Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Competing using different carry position than ccw.

Quote Originally Posted by YVK View Post
    If I had a steady source of gaming .40 ammo, I'd be shooting Lim major out of appendix with a P30/L.
    I am calling BS -- how many rounds of .40 have you shot in the last year or two or five? Besides no glory in being second, I think a PF member already beat you to the LEM Limited appendix thing and said it wasn't very hard. You are just fantasizing about HK pistols because all yours are gone being improved, and your Tangfoglio is running, well, like a Tangfoglio.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

I see your BS call and raise it 2 RMRs. I shot half thou of .357 that you and everyone else says is easier to shoot than .40, out of P2000 that you and Jody say is easier to shoot than P30. That P2000 has a distinction of being a pistol I got rid of in shortest period of time since its purchase, and I would trade you the remainder of my .357 ammo for a DeltaPoint Pro that has actual 190 hours battery life.

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    your Tangfoglio is running, well, like a Tangfoglio.
    .... Wait... Whut?

Tanfo? When did YVK go full retard and get a Tanfo?

Double full retard. About a month ago. Haven't even shot a match with it yet. Combination of wanting to try a purpose-built gun + some ergo issues with Berettas that I can't figure out. Until this past Sunday I didn't regret trying, since Sunday I am glad I'd not gotten around to sell the Berettas.

Quote Originally Posted by YVK View Post
    Combination of wanting to try a purpose-built gun
    Purpose-built is how you describe a gun you send away, wait and spend money, and then it requires special primers and maintenance to run.

Quote Originally Posted by Les Pepperoni View Post
    .... Wait... Whut?

Tanfo? When did YVK go full retard and get a Tanfo?

About a week before GJM bought his. Surprised face --->

Quote Originally Posted by taadski View Post
    About a week before GJM bought his. Surprised face --->

Nope, I bought one after YVK, and am leaving it unmolested in the safe, since YVK needs one or more spares.

So what do you think of stock 2 vs shadow? After I tried a few stock 2s, I am not impressed with their triggers at all. They do look shiny though and the box is awesome

it seems to me there are two issues facing an AIWB guy that wants to compete from his carry holster: (1) the carry position puts you in Limited and (2) shooting Limited Minor is moar harder.

My question is, would a .40 Glock be capable of making Major? So, then, could someone just buy the .40 version of their carry gun and shoot that in matches, set up otherwise identically to their carry gun? Whn I cared about such things, I always had one carry gun and one competing gun anyway, both Glock 19s, so it wouldn't have been a big deal for me to get my competition gun in a different caliber. Hell, I would think one could even carry a Glock 19 and compete with a Glock 35, using the same sights, trigger, controls, and holster for both guns, and not have too many "competition scars", or at least none I would think matter.

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    Nope, I bought one after YVK, and am leaving it unmolested in the safe, since YVK needs one or more spares.
    Ummmm....that's what I said.

User Tag List