Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Holosun 509T slide milling

Holosun 509T slide milling

Who’s doing direct milling to Glock slides? I know @chpws has an option but it requires an adapter plate of some sort and I haven’t been able to find any photos that really show what that option looks like.

Anyone know anyone else doing that work? I’ve checked some of the other popular options and haven’t found anything.
    Formerly known as xpd54.
    The opinions expressed in this post are my own and do not reflect the opinions or policies of my employer.
    www.gunsnobbery.wordpress.com

I don’t know of any direct milling solutions. I’m using the CHPWS plate on my G45 and so far it’s worked very well and I have no complaints. I’m using the same Ameriglo suppressor sights I used with the Aimpoint ACRO and they are plenty tall for the 509T.

Quote Originally Posted by SoCalDep View Post
    I don’t know of any direct milling solutions. I’m using the CHPWS plate on my G45 and so far it’s worked very well and I have no complaints. I’m using the same Ameriglo suppressor sights I used with the Aimpoint ACRO and they are plenty tall for the 509T.
    Is your 45 an MOS? If not can you post or send me pics?
    Formerly known as xpd54.
    The opinions expressed in this post are my own and do not reflect the opinions or policies of my employer.

Jagerwerks lists the 509T as one of their options to mill a slide for.
    My posts only represent my personal opinion and do not necessarily reflect the opinions or official policies of any employer, past or present. Obvious spelling errors are likely the result of an iPhone keyboard.

Quote Originally Posted by Lon View Post
    Is your 45 an MOS? If not can you post or send me pics?
    It is an MOS. I just used the C&H MOS plate.

Quote Originally Posted by SoCalDep View Post
    It is an MOS. I just used the C&H MOS plate.
    Same here with a C&H plate on a 19 and 45 MOS — works great, BUIS front sight height is .315, which is same as a RMR direct milled. Waiting for their plate for the 509T/CORE.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    Same here with a C&H plate on a 19 and 45 MOS — works great, BUIS front sight height is .315, which is same as a RMR direct milled. Waiting for their plate for the 509T/CORE.
    Would it be preferable to direct mill a slide for the 509T? I have the sight and I’m thinking of getting my slide milled for it however I’m not sure if I should have them just mill a “MOS cut” and use the C&H plate just in case I want to switch out optics down the road. The shop I use did say they have the specs to do the cut and will have the programming done soon. So do I wait for the specific 509 cut or the C&H plate option?

Quote Originally Posted by Jay23 View Post
    Would it be preferable to direct mill a slide for the 509T? I have the sight and I’m thinking of getting my slide milled for it however I’m not sure if I should have them just mill a “MOS cut” and use the C&H plate just in case I want to switch out optics down the road. The shop I use did say they have the specs to do the cut and will have the programming done soon. So do I wait for the specific 509 cut or the C&H plate option?
    That’s a good question. I ended up buying an AIM SURPLUS RMR cut slide. I’m gonna use the adapter that came w the 509 on it until I decide if I like the 509 or not. Then I’ll make the decision on whether to have it direct milled or not. I prefer direct milled, but it’s a one and some thing for the 509 since no other sights use that footprint.
    Formerly known as xpd54.

Jagerwerks is offering discounted slide milling and refinishing ($80 for an optic cut and $20 for black nitride) through today if anyone still wants to get a slide milled.
    My posts only represent my personal opinion and do not necessarily reflect the opinions or official policies of any employer, past or present. Obvious spelling errors are likely the result of an iPhone keyboard.

Quote Originally Posted by Lon View Post
    That’s a good question. I ended up buying an AIM SURPLUS RMR cut slide. I’m gonna use the adapter that came w the 509 on it until I decide if I like the 509 or not. Then I’ll make the decision on whether to have it direct milled or not. I prefer direct milled, but it’s a one and some thing for the 509 since no other sights use that footprint.
    So the C&H plate fits an RMR cut slide? I was under the impression the Glock MOS cut was different then an RMR direct attach mill cut.

User Tag List