Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Claude Werner 5 hat 5 drill?

^ sort of looks like a hat so I can see him calling it the 5 hat 5 and it explains why I never could track it down by that name.
    Nothing so needs reforming as other people's habits - Mark Twain

Tact is the knack of making a point without making an enemy / Where is the wisdom we have lost in knowledge?

Site Supporter
    Since I taught French for 15 years, I have a hard time thinking of it as anything other than a circumflex.

Quote Originally Posted by revchuck38 View Post
    Since I taught French for 15 years, I have a hard time thinking of it as anything other than a circumflex.
    After taking 2.5 years of German in HS you’d think I’d have a pretty good grasp of French...
    Nothing so needs reforming as other people's habits - Mark Twain

Tact is the knack of making a point without making an enemy / Where is the wisdom we have lost in knowledge?

The caret (hat) is also how you denote an exponent in some programming languages, so it's 5 to the 5th power for:

5 yards
    5 shots
    5-inch target
    5 seconds
    done 5 times
    "The victor is not victorious if the vanquished does not consider himself so."
    ― Ennius

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Guerrero View Post
    The caret (hat) is also how you denote an exponent in some programming languages, so it's 5 to the 5th power for:

5 yards
    5 shots
    5-inch target
    5 seconds
    done 5 times
    Good to know, thanks! When I went to college, IBM Selectrics were cutting-edge tech and I scraped by with a manual portable Smith-Corona, so anything programming is outside my ken.

User Tag List