CA LE will have a firearm to defend themselves. The CA legislature is on a mission to eliminate civilian gun ownership. If the legislature and courts put LE in an untenable position I have no problem with "identify crime in progress, seek cover, upon cessation of carnage investigate". Watching body-cam and dash-cam videos you realize how quickly seemingly seemingly routine interactions with the public can turn deadly. My small town (in CA) is building houses like crazy, gang activity is increasing and I guarantee that what passes for a budgeting process doesn't cover the law enforcement needs currently, or in an foreseeable future.

“It's sad but people flee California and then vote in the same values in their new home. Just like people fleeing Latin America”

This x1000. They come to Texas because they have driven their cost of living so high that no middle class person can afford it then start the same silly shit here. Austin has almost gone to the dogs because of it.
    Last edited by secondstoryguy; 04-07-2018 at 10:51 AM.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by secondstoryguy View Post
    “It's sad but people flee California and then vote in the same values in their new home. Just like people fleeing Latin America”

This x1000. They come to Texas because they have driven their cost of living so high that no middle class person can afford it then start the same silly shit here. Austin has almost gone to the dogs because of it.
    Same problem in Colorado, particularly Denver and surrounding areas.

User Tag List