Page 2 of 25 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Baseball 2019

Gucci gear, Walmart skill Darth_Uno's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by farscott View Post
    Huge baseball fan
    Same here. I just love baseball, even if it’s not the Cardinals playing.

I love watching my son play and coaching his team, I love the Cardinals, and I’ll turn on any team if the Cardinals aren’t playing. I just love baseball.

And I was never really that good, so I realized at a young age that I needed to study the game. So I’ve often joked that I can explain better than I can execute. But I understand the game. I can pass a written test. I know who needs to play where with runners at first, or runners at first and third, or any other setup. I know this game.

But I can’t do it myself (certainly not at a pro level, or college, or probably even high school anymore), so I enjoy watching those who can.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Darth_Uno View Post
    Same here. I just love baseball, even if it’s not the Cardinals playing.

I love watching my son play and coaching his team, I love the Cardinals, and I’ll turn on any team if the Cardinals aren’t playing. I just love baseball.

And I was never really that good, so I realized at a young age that I needed to study the game. So I’ve often joked that I can explain better than I can execute. But I understand the game. I can pass a written test. I know who needs to play where with runners at first, or runners at first and third, or any other setup. I know this game.

But I can’t do it myself (certainly not at a pro level, or college, or probably even high school anymore), so I enjoy watching those who can.

My best bud hereabouts is a huge Cardinals fan. We get to sit on the porch, drink beer, have a cigar and talk baseball...but not often enough. We're planning on it this week, weather and schedules permitting.
    There's nothing civil about this war.

Read: Harrison Bergeron

Baseball 2019

Dinger!

https://www.espn.com/mlb/recap?gameId=401075719

13 HR’s in one game. [emoji52] I love a pitcher’s duel but slugfests are fun to watch too.

Last edited by Darth_Uno; 06-11-2019 at 09:59 AM.

Dinger!

https://www.espn.com/mlb/recap?gameId=401075719

13 HR’s in one game. [emoji52] I love a pitcher’s duel but slugfests are fun to watch too.

That is friggin' wild. And who was it the other day, the Nationals I think, that hit four straight HR's in a game against the Padres.

I sometimes listen to the Mariner broadcasts on the radio when I'm loading. I was here in Seattle when they started. Went to a lot of games in the old days but just don't want to deal with the traffic now, 3 hours round trip in heavy traffic.

It's an interesting team having never played in a world series. Seattle just isn't a baseball town, it's a wonder they even have a MLB team. Nobody I know speaks baseball. I played some in high school (catcher) and love the game.
    Last edited by Borderland; 06-11-2019 at 11:04 AM.
    In the P-F basket of deplorables.

Quote Originally Posted by Borderland View Post
    I sometimes listen to the Mariner broadcasts on the radio when I'm loading. I was here in Seattle when they started. Went to a lot of games in the old days but just don't want to deal with the traffic now, 3 hours round trip in heavy traffic.

It's an interesting team having never played in a world series. Seattle just isn't a baseball town, it's a wonder they even have a MLB team. Nobody I know speaks baseball. I played some in high school (catcher) and love the game.
    And they haven’t been outright terrible, at least not for any long stretch that I can recall. Just never great.

I had a Mariners hat back in the day because of Ken Griffey Jr.

Quote Originally Posted by blues View Post
    That is friggin' wild. And who was it the other day, the Nationals I think, that hit four straight HR's in a game against the Padres.
    They said we’re on pace to break the single season HR record by 1000+. [emoji46] That might not be a sustainable rate but it’s likely to get beat by several hundred.

And they haven’t been outright terrible, at least not for any long stretch that I can recall. Just never great.

I had a Mariners hat back in the day because of Ken Griffey Jr.

That guy was a hitting machine. 630 career HR's. 7th overall. HOF. Loved to watch that guy.
    Last edited by Borderland; 06-11-2019 at 01:09 PM.
    In the P-F basket of deplorables.

Quote Originally Posted by blues View Post
    When the Yankees or Mets play the Braves or Reds we have to watch their broadcast due to the MLB rules for the market we're in. Otherwise we can watch the games with "our" guys in the booth. Kinda sucks when you're paying for the package...but so it goes.
    MLB.TV allows you to select the home or away announcing team unless there is only a single national broadcast, like FOX. Even then, the home and away radio feeds are available. I use both Apple TV and iPhone with the application.

Quote Originally Posted by farscott View Post
    MLB.TV allows you to select the home or away announcing team unless there is only a single national broadcast, like FOX. Even then, the home and away radio feeds are available. I use both Apple TV and iPhone with the application.
    Yeah, I haven't bothered going that route as it's only the games against the Braves and Reds that we can not opt for "our" announcers on the YES, SNY or 700 channels on DirecTV.

Maybe one of these days I'll be motivated to try out the app or website.

User Tag List