Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Trigger-Less Glock Field Stripping

Trigger-Less Glock Field Stripping

Some of us will say, "Why?" Others will likely say, "What took so long?"

https://runnerarms.com/strikerout/

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

"Why?"

The stoutness demo amused me. My concern with that cover plate is would it slide down during firing and the stoutness demo did not address that possible issue.

Quote Originally Posted by farscott View Post
    The stoutness demo amused me. My concern with that cover plate is would it slide down during firing and the stoutness demo did not address that possible issue.
    I also wonder about this.

I haven't seen the Mossberg pistol. How is that plate retained? And what's it made out of?

I'm personally on the "Why?" train as well, but I concurrently applaud the ingeniousness of the design, and the fact that it doesn't require any modifications other than the slide cover plate substitution.

After 30+ years, I'd think we've moved passed the instinctive visceral horror of having to pull the trigger as a necessary prelude to field-stripping/disassembly thought, but for those unduly concerned, it offers an inexpensive alternative approach.

Best, Jon

Maybe I’m just a curmudgeon, but I’ve always thought the “need” to be able to detail strip without pulling the trigger to be overstated. I mean, how hard is it to unload? Obviously this is a sticking point for some people.
    Ken

BBI: ...”you better not forget the safe word because shit's about to get weird”...
    revchuck38: ...”mo' ammo is mo' betta' unless you're swimming or on fire.”

Gucci gear, Walmart skill Darth_Uno's Avatar
    I'm fond of saying, "If it's predictable, it's preventable." I'd call this is an answer without a question, but it eliminates human error. I won't buy one, but I can't say it's a bad idea.

Quote Originally Posted by HeavyDuty View Post
    Maybe I’m just a curmudgeon, but I’ve always thought the “need” to be able to detail strip without pulling the trigger to be overstated. I mean, how hard is it to unload? Obviously this is a sticking point for some people.
    For pistol savvy folks it isn't a problem at all. With that said, even pistol savvy people can have a momentary lapse in attention, routine, thought process and/or be distracted for whatever reason.

Seems somewhat odd to me that we accept the Glock for what it is. But many of the same people see the Serpa as a dangerous device. Blackhawk says it is a training issue...

My agency teaches to load the 870 in "hot standby" which is chamber empty, mag tube full and action unlocked. This requires a pull of the trigger before the mag tube is loaded.

How many NDs have we had over the years?

Last edited by Tokarev; 05-16-2019 at 02:03 PM.

Modding this sack of shit BehindBlueI's's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by HeavyDuty View Post
    Hard enough it played in to roughly 1/3 of accidental discharges causing injury or death in my county the year I tracked it.
    Sorta around sometimes for some of your shitty mod needs.

Glock or no -

Why does anybody not dry cycle an "empty" firearm 2-3 times upon picking it up, each time, even if they were the last one to put it down "empty"? I don't have to buy parts to do that plus it's 100% reliable, semiauto, bolt, I don't care. Trust but verify.

In my opinion people that need mechanical "solutions" to this "problem" shouldn't be using firearms without 1 on 1 supervision. (My opinion isn't different for LE/mil either)
    Last edited by STI; 05-16-2019 at 03:35 PM.

User Tag List