Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Anyone have IWB carry experience with both 92 Compact and PX4 Compact Carry?

Ernest Langdon has some comments on the two pistols in the first post of his PX4 Compact thread

https://pistol-forum.com/showthread....DA-SA-Glock-19

I think Mr. Langdon's point about there only being 13 round magazines for the 92 Compact is what prompted me to buy the PX4 Compact Carry a while back. However, thanks to his efforts, there is now a quality 15 round 92 compact magazine available. This is probably the most important recent change that is making me look at my 92FS Compact again over the PX4 Compact Carry. I don't carry a spare mag usually, so this is a bigger deal for me than even front dovetails or G configuration.

My PX4CC weighs 27.2 oz and my 92FS Compact weighs 32 oz. I don't really notice the weight difference. Dimensionally, they aren't that different in the parts that really matter to me for concealment. The barrel and slide are longer on the 92 Compact, but I carry AIWB and am slightly over 6', so the length doesn't bother me (actually feels more secure and prints less when paired with a sponge). It might make more a difference for people who carry strongside IWB. All that said, I think it's probably not much more difficult to concealed carry a full size 92 if you can easily conceal a 92 Compact or PX4 Compact. The extra 1/4" to 1/2" of grip doesn't really print that much more. Most people don't even notice a pistol that is being openly carried unless it's in a rig that draws a lot of attention (shoulder or drop leg) or it's truly huge/shiny.

I guess I didn't explain my point correctly before. If I did it over again I would have went with a px4 carry full size vs the px4 compact or just get a 92 compact. I sometimes carry my m9a3 and it is doable but the barrel length can definitely be a factor doing different things through out the day. Weight wise carrying the two is noticeable but not that noticeable. Somehow the m9a3 feels thinner than the px4 even though I know it isn't.

Everyone likes to compare pistols to glocks, so my point is overall a px4 compact to me is more akin to a glock 26 not a glock 19, even though the overall size is about the same as a glock 19. The full size is only slightly larger than a compact and it is more comparable to a glock 19 in my opinion.

You also have 15 round mags for a 92 compact and according to the manufacturers description, they claim the 92x compact is now 27 some ounces, which is on par with a px4 storm.

The Mec-Gar 15 round mags are indeed a game changer for the 92 Compact. I’m sure a lot of folks refrained from purchasing previously because of the 13 round mags. We are all built a little different and can only give you an idea of what works best for us. The only way to get a true answer for yourself is to shoot and get some toting around experience with both. That sounds like a valid and logical reason to add 2 fine Berettas to the stable. Your welcome.

Quote Originally Posted by 10mmfanboy View Post
    You also have 15 round mags for a 92 compact and according to the manufacturers description, they claim the 92x compact is now 27 some ounces, which is on par with a px4 storm.
    I'm going to guess that the 27.2 oz weight is probably without an empty magazine as opposed to other unloaded weights that are with an empty magazine. I can't imagine they shaved more than 4 oz off the regular 92FS Compact when the main changes to the 92X frame are rounded trigger guard, checkering, and straight Vertec backstrap. My 92FS Compact with an empty magazine is 32 oz after changing to a metal trigger and some other minor modifications like a large magazine release and Wilson Les Pep rear sight. I'd expect it be closer to 30 oz if measured with the empty magazine inserted. Not that this would make a huge difference in the grand scheme of things.

Quote Originally Posted by FreedomFries View Post
    I'm going to guess that the 27.2 oz weight is probably without an empty magazine as opposed to other unloaded weights that are with an empty magazine. I can't imagine they shaved more than 4 oz off the regular 92FS Compact when the main changes to the 92X frame are rounded trigger guard, checkering, and straight Vertec backstrap. My 92FS Compact with an empty magazine is 32 oz after changing to a metal trigger and some other minor modifications like a large magazine release and Wilson Les Pep rear sight. I'd expect it be closer to 30 oz if measured with the empty magazine inserted. Not that this would make a huge difference in the grand scheme of things.
    You read my mind, that is exactly what I was wondering too. I don't know how they would have shaved that much weight off a 92 compact, but it would be awesome if they did! You are probably right though about no magazine inserted when weighed.

Ameriglo sent me the wrong sight to replace my px4cc front sight. I asked them where should I mail it back to? With my broken sight or ship them separately? They told me they don't even want it back and to just keep it, both sights, the burned out front sight and the new front sight for a fullsize px4. Now I feel obligated to buy a fullsize px4 since I have the front sight already lol. Can't beat ameriglo customer service though, top notch company right there.

Site Supporter
    I carry an M9 daily. I have the compact, too, and have carried it some. It's just enough smaller that it can be a tad more concealable, but it's marginal. I did pick up a PX4 compact a few weeks ago, and I'll snag an AIWB holster for it at some point soon. I'll try carrying it, but I don't forsee it being a big game changer, however the thing shoots really, really well for it's size.

However it gets sliced, for the motivated person, all of the above can be successfully carried.

I have a 92FS compact and a PX4 compact and nearly always find myself carrying the 92.

I shoot the 92 better and honestly they seem to carry about the same.

User Tag List