Page 71 of 101 FirstFirst ... 2161697071727381 ... LastLast

Thread: General Holosun pistol optic thread

I picked up a 407CO this fall to try it out. I’m still on the fence about the 8MOA circle as opposed to a solid dot. It’s functional, visible, and even accurate for minute-of-A-zone type shooting (even the upper A-zone at 10-15 yds). But truth be told I think I am more accustomed to a single dot in the 5-6 MOA range since that is the reticle I have on all my other pistols.

As mentioned earlier, for slow static shooting the 8MOA circle works just fine, but for shooting at speed when the “dot” is just a red streak I find it more precise to track with a solid dot. But maybe I just need to shoot it more.

I hope in 2022 HS offers more reticle options. Similar to the 6MOA emitter on the 407K, it’d be sweet if HS did a 6MOA dot-only option in the 508T body (maybe it would be called the 407T?).
    Last edited by ECK; 01-02-2022 at 11:57 AM.

Just had another 507k fail on me.

The first one just refused to turn on one day. Changed batteries and everything but it was just dead.

A week ago my second one started to refuse to turn off and I could not change the brightness. Changed the batteries and it went back to normal until today. Like the first one this one is simply dead.

Name:  946236FB-9767-4782-8CAA-F3B638E55923.jpg
Views: 460
Size:  35.1 KB

Earlier, it wouldn’t let me link this photo of the 407 CO with a filthy display and a low sun angle.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

I dropped a 365XL with a 507K just now. I got my foot out to partially cushion it, but it bounced off and hit a tile floor. Went and put the Wheeler on it, and POI has shifted significantly in windage. There isn't a mark on the optic, but I don't trust it to hold now.

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    I dropped a 365XL with a 507K just now. I got my foot out to partially cushion it, but it bounced off and hit a tile floor. Went and put the Wheeler on it, and POI has shifted significantly in windage. There isn't a mark on the optic, but I don't trust it to hold now.
    Do you plan on verifying the shift with shooting? Is there a plate system involved?

Quote Originally Posted by NH Shooter View Post
    Do you plan on verifying the shift with shooting? Is there a plate system involved?
    No plate, it is directly bolted to the 365 slide. No need to shoot, with the Wheeler green laser at 25 yards, the dot is about six inches off in windage. Backup iron sights agree. I just ordered a RMSc.

No plate, it is directly bolted to the 365 slide. No need to shoot, with the Wheeler green laser at 25 yards, the dot is about six inches off in windage. Backup iron sights agree. I just ordered a RMSc.
    Thanks, that does not instill confidence in Holosun optics.

General Holosun pistol optic thread

Didn’t Cowan drop this thing six ways til Sunday and “I’d call that zero maintained”?

I think you dropped it on the wrong kind of tile.

Quote Originally Posted by vandal View Post
    Didn’t Cowan drop this thing six ways til Sunday and “I’d call that zero maintained”?

I think you dropped it on the wrong kind of tile.
    I think Aaron tested a direct drop onto a tile hard surface, but my mistake was cushioning the fall with a Croc. That will show me why an operator must not wear Crocs.

Quote Originally Posted by vandal View Post
    I watched his review of the 508T and 507k and that indeed is what he found.

I'm looking at the 508T but haven't ruled out a RMR either.

User Tag List