Page 12 of 20 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: New Jack Reacher series on Amazon Prime

Site Supporter
    Some gun things. The good cop talks to Reacher about his BUG and says it is a 32 Cal snubby. It looks like a SW but can't be sure. Since it isn't a blued gun, I'm not sure of the model as I don't recall a hammered SS or lighweight modern 32. Could be a Taurus, I supposed.

Shot out two tires with 4 shots from the 32. Doable? I did once see a 45 ACP bounce off a tire and come back and hit a guy in the chest, just a bruise though.

The bad FBI guy is holding Reacher at gun point with a 380 something, Sig? I can see that he doesn't want to use his duty gun but a 380 on a giant guy?

The knife does look like my Kershaw, the opening does look assisted rather than automatic. But who knows.
    Last edited by Glenn E. Meyer; 02-06-2022 at 04:15 PM.

Revolvers Revolvers 1911s Stephanie B's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Tabasco View Post
    I enjoy watching some of the classics from the 1930's 40's and 50's, which in general are pretty faithful to the books (most filmmakers must have assumed their audience read the book before seeing the movie). Watched Bogart's version of the "Maltese Falcon" last night. The book gives insights into some of the characters that the movie alludes to, such as the relationship between "The Fat Man" (Sidney Greenstreet), "Joel Cairo" (Peter Lorrie), and "Wilmer" (can't remember the actor). Much better to read the book beforehand.
    If you get a chance to see the first "Maltese Falcon" movie, which was made before the decency code was in force, it's worth seeing.
    If we have to march off into the next world, let us walk there on the bodies of our enemies.

Revolvers Revolvers 1911s Stephanie B's Avatar
    I just saw the first episode. I can buy that guy as Jack Reacher. I haven't read any of the books in many years, so if this tale veers from the books, it won't bother me any.
    If we have to march off into the next world, let us walk there on the bodies of our enemies.

Site Supporter
    Watched the end. The last fight has some cliches, not up to level of earlier ones. Overall, a better than average series.

NO battlefield pick ups - at the old NTI, as you moved through the shoot house on one run, I came across an old single shot shotgun and some rounds. I didn't take it with me. Asked why - I said, I had no idea if it worked and didn't want to fool with a single shot gun. That was acceptable. I thought of disabling it but since it was an exercise, that would be rude to break a real gun as others would be in that stage.

I would have picked up extra ammo though or a functional looking handgun and stashed it.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Glenn E. Meyer View Post
    Some gun things. The good cop talks to Reacher about his BUG and says it is a 32 Cal snubby. It looks like a SW but can't be sure. Since it isn't a blued gun, I'm not sure of the model as I don't recall a hammered SS or lighweight modern 32. Could be a Taurus, I supposed.

Shot out two tires with 4 shots from the 32. Doable? I did once see a 45 ACP bounce off a tire and come back and hit a guy in the chest, just a bruise though.

The bad FBI guy is holding Reacher at gun point with a 380 something, Sig? I can see that he doesn't want to use his duty gun but a 380 on a giant guy?

The knife does look like my Kershaw, the opening does look assisted rather than automatic. But who knows.
    One of the few to own a S&W 632?

I thought it was a PPK.
    --Jason--

Quote Originally Posted by Tabasco View Post
    I enjoy watching some of the classics from the 1930's 40's and 50's, which in general are pretty faithful to the books (most filmmakers must have assumed their audience read the book before seeing the movie). Watched Bogart's version of the "Maltese Falcon" last night. The book gives insights into some of the characters that the movie alludes to, such as the relationship between "The Fat Man" (Sidney Greenstreet), "Joel Cairo" (Peter Lorrie), and "Wilmer" (can't remember the actor). Much better to read the book beforehand.
    Elisha Cook, Jr.

Can't believe I remembered that after all these years. Great film.
    There's nothing civil about this war.

Site Supporter
    Was there a snubby 632 with a hammer? There are hammerless 632s and 3 inch guns with hammers. Oh, some google-fu indicates there were hammered, snubby, but blued 632s but the picture says it's a 32 HR mag https://www.google.com/url?sa=i&url=...AAAAAdAAAAABAD (not a 327) and 631s that are snubby, shiny and hammered. Could be one of those (if the statement was just a plot blab). They are very expensive nowadays and rare.

My 632 is one of the hammered, SS, comp'ed 3 inch guns. Love it. As I said previously, it is a fire breather with 327 rounds. Boom!

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Glenn E. Meyer View Post
    Was there a snubby 632 with a hammer? There are hammerless 632s and 3 inch guns with hammers. Oh, some google-fu indicates there were hammered, snubby, but blued 632s but the picture says it's a 32 HR mag https://www.google.com/url?sa=i&url=...AAAAAdAAAAABAD (not a 327) and 631s that are snubby, shiny and hammered. Could be one of those (if the statement was just a plot blab). They are very expensive nowadays and rare.

My 632 is one of the hammered, SS, comp'ed 3 inch guns. Love it. As I said previously, it is a fire breather with 327 rounds. Boom!
    Ahhh, I forgot his had a hammer.
    --Jason--

I enjoyed the series.

Yes, some stuff was dumb for us gun people. 95g subsonics, etc. Bad gun handling is okay… because the real world is full of people who can’t handle guns worth a crap. If it’s hard to watch, just imagine them saying “I’ve been shooting fer years!” next to you at a public range. Adds to the realism.

Reacher in monster hulk form is fun because he can pretty much go and do as he pleases and nobody can stop him. (I thought he handled the crowbar fight very poorly relative to his other fights, though, that was frustrating). He’s the confident badass every guy wishes he was on some level. His awkwardness and poor acting actually kinds of fits. That guy isn’t going to be well adjusted. His level of attention to detail and focus is almost on-the-spectrum-ish.

I still think a human-sized badass Reacher who’s a little more unassuming and grey man (a la Cruise) is actually a very interesting version of the character, but understand that’s not true to the books at all. I mean we’d all watch a series where Craig travels around righting wrongs as a surprisingly stylish superhobo, right? (Sorry Craig, I’m sure you get tired of being a reference point sometimes, no disrespect intended).

Roscoe turned out to be pretty tough for a petite chick. Finlay grew on me and their banter got fun. The “Tweed Tornado” comment made me laugh.

I also have a soft spot because one of my dogs is a rescue that was chained up in the yard by family members after his owner died.

Looking forward to another season!
    --Josh
    “Formerly we suffered from crimes; now we suffer from laws.” - Tacitus.

Quote Originally Posted by LOKNLOD View Post
    Roscoe turned out to be pretty tough for a petite chick.
    Kind of reminds me of Starbuck in the more recent Battlestar Galactica with Edward J. Olmos.

User Tag List