Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: .41 Special Commercial Loadings

Quote Originally Posted by willie View Post
    honestly see no disadvantage to using the regular magnum length brass..
    Willie,

Powder position in the case influences burn rate. The larger the case, the more variability; so filling the case is at least theoretically better, so smaller cases for smaller charges are better. If the void is big enough the powder can detonate.
    Ignore Alien Orders

Quote Originally Posted by Stephanie B View Post
    A .41 Special GP.100 or a L-frame would be awesome AF. But that'll probably happen about the time the Sun burns out.
    With the 10mm GP100 out, I see no reason that this couldn't be done. Physically, anyway.
    "It's surprising how often you start wondering just how featureless a desert some people's inner landscapes must be."
    -Maple Syrup Actual

Revolvers Revolvers 1911s Stephanie B's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Chuck Whitlock View Post
    With the 10mm GP100 out, I see no reason that this couldn't be done. Physically, anyway.
    I don't know if a .41 Special cartridge could fit into a .41 Colt revolver, but if it could, then I'll bet we never see it as a mainstream factory load.
    Last edited by Stephanie B; 07-14-2019 at 03:57 PM.
    If we have to march off into the next world, let us walk there on the bodies of our enemies.

Quote Originally Posted by Chuck Whitlock View Post
    I keep telling myself I'm not doing this as I peruse Gun Broker looking at 586 donor revolver's.
    "And for a regular dude I’m maybe okay...but what I learned is if there’s a door, I’m going out it not in it"-Duke
    "Just because a girl sleeps with her brother doesn't mean she's easy..."-Blues

Site Supporter
    Everybody loves a fine revolver. The .41 Spl will still have heft and bulk making it a big handgun for concealed carry.

What we need is some gunnie movie guy to do a good movie with the protagonist toting a .41 Special.
    If we have to march off into the next world, let us walk there on the bodies of our enemies.

Quote Originally Posted by willie View Post
    Everybody loves a fine revolver. The .41 Spl will still have heft and bulk making it a big handgun for concealed carry.
    People conceal carry 696s, so I don't see the problem.

Quote Originally Posted by Stephanie B View Post
    What we need is some gunnie movie guy to do a good movie with the protagonist toting a .41 Special.
    Is Milius still around?
    Recovering Gun Store Commando. My Blog: The Clue Meter
    “It doesn’t matter what the problem is, the solution is always for us to give the government more money and power, while we eat less meat.”
    Glenn Reynolds

Site Supporter
    Hmmm. The 696 may make a good substitute for a .41Spl.

.41 Special Commercial Loadings

Quote Originally Posted by Drang View Post
    Is Milius still around?
    No kidding. The guys making Model 29s should have sent him either a box of Cuban cigars or a case of his favorite whiskey. Every fricking year.
    Last edited by Stephanie B; 07-14-2019 at 09:22 PM.

User Tag List