Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: US Air Force helicopter shot at in Virginia and forced to make emergency landing

Site Supporter
    I would worry that not all the 50 BMG and 338 semi rifles out there were sold to good people.

Quote Originally Posted by trailrunner View Post
    I've never shot at a helicopter, but it doesn't seem like it would be easy to hit one. Sure, it depends on range and speed, but it seems like the helicopter would have to be close and moving slow or hovering. I dunno - as I said, I've never tried to shoot one before (and I don't ever plan on trying, either).
    It's probably a lot like shooting skeet except you won't be able to score it.
    In the P-F basket of deplorables.

Quote Originally Posted by TGS View Post
    For some reason, that happening in Houston doesn't surprise me. Maybe it's because the first time I went to Houston I got bit by a human for the first time, and my second time in Houston we had to drive a cabinet-level official through a pile of dismembered bodies on the highway.

Shooting at helicopters isn't really a thing here, though.
    Aside from the dismembered bodies, that’s about the impression I left Houston with on our RV trip. I finally let my breath out on I-10 West of Katy, I think it was.

my second time in Houston we had to drive a cabinet-level official through a pile of dismembered bodies on the highway.
    Can you expound on this? Sounds like an interesting story.

Quote Originally Posted by LittleLebowski View Post
    Whatchu you trying to say?!
    Feeling guilty about that celebratory gunfire?
    "Gunfighting is a thinking man's game. So we might want to bring thinking back into it."-MDFA

Beware of my temper, and the dog that I've found...

For some reason, that happening in Houston doesn't surprise me. Maybe it's because the first time I went to Houston I got bit by a human for the first time, and my second time in Houston we had to drive a cabinet-level official through a pile of dismembered bodies on the highway.

Shooting at helicopters isn't really a thing here, though.
    Ahh, you never forget your first time. When people talk about how easy being a cop is, I tell them four of my friends have been bitten by transients. I then ask how much they would need to make to get bitten by one of our urban outdoorsmen.

Quote Originally Posted by CleverNickname View Post
    Can you expound on this? Sounds like an interesting story.
    There was a massive car wreck on Route 45, rollovers, multiple ejected passengers because everyone in Texas thinks seat-belts are an invention of the devil, decapitations, and other limbs strewn about.

Not that it doesn't happen elsewhere, the reaction among the team was more just, "Oh, of course this is happening right now, in Houston, with our protectee......."
    "Are you ready? Okay. Let's roll."- Last words of Todd Beamer

I retired from the USAF in 2007. I mean this with all sincerity when I ask, "BIG BLUE IS STILL FLYIN HUEYS??!!"

Yup,

They still fit in places other stuff don't......
    "So strong is this propensity of mankind, to fall into mutual animosities, that where no substantial occasion presents itself, the most frivolous and fanciful distinctions have been sufficient to kindle their unfriendly passions, and excite their most violent conflicts." - James Madison, Federalist No 10

User Tag List