Page 10 of 55 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast

Thread: Democratic Nominee 2020 Part Deux

Now Liz is blaming the Media for her campaign's failure:

Democratic presidential candidate Sen. Elizabeth Warren (D., Mass.) issued a scathing denunciation of the mainstream media on Friday, accusing several outlets of ignoring her campaign in favor of lesser candidates and blaming that coverage in part for her campaign's failure to gain traction with primary voters.
    She's kind of right, but in a wrong way. The only thing the screechy fake Indian ever had was the media pretending she was A Real Candidate, to make the pre-primary season more interesting.
    Now, it's obvious that she's pretty much done.
    "You win 100% of the fights you avoid. If you're not there when it happens, you don't lose." - William Aprill
    "I've owned a guitar for 31 years and that sure hasn't made me a musician, let alone an expert. It's made me a guy who owns a guitar."- BBI

Man, the above pretty much reminds me of Hillary. The entire old guard of the democratic party contenders suffer from arrested emotional development.
    ”But in the end all of these ideas just manufacture new criminals when the problem isn't a lack of criminals.” -JRB

Name:  74915AAE-0428-4688-B419-BED13CC3133F.jpeg
Views: 452
Size:  25.7 KB

Data point of one op-ed. But I’ll leave it here anyways:

https://gen.medium.com/ive-been-a-de...e-c69ddaaf6d07

"But tomorrow, I’ll be changing my voter registration from Democrat to Independent and walking away from the party I’ve spent the past 20 years in to sit in the middle for a while. There are extremes in both parties that I am uncomfortable with, but I also fundamentally believe that most people on both sides are good, decent human beings who want the best for the country and have dramatic disagreements on how to get there. But until we start seeing each other as human beings, there will be no bridging the divide. I refuse to be a part of the divisiveness any longer. I refuse to hate people I don’t know simply because they choose to vote for someone else. If we’re going to heal the country, we have to start taking steps toward one another rather than away.
    I think the Democrats have an ass-kicking coming to them in November, and I think most of them will be utterly shocked when it happens, because they’re existing in an echo chamber that is not reflective of the broader reality. I hope it’s a wake-up call that causes them to take a long look in the mirror and really ask themselves how they got here. Maybe then they’ll start listening. I tend to doubt it, but I can hope."
    ”But in the end all of these ideas just manufacture new criminals when the problem isn't a lack of criminals.” -JRB

Where is Al?

Al Sharpton missed his chance. With this Zany crew of misfits running for the Democrat Party, he might actually have had a chance. All of them remind me of something out of a Mad Magazine. For the Dems, it is not deciding which one you dislike the most, it is deciding which one is "less" crazy. I always thought it would pure Hell to have to live with Hillary Clinton, and then Elizabeth Warren comes along. My God, can you imagine what it must be like having her screaming at you all day long? Reminds me of some old lady that comes out daily to scream at the kids on her grass or cuss out the trash collectors. Bernie is out there in La La Land. Even Hillary thinks he is nuts. Bernie just waiting to be elected so he can have his own Bolshevik Revolution here in America. Biden quickly flew down to South Carolina after Iowa. Had to hurry to promise his followers more freebies if elected.
    When I was a kid, I loved Mad Magazine. Now I get to see the real life version.

Quote Originally Posted by Old Virginia View Post
    Al Sharpton missed his chance. With this Zany crew of misfits running for the Democrat Party, he might actually have had a chance. All of them remind me of something out of a Mad Magazine. For the Dems, it is not deciding which one you dislike the most, it is deciding which one is "less" crazy. I always thought it would pure Hell to have to live with Hillary Clinton, and then Elizabeth Warren comes along. My God, can you imagine what it must be like having her screaming at you all day long? Reminds me of some old lady that comes out daily to scream at the kids on her grass or cuss out the trash collectors. Bernie is out there in La La Land. Even Hillary thinks he is nuts. Bernie just waiting to be elected so he can have his own Bolshevik Revolution here in America. Biden quickly flew down to South Carolina after Iowa. Had to hurry to promise his followers more freebies if elected.
    When I was a kid, I loved Mad Magazine. Now I get to see the real life version.
    If Al Sharpton, ever became president I'd have to move rather than witness firsthand the complete destruction of the nation. He's a lying, shit stirring POS. (And that's the nicest thing I have to say about him.)

It was troublesome enough when I had to do a Secret Service detail for Jesse Jackson during his presidential run, another one who would create and foment trouble for his own purposes and who had less than a passing acquaintance with truth and honesty. Of course it could be that coming from "Hymie Town" my opinion is somewhat skewed.
    There's nothing civil about this war.

Site Supporter
    I got trapped at work as they had a Jesse Jackson rally at school during his campaign. Their buses were parallel to a line of parked cars but blocking them from pulling around. It was at night. I asked some guy with the ear piece, if they could move one bus that would free us. Told me to get lost. Went back to the office to wait it out.

Since he is the designated "wife" in his same-sex marriage, would Pete Buttigieg be considered the first woman president if elected?

Quote Originally Posted by NH Shooter View Post
    Since he is the designated "wife" in his same-sex marriage, would Pete Buttigieg be considered the first woman president if elected?
    I thought it was husband and husband. In any case, his spouse took his name. Not sure if that confers any particular meaning.

In any case, I think you need to attend the diversity training class I mentioned in the "meme" thread.
    There's nothing civil about this war.

Quote Originally Posted by blues View Post
    In any case, I think you need to attend the diversity training class I mentioned in the "meme" thread.
    Truth. I'm such a luddite when it comes to this stuff.

And Hillary would be pissed if what I thought came to pass and was true.
    Last edited by NH Shooter; 02-16-2020 at 02:59 PM.

User Tag List