Page 24 of 41 FirstFirst ... 14222324252634 ... LastLast

Thread: Feel good images and videos only!

I've always thought Annie Lennox was impressive. Just came across this and tis' the season.

“Remember, being healthy is basically just dying as slowly as possible,” Ricky Gervais

She has a powerful voice and presence. I saved the last video and found this live version she sang on GMA.
    Just a dog chauffeur that used to hold the dumb end of the leash.

@Coyotesfan97

She takes what I would casually classify as a Christmas carol and makes it feel like the soundtrack to an epic historical drama about a battle for Middle Earth.
    “Remember, being healthy is basically just dying as slowly as possible,” Ricky Gervais

I had no idea she had ever done a Christmas album. I’ve purchased and and downloaded it.
    Just a dog chauffeur that used to hold the dumb end of the leash.

I looked out my kitchen window yesterday afternoon…Name:  3111D4FD-838E-41FE-8DC0-ECDD27D7DF6B.jpg
Views: 327
Size:  27.8 KB

Name:  C6EDB94A-A274-4952-A9FD-9E8AEE331304.jpg
Views: 325
Size:  37.7 KB

I live in a town of about 12,000. I’ve seen tracks in my backyard before but hadn’t seen one making herself at home.

Used to have a mountain home in Ruidoso, NM. The mule deer there would come into my yard by the dozens and up to five or six at a time would camp out under the deck on the back of the home.

One day we had thirteen (13) bucks ranging in size from forkhorns (2 points on each side) to mature 4X4 bucks all in our yard at one time!

I think my wife might have photos of them somewhere, but that was pre-phone camera/digital camera days.

One day we came home from a short errand and there were two does under the back deck. They stayed there while we unloaded our truck and walked up the stairs. Didn't even stand up. A couple of hours later, I went out on the deck and fired up the grill to barbecue some steaks. Only then did they somewhat reluctantly leave.

One of the does walked off into the surrounding pine forest, but the largest one only moved about 15 yards away near our detached garage. She watched as I cooked the steaks, and when my wife and daughters came out onto the deck to begin setting the table with all the other things we were having for dinner, she stayed and watched.

When we all sat down and began eating, she began snorting and pawing the ground. I was pretty certain she was annoyed because we were on the deck and she wanted to go back to "Her" resting place under the deck.

Sure enough, when we finished eating, cleaned off the table and went around to the front deck, she walked right back under the back deck and laid down!

We also had several raccoon adventures and one notable black bear encounter at that home, but those are different stories.
    Last edited by 1911Nut; 12-28-2021 at 10:04 PM.

Teens carrying the load for a volunteer EMS squad
    ———-
    Brunet included, the EMS crew is comprised of eight people, all under the age of 21.

https://www.northcountrypublicradio....g-the-pandemic

I work for SOLO Wilderness Medicine.
    It's been in business for almost 50 years now, teaching wilderness first and, and survival skills.
    We offer a Wilderness first responder course, as well as the nationaly accredited EMT course.
    The age of the students on average is between 18 and 28.
    Some folks are older, but most are in that range.
    https://soloschools.com/
    "... And miles to go before I sleep".

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by CSW View Post
    It's been in business for almost 50 years now, teaching wilderness first and, and survival skills.
    We offer a Wilderness first responder course, as well as the nationaly accredited EMT course.
    I've been trying to get into the WFR course offered locally for several years. The organization I'm familiar with only puts it on 1x-2x/year and so far has a perfect record for choosing weekends where I already have commitments.
    "No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms." - Thomas Jefferson, Virginia Constitution, Draft 1, 1776

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by CSW View Post
    I took a SOLO Wilderness Medicine first aid course many years ago. It was a great class. Highly recommended.

User Tag List