Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 910111213 LastLast

Thread: The Smith & Wesson Revolver Wishlist

I love the idea of the classic Model 60 being introduced. I’d also like to see a 327NG in either a 3” or 4” variety.

Quote Originally Posted by HeavyDuty View Post
    Years ago (1990s?) I ran across a 3” J frame with adjustable sights and a 686-style underlugged barrel. I should figure out what model that was, because it was pretty cool.
    If it was stainless steel, it was likely a Model 60. I have one, and in the older version with out the accursed safety lock. I'll dig it out of the safe and post a pic so you can verify.

Any idea what the model numbers were?
    Quote Originally Posted by SeriousStudent View Post
    If it was stainless steel, it was likely a Model 60. I have one, and in the older version with out the accursed safety lock. I'll dig it out of the safe and post a pic so you can verify.
    Yes, the blued one was a model 36 dash something, the stainless was a model 60 dash something, the dashes were specific to the 3" adjustable sight options.

Edit: From wiki, "Approximately 615 Model 36-6 Target variations were produced. This variant had a 3-inch full lug barrel with adjustable sights and a blued glass finish."

It looks like the model 60-10 is the stainless version.
    “Far better it is to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checkered by failure, than to take rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy much nor suffer much, because they live in the gray twilight that knows neither victory nor defeat.”
    ― Theodore Roosevelt

Quote Originally Posted by SeriousStudent View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Malamute View Post
    Yes, the blued one was a model 36 dash something, the stainless was a model 60 dash something, the dashes were specific to the 3" adjustable sight options.

Edit: From wiki, "Approximately 615 Model 36-6 Target variations were produced. This variant had a 3-inch full lug barrel with adjustable sights and a blued glass finish."

It looks like the model 60-10 is the stainless version.
    I wouldn’t have guessed it was a 60! If only 615 of the blued 36es were made, I suspect this will remain a wish.
    Ken

BBI: ...”you better not forget the safe word because shit's about to get weird”...
    revchuck38: ...”mo' ammo is mo' betta' unless you're swimming or on fire.”

I wouldn’t have guessed it was a 60! If only 615 of the blued 36es were made, I suspect this will remain a wish.
    They come up once in awhile but prices are usually premium:

https://www.gunbroker.com/item/882814656

Search for either a Model 60 target or a Model 36 target. If you can give up the adjustable sights and shroud the 3" Model 36-1 is more common and about half the price.

Years ago (1990s?) I ran across a 3” J frame with adjustable sights and a 686-style underlugged barrel. I should figure out what model that was, because it was pretty cool.
    IIRC they were mostly Model 60's. I seem to recall some that looked like a mini "Combat Masterpiece" with conventional barrel profiles and adjustable rears. I'm sure I examined a 4" adj sighted Model 60 in .357 quite a few years ago, pre-lock as I recall.
    “Remember, being healthy is basically just dying as slowly as possible,” Ricky Gervais

Quote Originally Posted by Half Moon View Post
    They come up once in awhile but prices are usually premium:

https://www.gunbroker.com/item/882814656

Search for either a Model 60 target or a Model 36 target. If you can give up the adjustable sights and shroud the 3" Model 36-1 is more common and about half the price.
    I've got one of those with a fair bit of finish wear that is an excellent shooter. I picked it up for $300 a few years ago and have seen them listed locally and they seem to languish on the Georgia Outdoors Trader site, last time I noticed a couple there (a couple years ago). That extra inch of heavy profile barrel is money.
    “Remember, being healthy is basically just dying as slowly as possible,” Ricky Gervais

Revolvers Revolvers 1911s Stephanie B's Avatar
    Model 60. It's still in production.
    Last edited by Stephanie B; 12-29-2020 at 11:22 AM.
    If we have to march off into the next world, let us walk there on the bodies of our enemies.

Quote Originally Posted by Stephanie B View Post
    I’ll be damned - thank you! I should pay more attention to the website. One of those with a set of the D&L fixed sights...
    Ken

BBI: ...”you better not forget the safe word because shit's about to get weird”...
    revchuck38: ...”mo' ammo is mo' betta' unless you're swimming or on fire.”

Site Supporter
    Speaking of the S&W you want...how come S&W refuses to bring out a 3" RB 10/13 or 64/65? Those are some of the most sought after S&Ws out there but they insist we buy some other "bung hole" infected model.

They couldn't even manage a 3" barrel on the new 66. No they had to make it 2-3/4". A 66 RB 3", with the fixed sights as found on the Night Guard models (another missed opportunity in my mind) would have me thinking about buying a new S&W, something I am very dis-inclined to do.

Dave

PS: I'm aware of the 3" Carry Comp 19 and considered getting one. I just don't like it enough to pay close to $1K for it.

User Tag List