Page 18 of 25 FirstFirst ... 81617181920 ... LastLast

Thread: Holosun Solar powered dot that fits MOS cut out

This pile of Chicom garbage lasted for exactly 12 rounds before the reticles turned into random splatter.

Name:  20220513_210932.jpg
Views: 279
Size:  10.8 KBName:  20220513_210946.jpg
Views: 275
Size:  11.2 KBName:  20220513_210959.jpg
Views: 276
Size:  11.8 KB

As always, taking pictures of projected reticles is a crapshoot, I can find no way to represent what they really look like to the eye.

About to return to sender..

edit: another picture
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by jellydonut; 05-13-2022 at 02:40 PM.

QRC V10 for the SCS MOS Green is posted below.

https://pistol-forum.com/showthread....=1#post1352831

Quote Originally Posted by jellydonut View Post
    This pile of Chicom garbage lasted for exactly 12 rounds before the reticles turned into random splatter.
    That sucks.

I had a weird starburst on my 507c once...looked that bad or maybe worse. I ended up cleaning the emitter with a moist Q-tip to restore a perfectly formed dot. I think a small piece of carbon had lodged in there.

Might be worth a try?

Quote Originally Posted by RJ View Post
    That sucks.

I had a weird starburst on my 507c once...looked that bad or maybe worse. I ended up cleaning the emitter with a moist Q-tip to restore a perfectly formed dot. I think a small piece of carbon had lodged in there.

Might be worth a try?
    I'm not doing a damned thing to it that might cause more damage than there already is when it's brand new out of the box today.

Maybe if I had fired a few hundred rounds, or if I had even taken it outside.. but no. 12 rounds, from a rest, at an indoor range. I'm not touching it.

I'm not doing a damned thing to it that might cause more damage than there already is when it's brand new out of the box today.

Maybe if I had fired a few hundred rounds, or if I had even taken it outside.. but no. 12 rounds, from a rest, at an indoor range. I'm not touching it.
    You didn’t get jelly donut on the emitter?
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    You didn’t get jelly donut on the emitter?
    jelly donuts are friends, not food!

i've asked the shop for a return ticket, if they ask me to try something on the thing before shipping i'll do it. otherwise, no way josé.

Understood. I can't imagine how disappointing that must be.

Good luck and hope you get a replacement asap.

Is it at least worth looking for smutz with a light and magnifier, without touching? Indoor ranges are dirty places, and it doesn’t take much to partially obscure the emitter.
    Ken

BBI: ...”you better not forget the safe word because shit's about to get weird”...
    revchuck38: ...”mo' ammo is mo' betta' unless you're swimming or on fire.”

Quote Originally Posted by HeavyDuty View Post
    Is it at least worth looking for smutz with a light and magnifier, without touching? Indoor ranges are dirty places, and it doesn’t take much to partially obscure the emitter.
    Especially from a rest where particles tend to reflect and bounce off shit in a stall.

Q-tips and compressed air are just part of the maintenance package for open emitter users.

I picked up a new 19.5 MOS tonight for this sight.
    Ken

BBI: ...”you better not forget the safe word because shit's about to get weird”...
    revchuck38: ...”mo' ammo is mo' betta' unless you're swimming or on fire.”

User Tag List