Page 24 of 25 FirstFirst ... 1422232425 LastLast

Thread: Why I Switched to Double Action Semi-Autos --- Lucky Gunner

I hope this is big enough to read. I saw it this morning on a LEO page. An officer explaining how he started his trigger roll, then let off before he shot the suspect.

Seems relevant to the thread, and backs up Nyeti's "people management" concept.

“A gun is a tool, Marian; no better or no worse than any other tool: an axe, a shovel or anything. A gun is as good or as bad as the man using it. Remember that.” - Shane

Quote Originally Posted by Jackdog View Post
    That's TDSA in Ferris. Just south of Dallas off I45.
    Road trip!

Or maybe boat trip?

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by texag View Post
    Correct. Closest range to Dallas that doesnt have stupid rules, prices, or a combination of both.
    Cool , thanks.

Tacpro is a pretty cool range too. It's my understanding the owner was British SBS.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Gadfly View Post
    I hope this is big enough to read. I saw it this morning on a LEO page. An officer explaining how he started his trigger roll, then let off before he shot the suspect.

Seems relevant to the thread, and backs up Nyeti's "people management" concept.

Certainly backs up his concept. I am curious to what type of duty weapon the officer was using .

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by SeriousStudent View Post
    Road trip!

Or maybe boat trip?
    Lol! I'm up for it. TDSA is really a good place to shoot rifles and shotguns. When they are dry.

I do have a new SBS.....

And a bunch of SBR stamps in the works. Plus the first batch of cans should be approved any day now.

you guys are a bad influence. I used my wife as an excuse to get a beretta 92a1 that someone so graciously put wilson goodness on the beast.

Quote Originally Posted by Chuck Haggard View Post
    As of now all of my serious pistols are S&W J frames and Glock 9mms. If there was a DAO or DA/SA handgun that was as sweat resistant as the Glock, or remotely as easy to service, I'd be all over it as a carry piece. A G17 with a NY1 trigger is my current duty gun, add a Gadget and a Keepers' holster and it's most likely going to be my main CCW gun for the rest of my life.
    Registered to reply here. There are DA/SA that are just as sweat resistant -- SigPro SP2022 and FN's FNX both have stainless slides with wear and sweat resistant coatings -- so even if surface finish wears off, you aren't going to have massive corrosion. Sigpros have a much better grip for sweaty hands though, much like the E2 grip texture on the classics. But FN would be more comfortable than Sigs sandpaper against the skin.
    And you have the CZ P07 and P09 that have nitrided slides and barrels, which is essentially the same coating as the glock slides.

I don't personally own an FN, but both the SigPros and the CZ Ps are exceptionally easy to takedown, clean, and replace parts. Only weird part I suppose is the sigpros have their own sight pushing tool -- standard sig tool isn't supposed to be used.
    Last edited by RSR; 06-08-2016 at 10:37 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Chuck Haggard View Post
    The thoughts stated in the LG bit are very similar to those verbalized or written about by Mas Ayoob and Claude Werner.

Defensive handguns are less shooting tools that they are threat management tools. Nyeti and I have talked on this forum several times about the numbers of bad guys we've had at the end of a muzzle, a DA trigger makes that a little less hinky in my mind. When I switched from a revolver to a S&W 5906 I really didn't think much about the trigger system, was easy to manage the transition. When I switched from the 5906 to Glocks I really thought about what I was doing and how I was doing it.

As of now all of my serious pistols are S&W J frames and Glock 9mms. If there was a DAO or DA/SA handgun that was as sweat resistant as the Glock, or remotely as easy to service, I'd be all over it as a carry piece. A G17 with a NY1 trigger is my current duty gun, add a Gadget and a Keepers' holster and it's most likely going to be my main CCW gun for the rest of my life.
    Chuck,
    If you are looking for something like this, I'd encourage you to try the P250c. FCU and slide are stainless (not 100% sure about small parts). While not quite as easy to service as a Glock, the 40 total parts count for a hammer-fired DA gun compares very favorably to Glock's 34 parts. I ordered it with factory Sig night sights, replaced the front with an orange Ameriglo CAP, and did the red Sharpie thing to the rear vials. Sight picture is very similar to my Glock CAP/pro-operator set up, with the rear notch being a little narrower.

I'd love to hear your thoughts if you do wring one out.
    "It's surprising how often you start wondering just how featureless a desert some people's inner landscapes must be."
    -Maple Syrup Actual

Quote Originally Posted by Chuck Whitlock View Post
    Chuck,
    If you are looking for something like this, I'd encourage you to try the P250c. FCU and slide are stainless (not 100% sure about small parts). While not quite as easy to service as a Glock, the 40 total parts count for a hammer-fired DA gun compares very favorably to Glock's 34 parts. I ordered it with factory Sig night sights, replaced the front with an orange Ameriglo CAP, and did the red Sharpie thing to the rear vials. Sight picture is very similar to my Glock CAP/pro-operator set up, with the rear notch being a little narrower.

I'd love to hear your thoughts if you do wring one out.
    The more I read about the P250 series the more I want to try one. You can also convert the Beretta PX4 series to DAO, and their compact model, which is G19 sized, has been vetted extensively by Langdon in his excellent thread.

User Tag List