Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: CZ 75 B chamber issues

CZ 75 B chamber issues

Bought a brand new CZ 75 B a couple of weeks ago. Finally got it out t out to the range last weekend. None of the ammo I tried would fully chamber. When I would chamber a round the bullet would get stuck in the rifling and the slide was not anywhere close to being in battery. The first round I chambered I racked the slide like normal and it was stuck so tight I could barely eject it. It is like the chamber was cut too short or something. I tried Speer Gold Dot 124gr, 124gr HST and WW 115 FMJ.

CZ was really good about sending me an RMA and a return shipping label so I should be seeing the pistol back in 4-6 weeks they tell me.

I thought that firearms are test fired before they leave the factory?

not uncommon. CZ is know for short chambers. Not taking the hst or gold dot is weird though. My sp01 and shadow 2 don't mind those, but neither one will load Remington pistol or wwb.

Hopefully they get your barrel squared away for you, not many aftermarket options for reaming CZ barrels these days.

Quote Originally Posted by Artemas2 View Post
    not uncommon. CZ is know for short chambers. Not taking the hst or gold dot is weird though. My sp01 and shadow 2 don't mind those, but neither one will load Remington pistol or wwb.

Hopefully they get your barrel squared away for you, not many aftermarket options for reaming CZ barrels these days.
    I would think a pistol should chamber all common factory ammo.

Quote Originally Posted by 4given View Post
    I would think a pistol should chamber all common factory ammo.
    You may be the first guy to try to use duty ammo in a steel frame CZ this year.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    You may be the first guy to try to use duty ammo in a steel frame CZ this year.
    Could be! Funny the 115gr FMJ was an issue as well.

There are SAAMI and CIP specs on chamber throats, but nobody seems to care.

After you get it back from CZ, if it is not right, check around, there are shops reaming throats to reasonable length.
    Code Name: JET STREAM

Quote Originally Posted by 4given View Post
    Could be! Funny the 115gr FMJ was an issue as well.
    Kidding aside, and despite CZ chambers know for being shallow, sounds like you got one out of spec.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Watson View Post
    There are SAAMI and CIP specs on chamber throats, but nobody seems to care.

After you get it back from CZ, if it is not right, check around, there are shops reaming throats to reasonable length.
    They wanted to know what ammo I was using and I told them so I hope they cut it to function with those.

CZ 75 B chamber issues

All of 6 my CZs have shorter chambers than Glocks, but I have never had an issue with factory ammo of any type.

That’s good to hear about the customer service. Let us know what happens when you get it back.
    Last edited by Clusterfrack; 09-10-2021 at 05:12 PM.
    "You can never have too many knives." --Joe Ambercrombie
    Shabbat shalom, motherf***ers! --Mordechai Jefferson Carver

Not trying to one-up CF, but I have 8 CZ's. (all steel frame). Four of them had problems exactly as you described when new, and all were fixed by a local gunsmith with a reamer in about 5 minutes each. I'm confident CZ would have corrected the issues as well if I had wanted to ship them the pistol(s).

User Tag List