Page 41 of 136 FirstFirst ... 3139404142435191 ... LastLast

Thread: The Shit Storm that is the NRA Today & How We Got Here

I'm more inclined to visit Jeff Knox's site:

https://firearmscoalition.org/

I read his dad's stuff religiously with each new issue of "Shotgun News." Even then, there were people out there who thought Neal had an ax to grind and was known to blow things out of proportion to fit an agenda. Maybe so.

Site Supporter
    I particularly liked this one:

https://firearmscoalition.org/what-n...ors-is-saying/

I remember when his father was the NRA President. The NRA was doing a lot of the right things at that time, but apparently was already straying from the path, and getting rid of those who tried to correct the course, such as Neil Knox.

To me it seems like the situation at the NRA is not unlike what I have seen on the local level. You have a whole bunch of people who do nothing but the bare minimum, i.e. pay their dues, so they can say they are a member and occasionally come out and vote when something goes wrong and they get a fire lit under their ass. Then there are a very small number who actually do the work of the organization. Sooner or later, you get some self serving asshole who sees an opportunity and gets himself either elected or appointed to an office and when no-one is paying attention robs the place blind. The really galling part is that the asshole almost always convinces him or her self the they are some how justified in stealing(narcissist?). I believe that the NRA is itself a decent organization but has been badly served by just such narcissists and thieves and on a very grand scale. The only silver lining will be if the scale makes it worth while to prosecute the lot of them.
    Last edited by NEPAKevin; 08-21-2019 at 04:51 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by NEPAKevin View Post
    To me it seems like the situation at the NRA is not unlike what I have seen on the local level. You have a whole bunch of people who do nothing but the bare minimum, i.e. pay their dues, so they can say they are a member and occasionally come out and vote when something goes wrong and they get a fire lit under their ass. Then there are a very small number who actually do the work of the organization. Sooner or later, you get some self serving asshole who sees an opportunity and gets himself either elected or appointed to an office and when no-one is paying attention robs the place blind. The really galling part is that the asshole almost always convinces him or her self the they are some how justified in stealing(narcissist?). I believe that the NRA is itself a decent organization but has been badly served by just such narcissists and thieves and on a very grand scale. The only silver lining will be if the scale makes it worth while to prosecute the lot of them.

NY state will just revoke the NRA's charter. They will have enough on their plate defending that single action in court. The NRA isn't new to lawsuits. They have enough money to hire the very best attorneys in the country and they will. It serves no purpose to prosecute WLP or anyone else in the NRA. If the org dies as a PAC the dems will have won a major victory over gun owners and the path will be cleared for some major federal gun legislation in the near future.

The show is about to start. I would bet that Ollie knows a thing or two about the NRA's finances.
    https://www.nydailynews.com/new-york...tb4-story.html
    In the P-F basket of deplorables.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Borderland View Post
    NY state will just revoke the NRA's charter. They will have enough on their plate defending that single action in court. The NRA isn't new to lawsuits. They have enough money to hire the very best attorneys in the country and they will. It serves no purpose to prosecute WLP or anyone else in the NRA. If the org dies as a PAC the dems will have won a major victory over gun owners and the path will be cleared for some major federal gun legislation in the near future.

The show is about to start. I would bet that Ollie knows a thing or two about the NRA's finances.
    At $100,000/day they certainly have the most expensive lawyers.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Any legal information I may post is general information, and is not legal advice. Such information may or may not apply to your specific situation. I am not your attorney unless an attorney-client relationship is separately and privately established.

Quote Originally Posted by Borderland View Post

That’s an interesting hypothetical assertion of attorney client privilege.

Site Supporter
    "No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms." - Thomas Jefferson, Virginia Constitution, Draft 1, 1776

Site Supporter
    The statement that the law firms had a duty to the organization and not to any one individual is absolutely correct. The question in situations like this is who at the organization should the firm look to for instructions on representing the organization’s interest. If one such individual is acting unethically or providing unethical instructions, then the lawyer’s duty becomes going up the chain of command until a higher up can be found who will do the right thing. If such cannot be found, then withdrawing from representation may become necessary. It looks like that is what they did.

Who in their right minds would hire a Democrat as a lawyer for an organization with goals that align with conservative principles?

Although the article mentioned hourly billing rates, it did not mention total monthly bill amounts.

If WLP is the one who started investigating AckMac’s billing practices, then why has every other attempt to investigate from within been squashed?

Why would North need to stifle anything when he had been totally open and honest about his employment with AckMac?

If WLP is really the one trying to get the finances back on track, then why do we see potentially conflicting statements from the NRA either claiming that everything is an outright lie, or conceding some element of truth and trying to spin the truth? The truth should be easy to keep straight.

What is the financial interest of the multimillion dollar donors who are now suing for fraudulent fundraising?

Could the selective reporting in The NY Times article be intended to further weaken the NRA by keeping the foxes in charge of the henhouse?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Any legal information I may post is general information, and is not legal advice. Such information may or may not apply to your specific situation. I am not your attorney unless an attorney-client relationship is separately and privately established.

Ok, but didn’t WLP almost get canned in 1997 when he was supposed to break ties with Ackerman, and instead hired a phony subsidiary of Ackerman and then got caught? I was alive and reading gun magazines when that happened. Charlton Heston got elected NRA president and Jeff Cooper said a lot of snarky stuff about “Holy Moses.”
    This isn’t just “some vendor”, it’s the ad agency that started the whole idea that you and me and Wayne are pals.

Site Supporter
    ^^^ I honestly don't know what to think. What's public sure does wreak.
    Cotton seems to me to be a serious, stand up guy, who would put 2A ahead of personal relationships, but it's not like we're buddies, so, what do I know?

I figured his comments are worth passing along.

Staying tuned.
    "No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms." - Thomas Jefferson, Virginia Constitution, Draft 1, 1776

User Tag List