Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: Grail Gun: 686 CS-1

Quote Originally Posted by SLG View Post
    .... He and many of his co workers ditched the gun and went back to a 2.5" Ruger, which is a gun I have always coveted.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dagga Boy View Post
    ..... and the GP100 or 3" Service or speed sixes would have been a better route at the time.
    Quote Originally Posted by JonInWA View Post
    Ruger did have a limited production run of 3" Speed Sixes; that would be one of my grail revolvers.
    Quote Originally Posted by Poconnor View Post
    My LGS has a three inch stainless speed six. Let me know
    Minor data point. The snubby -Six series Rugers barrel length was nominally 2.75 inches. Just wanted to throw that out so someone doesn't think they've got a line on a rare item v. standard.
    "It's surprising how often you start wondering just how featureless a desert some people's inner landscapes must be."
    -Maple Syrup Actual

Quote Originally Posted by Chuck Whitlock View Post
    Minor data point. The snubby -Six series Rugers barrel length was nominally 2.75 inches. Just wanted to throw that out so someone doesn't think they've got a line on a rare item v. standard.
    Ruger made both. I worked for Ruger's west Coast LE distributor....we got in lots of 3" Speed Sixes, and Service Sixes. The US postal contract was for 3" Speed Sixes. In the last month's of the Six series guns there were a lot of left over Speed six postal contract barrels and service six frames so you even got 3" Service Sixes. Just to prove that it exists.....two of my favorite non existent guns. A Ruger 3" Service Six and a S&W Custom shop Non-Ladysmith 3" Model 65.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Just a Hairy Special Snowflake supply clerk with no field experience, shooting an Asymetric carbine as a Try Hard. Snarky and easily butt hurt. Favorite animal is the Cape Buffalo....likely indicative of a personality disorder.
    "If I had a grandpa, he would look like Delbert Belton".

Other side.....
    Just a Hairy Special Snowflake supply clerk with no field experience, shooting an Asymetric carbine as a Try Hard. Snarky and easily butt hurt. Favorite animal is the Cape Buffalo....likely indicative of a personality disorder.

Versus a 2 3/4 Speed six.....

US Postsl Speed Six. These were unmarked, and we sold a lot of over runs. They were hugely popular cop guns where I was at in San Diego in the mid 80's. This what brought on a bunch of angst when the CS-1's had initial problems, and the tons of inspectors we had in the San Diego area were seeing the Ruger's that were tanks.
    Last edited by Dagga Boy; 01-07-2017 at 02:01 PM.

Site Supporter
    Versus a 2 3/4 Speed six.....
    That's not just any speed six....

Quote Originally Posted by HCM View Post
    That's not just any speed six....
    Somebody is paying attention. That is not "a" Speed Six, it is "the" Speed Six.

Quote Originally Posted by Chuck Whitlock View Post
    I have no actual idea what length my friend's was. I remember the 2.75" length now, but I don't know enough about Ruger's to know any better, nor do I remember excatly what he had. I'm sure my 2.5" number is not accurate, just my recollection.

Other side.....
    That 3" 65 is one of my grail guns.
    Formerly known as xpd54.
    The opinions expressed in this post are my own and do not reflect the opinions or policies of my employer.
    www.gunsnobbery.wordpress.com

Site Supporter
    So your saying I should have bought that 3" speed six?

User Tag List