Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast

Thread: Jail guard and inmate - day 5

CO now deceased, apparently.

Former Alabama corrections officer Vicky White dies of self-inflicted injuries in Casey White manhunt

https://www.foxnews.com/us/former-al...cky-white-dies

Vicky White reported deceased at 7 pm.

Does that open Casey White to a felony murder charge for his accomplice dying during escape and flight?
    Code Name: JET STREAM

Revolvers Revolvers 1911s Stephanie B's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Jim Watson View Post
    Vicky White reported deceased at 7 pm. Does that open Casey White to a felony murder charge for his accomplice dying during escape and flight?
    One can only hope. Do they execute people for that in Indiana?
    If we have to march off into the next world, let us walk there on the bodies of our enemies.

Modding this sack of shit BehindBlueI's's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Jim Watson View Post
    Vicky White reported deceased at 7 pm.

Does that open Casey White to a felony murder charge for his accomplice dying during escape and flight?
    Quote Originally Posted by Stephanie B View Post
    One can only hope. Do they execute people for that in Indiana?
    Escape does not qualify for Felony Murder in Indiana.
    Sorta around sometimes for some of your shitty mod needs.

Site Supporter
    So sorry for this outcome. At least no more innocents died. Vicky messed up badly, but my heart goes out to her. Just wish she'd found a good man who could have kept her off this disastrous path. I hope they fry that sasquatch b@$t2Rd.

"carbine-infested rural (and suburban) areas"
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigguy View Post
    I worked corrections for four months. I worked a jail, not a prison. It was subcontracted out to a private firm. It was hell. First three nights on deck were supposed to be OJT alongside another CO. I was put on a post alone. The next week I started working two posts per night. I'd hit three before I left. I could, and have, related many of the horror stories from that time. I won't repeat them here, but part of it was the inexplicable control some inmates had over some COs.

I will say this. I met several COs who work for state prisons and federal prisons. Several of them had experience at the Annex. (Jail where I worked) and assured me they would never go back. Apparently I was gifted with the worst of the worst as far as Corrections goes. State prisons were better places to work and FCI was a dream job from my understanding.

In my time at the jail, there were four female COs sleeping with inmates that I personally knew of. There can be little doubt that there were many I didn't know of. I was a bit nieve, and didn't know the real dirt. (Rumors were so abundant that there is NO WAY rank was unaware of these trists.)

When we completed our two week class room instruction, we met the Warden. He showed us the "Wall of Shame." This was a wall of photos of people in inmate garb. I don't have an accurate count, but it would have been thirty to forty people, almost all female. These were people who had gotten incarcerated for inappropriate behavior with inmates during their time as COs. Most got caught trying to bring in contraband. I don't recall one who aided in an escape.

Three of the four females I knew who were sleeping with inmates were very attractive women. They could have walked into any club and left with any man they chose. The fourth was "curvy" by my standards, but I'm led understand that it was considered an attractive trait among many of the inmates. I do not understand why any of these women would throw themselves away on those losers. But I know they did.

I can't explain the COs actions in this event, but I'm not surprised by it.
    When you describe it like that, it makes me think.

Take a group of "normal" people, maybe even filter for people who started into the line of work they're in because of a desire to help others. Then, with little or no psychological training, put them in a cage for an extended period of time with a bunch of criminal sociopaths with a lifetime of experience being criminal sociopaths and manipulating people. It's not surprising when some of the sociopaths manage to get into the heads of some of the normies. It's actually kind of hard for me to see how that wouldn't happen.
    -----------------------------------------
    Not another dime.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by OlongJohnson View Post
    When you describe it like that, it makes me think.

Take a group of "normal" people, maybe even filter for people who started into the line of work they're in because of a desire to help others. Then, with little or no psychological training, put them in a cage for an extended period of time with a bunch of criminal sociopaths with a lifetime of experience being criminal sociopaths and manipulating people. It's not surprising when some of the sociopaths manage to get into the heads of some of the normies. It's actually kind of hard for me to see how that wouldn't happen.
    Agreed. You have some of the best of the best that come from a lifetime of exploiting others, and they have nothing but time to sit there and think about these things. Anything they can get from a guard is a victory.

I got on a kick of watching former Prison YouTube videos once and from what I understand it’s the same way with male guards in female prisons.

I’m really sorry to see this lady’s life end like this. What a complete shame.

I have some family that choose a less than desirable path in life that I had to confront after he got out of prison to get him out of a well meaning relatives house. Basically, they were trying to help him. But… as soon as he got out his words and promises of change from the years behind bars were still there but there was a clear delineation that he had no intentions of changing. I offered contacting a halfway house from a church I knew or he had to leave, but they weren’t able to provide for him anymore.

He left and he’s back in prison on narcotic distribution charges.

It’s sad, but it happens.

ETA:

I also say that some of the best people I know as far as character and serving others go did turn their lives around after getting involved with criminal activities and serving time.

I appreciate all Law Enforcement.
    Last edited by BWT; 05-10-2022 at 07:53 AM.
    God Bless,

Brandon

Site Supporter
    I guess I’ll play the callused asshole who doesn’t have a problem with Vicky White offing herself and saving the tax payers a bunch of money in trials and jail time. Her #good-idea to break Casey White out of jail could have very easily led to more people than just herself being killed and everybody is lucky that it didn’t.

Vicky White shot herself after crash; Casey White planned ‘shootout,’ Indiana sheriff says

Had she and escaped capital murder suspect Casey White not crashed in a brief chase, he planned to “engage in a shootout” with law enforcement “at the stake of both of them losing their lives,” Vanderburgh County, Ind. Sheriff Dave Wedding said at a press conference Tuesday morning.

After the crash, authorities found $29,000 in cash, four handguns and an AR-15 rifle. They also found extra magazines for each weapon, and a duty belt (equipped with handcuffs, a TASER, and handcuffs), and camping/ survival gear.

“During the interview with investigators, Casey White indicated that he envisioned a “suicide by cop” style shootout with police; however, that plan was foiled when the law enforcement vehicle made contact with the Cadillac,” a sheriff’s office statement read.

Quote Originally Posted by Caballoflaco View Post
    I guess I’ll play the callused asshole who doesn’t have a problem with Vicky White offing herself and saving the tax payers a bunch of money in trials and jail time. Her #good-idea to break Casey White out of jail could have very easily led to more people than just herself being killed and everybody is lucky that it didn’t.
    Yeah, I'm sort of on the same page. Not sure I understand the outpouring of emotions for her.

"Are you ready? Okay. Let's roll."- Last words of Todd Beamer

Better she had shot him. Or him first.
    Code Name: JET STREAM

User Tag List