Page 19 of 20 FirstFirst ... 917181920 LastLast

Thread: Holosun 407K vs 507K

Quote Originally Posted by newyork View Post
    I still have a blockage when it comes to a Chinese optic vs Trijicon but they don’t make a g48 sized optic yet.
    Isn’t the RMRcc a 48 sized optic?
    Formerly known as xpd54.
    The opinions expressed in this post are my own and do not reflect the opinions or policies of my employer.
    www.gunsnobbery.wordpress.com

Only time I’ve seen a shop list it for the 48, was Maple Lead and they had it pushed all the way back which gets rid of your rear sight.
    I haven’t seen it elsewhere but I may have just missed it.

Quote Originally Posted by newyork View Post
    Would that be the same with a non-mos 48 (that’s what I have)? I’d be milling my 48.
    I think it would depend on how deep your optic cut out is. The brownells cut is pretty deep compared to most. The only reason I THINK those sights would work with a 407k in an mos cutout is because the 407k has that built in rear sight cutout. Remember, I’m just throwing out a possible option. Someone is gonna have to do some measuring to see if it will work. When I was looking for the best sight combo for a lower 1/3 co-witness I mounted the optic and busted out the micrometer to measure what’s what before I ordered the sights.
    Formerly known as xpd54.
    The opinions expressed in this post are my own and do not reflect the opinions or policies of my employer.
    www.gunsnobbery.wordpress.com

Got this I go from Jager

“ For a lower 1/3rd co-witness you will need the irons listed below. If you include these with your slide we will install them at no extra cost.

Rear iron sight - .225" / .125" wide https://dawsonprecision.com/dawson-p...itness-sights/

Front iron sight - .220" / .115" wide https://dawsonprecision.com/dawson-p...front-sights/”

I didn’t want to wait for milling.

Name:  75312A1A-9418-4968-8077-D9BE74F37026.jpg
Views: 1517
Size:  28.9 KB

Name:  8A5CF53E-EF45-40E3-A4F7-D75EE72A8747.jpg
Views: 895
Size:  41.7 KB
    #RESIST

LL, assuming that’s the Brownells slide you filed the rear posts off of??

Would the CHPWS plate not work with the rear hump filed down instead? I have a plate and am thinking about ordering a slide, but would rather file on the plate vs the slide.

Quote Originally Posted by TAZ View Post
    LL, assuming that’s the Brownells slide you filed the rear posts off of??

Would the CHPWS plate not work with the rear hump filed down instead? I have a plate and am thinking about ordering a slide, but would rather file on the plate vs the slide.
    Yeah, it was this one.

I bought a CHPWS plate, it's not even close to fitting so I disregarded it. Everything looks fine with the 507K on and it shoots great, I checked for screws loosening after 24 mags shooting with @richiecotite, no issues. It shoots great, but it's very tight and needed a lot of shooting to break in.
    #RESIST

Quote Originally Posted by LittleLebowski View Post
    Yeah, it was this one.

I bought a CHPWS plate, it's not even close to fitting so I disregarded it. Everything looks fine with the 507K on and it shoots great, I checked for screws loosening after 24 mags shooting with @richiecotite, no issues. It shoots great, but it's very tight and needed a lot of shooting to break in.
    Did you contact C&H about their plate? I've been looking at their HK # 2 plate but not if they're dropping the ball like this!

CHPWS told me they can do an rmrcc on a 48 but the rear sight has to be pushed in front of the optic.

Quote Originally Posted by CMB View Post
    Did you contact C&H about their plate? I've been looking at their HK # 2 plate but not if they're dropping the ball like this!
    Can’t speak for C&H or LL, but the plate I was referring to was specifically designed for the 43X/48 MOS which has a different cut in the slide than the Brownell’s slide.

User Tag List