Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 910111213 LastLast

Thread: Timney enters Glock market

Quote Originally Posted by backtrail540 View Post
    Ignore the heavy breathing and my dumbass hitting the muzzle on the door glass...but here's a quick video on the lack of takeup etc...
    My main question is, how much pre-travel was adjusted out with the screw, if at all? One thing I'd be curious to see is if the SCD is still leveraged at rest if the pre-travel screw is backed off as much as possible. Also, what connector are you using?

Quote Originally Posted by Sig_Fiend View Post
    My main question is, how much pre-travel was adjusted out with the screw, if at all? One thing I'd be curious to see is if the SCD is still leveraged at rest if the pre-travel screw is backed off as much as possible. Also, what connector are you using?
    As it came from the package. Though since it was won in a karma, it certainly could have been adjusted previously. I'll mess around with it today and see what kind of adjustability i can get from it.

Stock connector/ internals.
    "...we suffer more in imagination than in reality." Seneca, probably.

it certainly could have been adjusted previously. .
    Never adjusted, as it came out of the box.

Name:  20220109_083147.jpg
Views: 296
Size:  11.1 KB

Name:  20220109_085054.jpg
Views: 286
Size:  9.3 KB

Where the screw was set. I removed it completely to get a sense of the absolute difference. Here's where it is with no screw.

Quote Originally Posted by Sig_Fiend View Post
    Name:  20220109_091238.jpg
Views: 299
Size:  27.3 KB

Pre travel screw removed. With the striker fully tensioned/cocked, the scd doesn't do anything. Pressure won't stop it from dropping etc... just there for illustration purposes at that point.

Name:  20220109_091238.jpg
Views: 299
Size:  27.3 KB

Pre travel screw removed. With the striker fully tensioned/cocked, the scd doesn't do anything. Pressure won't stop it from dropping etc... just there for illustration purposes at that point.
    Oh, good point. I keep forgetting this trigger converts the gun to a full tension striker. So it makes total sense that an SCD would already be activated and basically pointless in this case.

An otherwise very squared away military operator had a G5 Glock with a Timney trigger at today’s USPSA match. It failed to reset about 3 times per stage. He placed fairly well, considering.
    “There is no growth in the comfort zone.”--Jocko Willink
    "You can never have too many knives." --Joe Ambercrombie

Quote Originally Posted by Clusterfrack View Post
    An otherwise very squared away military operator had a G5 Glock with a Timney trigger at today’s USPSA match. It failed to reset about 3 times per stage. He placed fairly well, considering.
    My Timney didn’t make it to a match, because of a similar experience. Loved it until it didn’t work. I just heard, unlike most Glock triggers, the Timney requires special lubrication. We will see, I am skeptical.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

I think I will finally get the timney gun out to the range tomorrow, if for no other reason than to form an opionion and be able to return the gun to the stock trigger for swapping purposes. Thanks for the reminder that it was in there!

I think I will finally get the timney gun out to the range tomorrow, if for no other reason than to form an opionion and be able to return the gun to the stock trigger for swapping purposes. Thanks for the reminder that it was in there!
    Today, based on what I know, there is no way I would rely on it for defense.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

User Tag List