Page 7 of 82 FirstFirst ... 567891757 ... LastLast

Thread: Glock-Something big is coming December 10

I'm so happy to see the 13-3 marked SPF, weaker every time i shopped the classifieds section. Still have a little $$$ in pocket if it survives BF/CM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sidheshooter View Post
    Wake me up if I need to sell something else to buy it.

#carbinefootprint

Quote Originally Posted by Clusterfrack View Post
    Glock already has too many models and calibers. I hope they do not go down the path of niche guns that lack parts compatibility. Instead, I hope Glock keeps doing what they do well: making a simple, reliable, durable, standardized handgun. Is there room for improvement beyond the Gen5? Yes, but not at the cost of parts compatibility.

IMO, a .22 Glock, some weird hybrid, or a thumb safety would be steps in the wrong direction. Glocks need to keep being Glocks. We already have too many other options.
    In general I agree. Glock doesn't need some weird hybrid 1911-thing. I'm still confused why Dan Wesson is doing it, to be honest. But it is interesting. But a thumb safety would be awesome. I recently reacquired a 1.0 M&P9 with a thumb safety and realized how much I would really like it...if it weren't a 1.0 M&P9...

Personally, I think Glock should start cleaning up their line. I think it should be:

9mm: 17, 19, 19x, 26, 43, 48
    .40: 22, 23, 27
    .45: 21, 30
    .380: 42

ALL Gen5 guns, ALL with MOS, ALL with night sights, dump the long-slides, dump the Gen3s, the Gen4s, etc. That would eliminate what about 50 or 60 SKUs? Glock would be the only MFG that had optics mounting and night sights standard across its range.

A new line of top end shovels, chambered in 9mm. And an upgraded WML to replace their current offering, it will allow you to tell the time.

Site Supporter
    Be still my beating heart.

desire- Glock carbine
    likely- more MOS guns in otherwise existing calibers and configurations
    unlikely- slim framed .45 ACP/(ed. to add-SINGLE STACK/Full sized)

9mm ammo is cheap such that I do not see the market for a Glock .22 relative to what I mentioned above
    Last edited by vcdgrips; 11-26-2019 at 05:34 PM.

The glock 46 comming to the American market is the only thing that glock could do to catch my interest.

Site Supporter
    At the risk of offending all you 9mm fan boys, I wish Glock would finish what they started with the 45 ACPs. They proved with the G41, the G30S, and the G36 that the heavy slide (intended for the 10mm originally) and barrel are not necessary for the low pressure 45 ACP cartridge. They need to bring out a slim slide and barrel on the G21, making it into the G21S. I'd buy the first one I find.

Yes, I know the 9mm does everything the 45 can do and probably better, but I carried a 45 ACP of one kind or another all through my LEO career and after retiring until today. I'm comfortable with the cartridge so leave me alone...and stay off my lawn! (smile)

Dave

PS: Someone's idea of a compact G30S instead of a sub-compact would be excellent news as well.

Quote Originally Posted by TGS View Post
    Having passing familiarity with 1911s, isn't this basically a Wilson EDC X9? Or STI Staccato?
    YES! For $600!
    “Remember, being healthy is basically just dying as slowly as possible,” Ricky Gervais

I’m going with...paddle mag releases as an option on every model.

Quote Originally Posted by Duelist View Post
    If it’s a .22LR, it’s probably going to cost me money.
    Same here. Since I have invested in both G3 and G4 Advantage Arms .22 LR conversion kits, it is about time for Glock to offer a factory solution.

My official guess; this is coming to the US:

https://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/...-new-glock-46/

User Tag List