Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Vehicular Combatives/ttp's/techniques/methodology?

Vehicular Combatives/ttp's/techniques/methodology?

Heya guys,

Im polling the hive mind.

Im curious to do some training on my own regarding vehicular assault tactics. Our agency is still using the ol "get a ballistic shield and become one giant snail" approach. Its slow, its not dynamic and it never works in reality as we never practice this and it seems impossible to actually get everyone in sync.

Im looking for some training courses centered around vehicular assault/ambush techniques. Suggestions are welcome.

There are a number of instructors who do LE Only vehicle classes. Will Petty comes immediately to mind, but there are a number of others.

Quote Originally Posted by 43Under View Post
    There are a number of instructors who do LE Only vehicle classes. Will Petty comes immediately to mind, but there are a number of others.
    List em for me!!!

Ive heard of Will Petty, he runs centrifuge...something or other? Or am I thinking of someone else?

Quote Originally Posted by Magsz View Post
    List em for me!!!

Ive heard of Will Petty, he runs centrifuge...something or other? Or am I thinking of someone else?
    Yes, Petty is with Centrifuge.

You can look into Ronin Tactics, Mike Pannone (CTT Solutions), Aaron Barruga (Guerilla Approach), Redback One (Jason Falla), Haley Strategic (Travis Haley). I'm sure there are plenty of others.

Also, I just did a Google search of "Police Vehicle Tactics Class" and found a bunch of NTOA options, etc.

Oh, also see if BSA in WV does the type you're looking for.

Quote Originally Posted by Magsz View Post
    List em for me!!!

Cowan runs vehicle based classes as well. If it matters as far as getting department support or buy in, Petty’s VCQB material has been adopted by some larger organizations.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by 43Under View Post
    Yes, Petty is with Centrifuge. You can look into Ronin Tactics, Mike Pannone (CTT Solutions), Aaron Barruga (Guerilla Approach), Redback One (Jason Falla), Haley Strategic (Travis Haley). I'm sure there are plenty of others. Also, I just did a Google search of "Police Vehicle Tactics Class" and found a bunch of NTOA options, etc. Oh, also see if BSA in WV does the type you're looking for.
    Who has the best open enrollment/non-restricted course on this topic?
    الدهون القاع الفتيات لك جعل العالم هزاز جولة الذهاب

Damnit.

Both of Will Petty's classes down here in Florida are full.

Aaron Barruga has nothing posted. CTT has nothing posted. Haley's website blows and wont show me a course schedule.

Striking out here hard. :P

Do any of these courses offer tactics on getting the vehicles stopped and what happens immediately after?

Personally, one of the best classes I've taken was a rolling surveillance course that also encompassed stopping techniques and vehicle combatives. If you look at the 86 Miami shootout it encompassed all three of these.

If you're looking for training on this, vehicle combatives is only a part of the larger picture. Especially when dealing with motivated offenders. All of my vehicle based training never trained me for how to effectively stop a vehicle and have it stopped to my advantage (mainly through ramming and pinning it with 3 vehs). It was mainly lets hope they stop and then it goes into the typical felony stop mode and that wasn't working. They either bailed out on foot or it turned into a vehicle pursuit and you're back to square one.

I guess all of this is dependent on what you want this training for. I'm coming at this solely from dealing with robbery crews, so I might be off base.
    Last edited by andre3k; 07-30-2019 at 09:25 AM.

If you mean an open enrollment class on vehicle assaults I seriously doubt you're going to find a reputable one. All those classes are generally closed enrollment. Topics I'm specifically speaking of are forcible stops on moving vehicles, H/R, U/C rescue, jump-outs, etc.

Centrifuge has specific contextualization and distinction between High Risk Vehicles Stops and the more general VCQB class they do.

Bill Blowers has a class that has vehicle takedowns as part of the curriculum, in his High Risk Warrant class, you may want to reach out and see if he's game for a full on vehicle class.

In the mean time, I suggest Tiara Tactical: https://www.instagram.com/tiara_tactical/p/BuNTEvtnlm8/

User Tag List