Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast

Thread: The Sig P320 Pro Series has landed

Got a full size yesterday and was able to mount a DPP and change the grip module to one I bought from Grayguns at the NRA Show a few weeks ago. Going to the range tomorrow to check zero and put a few rounds through it.
    Name:  8BA0BC4E-2F93-4B69-93EC-2F928BB70B41.jpg
Views: 4535
Size:  102.5 KB

I got notice earlier this week that my Aimpoint ACRO has shipped. I looked at Springer Precision and they have adapter plates for the X5 for the RMR, but not the ACRO and they specifically say they don’t work on the PRO. Does anyone know of a plate for the PRO for the RMR or the ACRO or does anyone know of a service providing optic slide cuts for already cut Sig slides? Using the DPP is sufficient for now and I’m just gathering information.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryan127 View Post
    I got notice earlier this week that my Aimpoint ACRO has shipped. I looked at Springer Precision and they have adapter plates for the X5 for the RMR, but not the ACRO and they specifically say they don’t work on the PRO. Does anyone know of a plate for the PRO for the RMR or the ACRO or does anyone know of a service providing optic slide cuts for already cut Sig slides? Using the DPP is sufficient for now and I’m just gathering information.
    Primary Machine is doing the ACRO cut but not to slides with existing optics cuts.

I haven't looked into it too much but it should be a pretty easy deal to buy a standard P320 slide and have it cut for an ACRO.

Quote Originally Posted by Tokarev View Post
    I haven't looked into it too much but it should be a pretty easy deal to buy a standard P320 slide and have it cut for an ACRO.
    Easy, but not cheap. If you find a slide, it’s usually a complete slide and over $300.

Does anyone have a source for stripped slides at a better price?
    Bob
    9MM: 92 Elite LTT, CenTac
    .45 ACP: Wilson Combat, Nighthawk, Dan Wesson, Springfield, Colt
    Confederate Civil War reproductions: 1863 Richmond rifle, Spiller and Burr revolver

This place has some variations. They might be interested in making an ACRO mount.

http://www.chpws.com/product-categor...ounting-plates

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

Since my last post I have been busy with life. Shortly after I posted I had to look at L&M Precision’s website. I have a Glock 34 that I got in a trade which was cut for a RMR. I saw that Primary Machine was offering RMR to ACRO plates and I wasn’t sure of the cut depth. Well while I was there I saw that he offers a Sig RX/X5 cut to RMR. I contacted L&M and sent in my slide. After he got it he contacted me and said that this was the first PRO slide he had seen and didn’t even know it was in the wild. He drilled and tapped new holes for the RMR pattern, but did not have to do any milling. I was advised that there would be a small gap since the RMR is shorter than the DPP or Romeo. I will try to get pictures later today, but it’s not bad. My slide now has the option to use the Romeo, DPP, and the RMR. I also installed an APEX flat trigger kit while I was left without my slide.

On the RMR to ACRO plates I bought a KE Arms plate to use when my ACRO arrived. It works, but I did not like how tall it sat.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryan127 View Post
    Since my last post I have been busy with life. Shortly after I posted I had to look at L&M Precision’s website. I have a Glock 34 that I got in a trade which was cut for a RMR. I saw that Primary Machine was offering RMR to ACRO plates and I wasn’t sure of the cut depth. Well while I was there I saw that he offers a Sig RX/X5 cut to RMR. I contacted L&M and sent in my slide. After he got it he contacted me and said that this was the first PRO slide he had seen and didn’t even know it was in the wild. He drilled and tapped new holes for the RMR pattern, but did not have to do any milling. I was advised that there would be a small gap since the RMR is shorter than the DPP or Romeo. I will try to get pictures later today, but it’s not bad. My slide now has the option to use the Romeo, DPP, and the RMR. I also installed an APEX flat trigger kit while I was left without my slide.

