Page 116 of 175 FirstFirst ... 1666106114115116117118126166 ... LastLast
Results 1,151 to 1,160 of 1741

Thread: Long Guns Photo Gallery

Something different.

This is a photo noted Alaskan Guide Phil Shoemaker posted from his recent Cape Buffalo Hunt. His “old ugly” Whitworth 458 Winchester Magnum and the AK his Game Scout carried. Two honestly worn rifles that had put in work over the years.

http://instagram.com/p/ByAWUpMgB0F/
    Quote Originally Posted by caleb View Post
    Oh man, that's right. I forgot that some people feel like they need light SA triggers in DA guns instead of just learning to shoot the gun better. You can get a Redhawk DA trigger pull down to 10 lbs, and if you can't manage that you suck and should probably just practice more.
    *RS Regulate Affiliate*

THE THIRST MUTILATOR Nephrology's Avatar
    Well... this is happening

Quote Originally Posted by Nephrology View Post
    Well... this is happening

It happened.

Going to swap out the aero mount for Leupold Mk2 IMS to lower the scope a bit. Sling in the mail, but i will mostly be shooting this from a fixed position.

Quote Originally Posted by caleb View Post
    Oh man, that's right. I forgot that some people feel like they need light SA triggers in DA guns instead of just learning to shoot the gun better. You can get a Redhawk DA trigger pull down to 10 lbs, and if you can't manage that you suck and should probably just practice more.
    *RS Regulate Affiliate*

Finally took this outdoors and got it zeroed (more or less, will need to confirm with cold bore next time).

I did manage to do this at 200y even with a relatively warm barrel. Squares are 1x1".

Definitely a better shooter than I am. All i need now are more mags, ammo, and another AR15....

Quote Originally Posted by Nephrology View Post
    Finally took this outdoors and got it zeroed.....

I did manage to do this at 200y even with a relatively warm barrel. Squares are 1x1".

Definitely a better shooter than I am. All i need now are more mags, ammo, and another AR15....
    I'd say that's a solid group, good on you and the gun. My guess is that cold bore will open up that group another .5"

What are the barrel specs?
    -Seconds Count. Misses Don't-

Quote Originally Posted by SecondsCount View Post
    I'd say that's a solid group, good on you and the gun. My guess is that cold bore will open up that group another .5"

What are the barrel specs?
    Thanks! I am a total novice to rifles so I am trying to do as much dry fire as I can.

Barrel is a 20" National Match barrel by RRA. Snagged the complete upper on sale at $475.

Rock River, while not always a great milspec product, has made some really accurate ar-15s.

My varmint upper, that was built by one of the Rock River owners before he started RR, is an excellent shooter. It was built in the late 90s, before aftermarket gas blocks were a thing.
    Name:  20190703_160937.jpg
Views: 779
Size:  20.5 KB

I've decimated a few prairie dog towns with it using 60 grain Sierra Varmint HPs. Next I want to try the 53 Vmax as it has a higher BC.
    -Seconds Count. Misses Don't-

User Tag List