Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: NH police recruit accused in plot to shoot fellow recruits at graduation

Site Supporter

NH police recruit accused in plot to shoot fellow recruits at graduation

WTF ?

https://www.concordmonitor.com/Polic...reats-22153589

A Laconia police recruit who told his colleagues they should create a “suicide pact” and shoot up their academy graduation was ordered to undergo a mental health evaluation Thursday.

Noah Beaulieu, 24, of Concord was arrested Wednesday night and charged with two misdemeanor counts of criminal threatening after several recruits at the New Hampshire Police Standard and Training Facility in Concord reported his comments.
    Beaulieu made several comments to recruits in recent weeks that “put other recruits in fear for both their safety as police officers and those of their families,” State police Trooper Tamara Hester wrote in an affidavit.

Those comments allegedly included statements like “they were going to make a movie about him when he became a serial killer,” Hester wrote.

Hester wrote that multiple recruits were present in a room Tuesday when Beaulieu said he would bring machine guns to their upcoming graduation, which is Friday, to “see if that kills everyone.” When recruits told him to stop because their families would be present, Beaulieu said they would be safe because his plan would only target law enforcement, Hester said.
    Multiple recruits, including an Officer Kayla Denison from the Concord Police Department, told Hester that Beaulieu had brought up the idea of a suicide pact prior to Wednesday.

Beaulieu’s plan hinged on police officers reacting to a single shot fired at the graduation that would cause all other officers to pull their guns and that “all the crossfire from responding officers would be what killed everyone,” Hester wrote.

Denison said she told Beaulieu she would be reporting his comments.

Another recruit reported that Beaulieu said he had a list of graduates who could be potentially harmed during graduation. This recruit told Denison she was on the list, Hester wrote.
    Sisti said Beaulieu served three years in the Army as an infantryman with the 101st Airborne Division.

Laconia police Chief Matthew Canfield said Beaulieu was driving up to Laconia to meet with him when he was arrested.

He was fired Wednesday after he was arrested.

Canfield said Beaulieu underwent a rigorous interview process that included a background check and a six-hour psychological written exam, as well as a two-hour interview with a psychologist. He was hired in May.
    Last edited by HCM; 12-15-2018 at 03:08 PM.

Time to find a new psychologist for your testing process. At the minimum, a serious review on the hiring process needs to be accomplished because someone that crazy shouldn't have gotten through the process.

https://youtu.be/9pA1h1FjBZg

Sent from my VS995 using Tapatalk

A couple of years ago I was on the range with the academy class and I got a phone call from the academy commander. Turns out we had a vet in the class that had been on the phone the night before with a suicide hotline and told them he was going to off himself on the range. So I quickly had everyone unload and show clear then kept them busy til the commander got there. He pulled the cadet out and he was gone. Never returned.
    Formerly known as xpd54.
    The opinions expressed in this post are my own and do not reflect the opinions or policies of my employer.
    www.gunsnobbery.wordpress.com

Quote Originally Posted by AZgunguy View Post
    Time to find a new psychologist for your testing process. At the minimum, a serious review on the hiring process needs to be accomplished because someone that crazy shouldn't have gotten through the process.
    If he's organized and didn't talk about any of this shit I can see him passing a psych test. Really, you'd have had to been raving batshit crazy to not be able to game out the one I took.
    "Gunfighting is a thinking man's game. So we might want to bring thinking back into it."-MDFA

Site Supporter
    This is , sadly nothing new. One of my academy clas made comments about shooting us at the range this was in 1998 time frame...in leu of kicking his ass right there we opted to report him to the cadre

I teach firearms at our metro academy/skills program and dont kid yourself we watch our students closely for this very reason

Site Supporter
    If you lacked the desire to sleep with your family members or consume feces, then you would pass the psychological test I took to get into the academy.

Site Supporter
    I was once called by an SAPD detective to give my opinion of a neighbor who applied. Is that a typical procedure?

Quote Originally Posted by Glenn E. Meyer View Post
    I was once called by an SAPD detective to give my opinion of a neighbor who applied. Is that a typical procedure?
    Depends on the agency and their background investigation process.

Quote Originally Posted by Glenn E. Meyer View Post
    IMO that is the sign of a good background. You have to dig deep to find the truth about an applicant. If you are lazy and just stick to talking to the applicant's own references then you will get a skewed view.

User Tag List