On the RMR to ACRO plates I bought a KE Arms plate to use when my ACRO arrived. It works, but I did not like how tall it sat.
    What's the height/thickness of the KE adapter plate?

I have a Shadow Systems LFT Glock 17 slide that comes factory cut for an RMR. Shadow Systems is milling these slides in a manner (maybe the exact same manner?) as used by ZEV and Brownell's. Rather than threaded holes the ZEV/Brownell's/Shadow has threaded posts that are supposed to give a bit more "bite" to the RMR. The posts stick up out of the slide a bit and the RMR sits down over these posts.

The problem is nobody that I'm aware of is making a ZEV to ACRO adapter. KE says his should fit if I drill the holes out to fit over the threaded posts. Primary says he doesn't think his plate will have enough material for the screws to bottom out on if I drill the holes to fit over the posts.

Anyway, if you get a chance and can measure the thickness of the KE plate it would be appreciated.

Quote Originally Posted by Tokarev View Post
    What's the height/thickness of the KE adapter plate?

I have a Shadow Systems LFT Glock 17 slide that comes factory cut for an RMR. Shadow Systems is milling these slides in a manner (maybe the exact same manner?) as used by ZEV and Brownell's. Rather than threaded holes the ZEV/Brownell's/Shadow has threaded posts that are supposed to give a bit more "bite" to the RMR. The posts stick up out of the slide a bit and the RMR sits down over these posts.

The problem is nobody that I'm aware of is making a ZEV to ACRO adapter. KE says his should fit if I drill the holes out to fit over the threaded posts. Primary says he doesn't think his plate will have enough material for the screws to bottom out on if I drill the holes to fit over the posts.

Anyway, if you get a chance and can measure the thickness of the KE plate it would be appreciated.

Will do

Pictures of the gap
    Name:  50A55B7C-1934-4E95-94D7-8C608FE65911.jpg
Views: 886
Size:  30.1 KB
    Name:  0EF6FCFB-FA16-47F3-A828-D0236EB4BC73.jpg
Views: 857
Size:  24.8 KB

I flew back to Louisiana a couple of weeks ago to shoot my LEOSA annual qualification. The range staff had full-size and carry versions of the Pro for T&E and I had a chance to put a couple hundred rounds down range on paper and steel with both. Both guns were set up with a Romeo with a protected shroud of sorts. Sorry, not sure the model number of the optic.

The grip is about as close to “perfection” for me as it gets. The triggers were very shootable. The full-size gun had X-ray suppressor sights and the carry version had the standard height X-rays that were not usable through the optic window.

There were no gun or optic issues, and there had been none since the guns were received for T&E. I’m not sure how long or how many rounds the range staff has through them but they were well liked.

I found both guns easy to hit with and, surprisingly, I didn’t have any problems presenting to the dot or tracking the dot during shot strings.

The optics have a slight blue tint that I didn’t care for but it didn’t really make any difference in seeing the target or tracking the dot. The dot was very visible under bright Louisiana sun.

Frankly, my eyes are to the point where I struggle at 25 yards and beyond. It’s just impossible to determine sight alignment when it’s all just a blur. My distance vision is fine but I can’t read anything without reading glasses. And I’m not walking around the food court wearing RX range glasses. We all know that sights are personal preference and eye dependent, and that can change over time. For me now, iron sights with a wide and deep notch are no longer a benefit. They just give more opportunity for misalignment without being able to tell the difference. Nighter notches give me less chances of screwing up alignment. Sucks getting old.

I really enjoyed the shooting both guns. The carry version “seemed” to make tracking the dot a bit easier but that’s just an initial wag. No timer and 1st time shooting the guns, so who knows for sure.

That trip did 3 things. I’m good to carry on LEOSA for another year. I really liked the guns and will be picking up a Carry version soon, and likely an X Compact. The biggest thing the trip did was to show me how bad my eyes really are and how an optic can roll back the eye age.

All in all, both guns were pretty impressive.

User Tag List