Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Just spent the week at FLETC.

Just spent the week at FLETC.

I'm setting in the airport waiting for my flight home after a week at FLETC for CSO training. We were required to wear our uniforms all week and this is a new policy with the CSO program. Our uniform consists of a navy blue blazer, grey slacks and tie. Needless to say, we stood out and it was pretty amusing.

I felt like a professor on a college campus, since all of us were considerably older than everyone else. We were asked if we were the FBI. One young man tried to be polite by opening with, "Excuse me sir, I notice you're all older......" My favorite was, "Are you guys the FLETC mens chior?"
    We may lose and we may win, but we will never be here again.......

Quote Originally Posted by Trooper224 View Post
    "Are you guys the FLETC mens chior?"
    Lol. Too bad they banned bikes on campus. You guys wearing suites and riding on a tandem bike would have been the sh*tz.

Quote Originally Posted by Trooper224 View Post
    "Are you guys the FLETC mens chior?"
    ”But in the end all of these ideas just manufacture new criminals when the problem isn't a lack of criminals.” -JRB

What did you think of the chow there? We ate chicken pretty much every single day.

Sent from my VS995 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Galbraith View Post
    Lol. Too bad they banned bikes on campus. You guys wearing suites and riding on a tandem bike would have been the sh*tz.
    I did reply, "We'll be doing Old Calcutta in the dining hall at seven."

Quote Originally Posted by Kyle Reese View Post
    What did you think of the chow there? We ate chicken pretty much every single day.

It was pretty standard government fair. Meaning, it was free.

Site Supporter
    Did you go over to the Adobe Rose? That place is a little slice of heaven out there.

Quote Originally Posted by Guinnessman View Post
    Did you go over to the Adobe Rose? That place is a little slice of heaven out there.
    Artesia......... Glynco was better if that can be imagined.....

Quote Originally Posted by Galbraith View Post
    Artesia......... Glynco was better if that can be imagined.....
    There are a few good eateries in Brunswick. Moondoggie's Pizza, Nakorn Thai, Zhang's Fancy Q sushi and Cracker Barrel come to mind. Nearby St.Simon's is definitely worth the drive across the causeway when you need a break from the DFAC food.

Last edited by Kyle Reese; 05-11-2019 at 11:17 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kyle Reese View Post
    There are a few good eateries in Brunswick. Moondoggie's Pizza, Nakorn Thai, Zhang's Fancy Q sushi and Cracker Barrel come to mind. Nearby St.Simon's is definitely worth the drive across the causeway when you need a break from the DFAC food.

Brunswick isn't too bad for training. Living there long term with a family, not so much. Better off living in the Jacksonville area and commuting. DHS tried to recruit me as an instructor for Artesia, and although the facility is nice, the surrounding area is definitely a deal breaker.

As a whole, I would vote for Glynco to be overall better than Artesia if you don't mind the crowdedness.

User Tag List