Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread: Knives for ladies

Quote Originally Posted by JHC View Post
    The longer I try and use a stone (from memory) the duller my knife gets. :O
    I like the various angle aligners a lot. They really helped me figure out how to identify and maintain a good bevel. I also discovered that for me, it's much easier to keep the blade steady and move the stone across it than to try to free hand a blade across the stone.

I think that's why all of the "pro" systems (e.g., Wicked Edge, EdgePro, KME, etc.) all use a clamp to hold the blade and stones that move across it.

Stropping of course you do blade in hand, but since you're dragging the flat of the blade towards the edge, it's easier to maintain the angle.

As soon as I'm shaving hair off one of my limbs, I call it good. This sounds really sharp!
    Really, that's all you need. I just like it when you can almost feel an "aura" coming off a knife, because its so sharp. I suspect that before I was an OCD Quartermaster in a past life, I was some kind of sharp instrument maker - because I really like sharp things.
    Last edited by RevolverRob; 02-22-2019 at 12:37 PM.

I notice my wife still toting her Emerson LaGriffe, at least some of the time. I’ll have to ask what else she uses.

I ordered two Eickhorn 8” Boar Hunters, because I figured that if I ordered only one, she would want it, anyway. Sure ‘nuff, she claimed one of them. (Such large blades are now legal in Texas, though “location-restricted.”

This was my wife's fitness walking knife for a spell. Super light. From our sparring . . . Her hand speed . . . Cut me to ribbons ( simulated ). Cheap.

https://www.amazon.com/Dragon-Fixed-...65374061&psc=1
    “Remember, being healthy is basically just dying as slowly as possible,” Ricky Gervais

This was my wife's fitness walking knife for a spell. Super light. From our sparring . . . Her hand speed . . . Cut me to ribbons ( simulated ). Cheap.

Excellent. Check this too...

https://pistol-forum.com/showthread....-bucks-on-sale
    ”But in the end all of these ideas just manufacture new criminals when the problem isn't a lack of criminals.” -JRB

Belly on the sharp side negates ability to slash.

Handle Is far more important than blade.

Choils work like serrations and they snag....no bueno....if your finner is in the choil it is much easier to wack.

Lock-Backs stay closed IWB etc. Liner, frame and compression locks and flippers might....

Grasp your knife as you might in an emergency.... release the lock and push the blade closed with moderate force.....you will understand why the Delica/Endura are ideal for emergency use......most lock failures on quality knives are debris related ....or didn't open all the way do to circumstances....

Hang two or three layers of different types of cloth together and slash.....only fresh sharpened serrations will work and not as well as PE.

Delica sized knives don't scare sheeple as much and have enough handle.

Warncliff are best and stab fine ....standard blade is fine also.

Delica will cut a quad to the Bone and L cuts below the ribs will expose anyone's eating habits.

Blade on Delica is 2 7/8 so legal in most places.

They come in pretty colors😉
    Last edited by Navin Johnson; 02-22-2019 at 05:22 PM.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Rex G View Post
    I notice my wife still toting her Emerson LaGriffe, at least some of the time. I’ll have to ask what else she uses.

I ordered two Eickhorn 8” Boar Hunters, because I figured that if I ordered only one, she would want it, anyway. Sure ‘nuff, she claimed one of them. (Such large blades are now legal in Texas, though “location-restricted.”
    More importantly, how is she carrying this or other knives?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Any legal information I may post is general information, and is not legal advice. Such information may or may not apply to your specific situation. I am not your attorney unless an attorney-client relationship is separately and privately established.

Site Supporter

How did she carry it?

Any legal information I may post is general information, and is not legal advice. Such information may or may not apply to your specific situation. I am not your attorney unless an attorney-client relationship is separately and privately established.

Quote Originally Posted by BillSWPA View Post
    How did she carry it?

Slipped into a fanny pack (worn in front) in it's plastic sheath.
    “Remember, being healthy is basically just dying as slowly as possible,” Ricky Gervais

Quote Originally Posted by Navin Johnson View Post
    Belly on the sharp side negates ability to slash.

Handle Is far more important than blade.

Choils work like serrations and they snag....no bueno....if your finner is in the choil it is much easier to wack.

Lock-Backs stay closed IWB etc. Liner, frame and compression locks and flippers might....

Grasp your knife as you might in an emergency.... release the lock and push the blade closed with moderate force.....you will understand why the Delica/Endura are ideal for emergency use......most lock failures on quality knives are debris related ....or didn't open all the way do to circumstances....

Hang two or three layers of different types of cloth together and slash.....only fresh sharpened serrations will work and not as well as PE.

Delica sized knives don't scare sheeple as much and have enough handle.

Warncliff are best and stab fine ....standard blade is fine also.

Delica will cut a quad to the Bone and L cuts below the ribs will expose anyone's eating habits.

Blade on Delica is 2 7/8 so legal in most places.

They come in pretty colors😉
    Why does something about this post scream you've done this before. 😋

Thx, a lot to unwrap there.

Quote Originally Posted by BillSWPA View Post
    More importantly, how is she carrying this or other knives?

LaGriffe, neck carry.

User Tag List